Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Product Reviews & Information (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [TJ] 2007.08.22 - Killer Tune (CD) [Single] (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=327)

kuro_neko 2007.08.06 06:51 AM

moved from "Killer Tune thread"

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock (Post 14161)
:lol: POSiTiVe <3 POwEr!!!!!!!! TIME :lol:

I <3 Ringo Shiina!!!
I <3 Tokyo Jihen!!!!!!!
I <3 Kyouiku!
I <3 Adult!
I <3 Variety!
I <3 Heiseiei Fuzkokzukoeuuwu!
I <3 OSCA!
I <3 Killer Tuuuuune!
I <3 All B-Sides EVERYWHERE!
I <3 New releases!
I <3 Mr. Hirama!
I <3 Mr. Uki!
I <3 Mr. HZM!
I <3 Mr. Izawa!
I <3 Mr. Kameda!
I <3 Mr. Hata!
I <3 Ms. Shiina! again
I <3 Bill Nye the Science Guy!

thIS nEw aLbUm iZ guNNA ROKK!!!!!, :wub: :wub: N i caN't w88888888!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, Jihad (for being in love with an unreleased album -- no worries, it's a joke) and frecklegirl (for the post). I just had a lot of positive energy stored up, but I'm going to sleep now.

PS - this post is not spam (because it took me a long time to type. ;) )

this post borders on level of uppity-ness and happiness that only YUKI could ever rival. (YUKI GRAPHIC SPAM)

waxringo 2007.08.06 09:05 AM

That is such a scary picture. She looks like a conehead, too.
What do you mean she doesn't look like Shiina, Golem? Who is "She?"

His name is Ringo. His name is Ringo. His name is Ringo.
Made cooler, cause my name is Sheena

kuro_neko 2007.08.06 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waxringo (Post 14212)
That is such a scary picture. She looks like a conehead, too.
What do you mean she doesn't look like Shiina, Golem? Who is "She?"

His name is Ringo. His name is Ringo. His name is Ringo.
Made cooler, cause my name is Sheena

oh god I love YUKI.

Golem is refering to what Ringo looks like in the Killer Tune PV. A lot of people don't think it looks like her

(I think it looks like her in the Gunjo Biyori video....that was sans make-up with oil? water?, this is sans make up with water)

I like, she looks....how do I say 子供っぽい

not childish but like....child-like. Cute.

especially when she flings her head at the end and her hair gets strewn across her face. So cute.

edit:

no one mentioned the radical difference in her hair between OSCA and this. Judging from the pictures of the band recording the new work, I think she might look odd to people here because she is wearing a wig with her natural hair underneath, thus making her head look slightly large (which would be why I think she looks childlike and why people think she looks odd).

bromithia 2007.08.06 01:15 PM

Wait, her OSCA hair is real? I thought it was just a wig.

makenshiww 2007.08.06 01:44 PM

the OSCA hair was real? .(hopes so) nice.

ohhh yea. just wanted to post.. I'm actually to like Killer Tune a lil, it took a couple of listens. but I do like the verses. slightly more than the chorus... ::nodds::

.. BIll NYE the science guy!:wub:

madpawn 2007.08.06 01:45 PM

It's a very touching, bouncy and uplifting song. Between it and OSCA, I think "Variety" can easily live up to its predecessors. I'm thinking it will be brilliant back-to-school music.

HEDOfloe 2007.08.06 01:58 PM

If it only cam out before school started @_@. Then I could have something new to listen to on the way back to the dreaded first class of the semester @_@

oasis_heart3 2007.08.06 08:43 PM

I have come to say one thing:

HA! I was RIGHT! xD
Quote:

Originally Posted by oasis_heart3 (in the 'Variety' thread)
...But I guess only time will tell if the entire album will be '60s inspired. (that could be cool, actually...but it could be even cooler is if each song was "inspired" by a different time period. What if that were the "variety" she was talking about? Plus if you look at the cover of "OSCA", it has a '20s feel to it...whereas "Killer Tune" has a '50s/'60s feel to it. ^^

...Which makes me think MORE. If "OSCA" has a '20s-inspired cover, but '60s-inspired music...then, since "Killer Tune" has a '60s-inspired cover, does that mean it'll have '20s-inspired music???)

"Killer Tune" DOES have a '20s-type feel to it! It reminds me very much of honky-tonk music! (^^) I'm so happy that my theory seems to be correct. <3

So I wonder if the rest of the album will deal with other eras, like there might be a '70s/disco-type song on there as well, and maybe something "futuristic/techno" too?

frecklegirl 2007.08.06 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock (Post 14161)
:lol: POSiTiVe <3 POwEr!!!!!!!! TIME :lol:

I <3 Ringo Shiina!!!
I <3 Tokyo Jihen!!!!!!!
I <3 Kyouiku!
I <3 Adult!
I <3 Variety!
I <3 Heiseiei Fuzkokzukoeuuwu!
I <3 OSCA!
I <3 Killer Tuuuuune!
I <3 All B-Sides EVERYWHERE!
I <3 New releases!
I <3 Mr. Hirama!
I <3 Mr. Uki!
I <3 Mr. HZM!
I <3 Mr. Izawa!
I <3 Mr. Kameda!
I <3 Mr. Hata!
I <3 Ms. Shiina! again
I <3 Bill Nye the Science Guy!

thIS nEw aLbUm iZ guNNA ROKK!!!!!, :wub: :wub: N i caN't w88888888!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, Jihad (for being in love with an unreleased album -- no worries, it's a joke) and frecklegirl (for the post). I just had a lot of positive energy stored up, but I'm going to sleep now.

PS - this post is not spam (because it took me a long time to type. ;) )

I love this post, there's no way I'd have a problem with it. XDDD

kuro_neko 2007.08.06 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bromithia (Post 14231)
Wait, her OSCA hair is real? I thought it was just a wig.

I am not sure. Every single recent picture of Ringo she has had long hair but it is has always been tied up in a bun on top of her head. Some photosets, like for Rockin On, she had short hair and here in this video its short again....sooooo I'm guessing the short hair is a wig, much like the one she wore for KZK and she seems to have a penchant for...or, she chopped it off again. I guess we will just have to wait for Oricon Style article to see her hair there.