Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SAPS album Circles 8/7 (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=2050)

deadgrandma 2013.06.01 03:12 AM

Does anyone else think that SAPS really do pull a far more convincing "cool" than any TJ member ever did (Phase 1 or 2).

plumcakk 2013.06.01 06:55 AM

Well, to be fair, SAPS pulled off having the word "Pimp" in their band name.
It takes a special level of cool to be able to do that.

I'm so excited for this :wub:

teattum 2013.06.01 08:23 AM

Ooooh no.

I'm sorry but, even if I can be very patient for some things (for instance, this). I think this is too much. And if I am the one to think that, that mean a lot.

Ringo is more or less still revolving around the same artists over and over again... Saito Neko, SAPS, these people are parts of longterm collaborations with Ringo. Is it a bad thing, basically? Maybe not, but it's just another detail added up on a lot of previous events which make these kinds of novelty-intented releases tainted with a sense of deja vu.

The worst part of it is that I'm not the first person to acknowledge this, and probably not the last one either.

deadgrandma 2013.06.01 04:01 PM

^you do realize this is more a special thing for SAPS 10th anniversary (they already had something with Mummy D) and not strictly a "Ringo" release...

I'd rather this than nothing, that's for sure.

thefro 2013.06.01 04:32 PM

Awesome... I've loved their past collaborations. I'd like them to do a whole album together at some point.

Video looks like it's going to be pretty dang cool. SR looks great

karateexplosion 2013.06.02 07:58 AM

SEVEN CHARACTER TITLES EVERYWHERE.

I don't even care that they're releasing a song together - all I want to see is the art-house short film based on that teaser.

matan-san 2013.06.04 12:34 AM

I love the teaser but I'm not that excited for the single. I'm not a fan of SAPS and their style or the tracks they did with Ringo (also I have a general dislikeness to the sound of saxophones)

Glathannus 2013.06.04 05:19 AM

Just wanted to point out, we should be taking into account the fact that this is a Victor release, since SOIL&"PIMP"SESSIONS are a Victor artist, and this release has a Victor catalog number. Therefore, it is highly unlikely that we will find any of the tracks from this single on Shiina Ringo's next album, since she is an EMI artist.

That means this single isn't a waste of money, even if Shiina Ringo does release an album soon. SOIL&"PIMP"SESSIONS has never released worthless B-sides, so there would be no drawback for us (as single collectors) if they were to follow up with an album of their own.

On another note, now that I'm thinking about record labels, we (the fans) wouldn't have anything to lose if Shiina Ringo were to move to Victor. I'm not saying I believe she'll do that, but it would make plenty of sense.

frecklegirl 2013.06.04 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matan-san (Post 87084)
I love the teaser but I'm not that excited for the single. I'm not a fan of SAPS and their style or the tracks they did with Ringo (also I have a general dislikeness to the sound of saxophones)

I like saxophones but otherwise I agree...

karateexplosion 2013.06.04 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glathannus (Post 87085)
On another note, now that I'm thinking about record labels, we (the fans) wouldn't have anything to lose if Shiina Ringo were to move to Victor. I'm not saying I believe she'll do that, but it would make plenty of sense.

Ringo moves to Danger Crue Records. Reforms Hatsuiku Status as a visual kei outfit. Fanbase destroys itself in ensuing bloodbath. Ringo doesn't take notice, 'cause she still rich. Continues endorsing gum and dramas, counting her money.