Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Friends/Family You've Converted/Gotten Hooked (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=518)

imkookoo 2007.11.29 12:42 PM

I got people hooked on some of her songs, not her as a whole though. La Salle de Bain/Yokushitsu and Stem seems to be the hits among the people.

A lot of my friends are pop music fanatics though... Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, etc. For a group of people who are great at the arts, gay peoples' musical tastes suck. Hehe.

HEDOfloe 2007.11.29 01:34 PM

Umm, I think i've gotten 3 people into the band so far. One is still on hold, though. The first two were alot more into TJ than solo Ringo, and they both really like all three of their albums also. The one i'm working on "converting" right now is a bit on and off, he mostly liked everything but just to varying degrees. However, he did say that he wanted to go to Japan and kidnap Ringo so we better be on the lookout @_@

cjhobbies00 2007.11.29 05:47 PM

When I was young I tried to convert my friends to Shiina, only they were the kind of people who listened to rap and all that crap like Rihanna (compared to Shiina).

Shiina is too much for most, you can't convert them because they aren't ready for her. They're used to the crap they play on MTV.

HEDOfloe 2007.11.29 07:56 PM

^ yup. I just get really annoyed when someone tells me "their music is good, but i'd listen to it if it was in english" >_<. Like if most people even really care what the music they listen to says. I'm sure no one really wants to "bust a cap in someone's ass" or "slap their bitch ass girlfriend". They just sing along to it regardless.

justriiingo 2007.11.29 08:10 PM

Most of my closest friends are, at the very least, casual fans of SR, but now I'm telling them to stay away for obvious reasons.

Canto 2007.11.29 09:46 PM

I used to introduce SR to my male friends who are into music (like my former bandmates). When they heard that SR is a female artist, their interests soon distracted to "how she looks like?" "is she sexy?" and such, no matter how many times I tell them to focus on her music. It's just when the it comes to female artists they'll no longer believe that they can be musically good without being a puppet of male manipulators.

Once I said to one of them "I believe SR is the best artst I bumped into in a long time..." and he suddenly blurted "woman making music....euh..."

golem09 2007.11.30 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canto (Post 21113)
Once I said to one of them "I believe SR is the best artst I bumped into in a long time..." and he suddenly blurted "woman making music....euh..."

That's gross.

I converted 1 person. But he isn't interested in her newer works either. The rest of my friends tend to listen to metal...
I hate metal

fluffiethesock 2007.11.30 10:23 AM

Yeah, metal is nasty.

I have too many SR stories to talk about right now, but maybe I'll compile them later.

Kasanagi 2007.11.30 03:19 PM

Yea nobody likes her voice... a sudden glimsp into the workings of the universe must've been require for people to "click" onto her music...

I do have a friend who's a big hikki fan and a casual SR/TJ fan, but he's only into a few songs like gips, superstar etc

cjhobbies00 2007.11.30 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasanagi (Post 21147)
Yea nobody likes her voice... a sudden glimsp into the workings of the universe must've been require for people to "click" onto her music...

That's exactly what it is. You gotta be at the right point in your musical development to be able to accept shiina.