Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Polls (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Favourite Color Bars Song (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=1917)

Tokyo Jihad 2012.02.21 07:00 AM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Oh Wow.
Comparing "saita" to Of Montreal.

Oh man.

I know this post is rather crass, but considering Of Montreal just put out a fantastic album... Obviously, I'm not saying all songs with a dance beat are shallow, but for too many songs (and listeners these days) the dance beat is "enough" idea wise. I think Saita falls under this category. Saying "Saita" is at all in the league of songs like "Spiteful Intervention", "Ye Renew the Plaintiff" or "We Will Commit Wolf Murder" is laughable, sorry.

TurtleFu 2012.02.21 07:31 AM

((Paralytic Stalks was terrible, they haven't done an "amazing" album since Skeletal Lamping))

It's so weird for you to say sa_i_ta is shallow, when the MOST shallow song on the EP is clearly Honto no Tokoro, both lyrically and musically.

EDIT: 700th Post HOOOooooooo

Tokyo Jihad 2012.02.21 08:01 AM

One day you'll re-read that post, and realize just how incorrect it is. I promise.

Maou 2012.02.21 08:01 AM

Wahaha~! Oh, that's right.

gekokujyo 2012.02.21 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleFu (Post 81698)
It's so weird for you to say sa_i_ta is shallow, when the MOST shallow song on the EP is clearly Honto no Tokoro, both lyrically and musically.

I completely agree with this.

deadgrandma 2012.02.21 01:22 PM

I just looked up Of Montreal to see if it was as groovy as Sa_i_ta.

Yeah, white.

:-p

Also @Maou: is that a joke vote or you genuinely like Time Capsule? I think it's a fairly decent song, I like how it doesn't go into a big chorus or anything, and just stays really chilled out.

matan-san 2012.02.21 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleFu (Post 81698)
the MOST shallow song on the EP is clearly Honto no Tokoro, both lyrically and musically.

my Japanese isn't good enough to understand all the lyrics of Honto no Tokoro, but I just can't see how can you find a song about a tanuki dying shallow :huh:

Maou 2012.02.22 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadgrandma (Post 81715)
Also @Maou: is that a joke vote or you genuinely like Time Capsule? I think it's a fairly decent song, I like how it doesn't go into a big chorus or anything, and just stays really chilled out.

It's legit. I really like it. Time Capsule and Honto do the best job at building a unique atmosphere. Honto is cool, but Time Capsule has a more personal meaning to me.

sa_i_ta was my favorite on first and second listen, but it didn't hold up. For now, it's:

Time Capsule > Honto > sai_i_ta > Konya >> Horror Dust

Quote:

Originally Posted by matan-san (Post 81736)
my Japanese isn't good enough to understand all the lyrics of Honto no Tokoro, but I just can't see how can you find a song about a tanuki dying shallow :huh:

You just need to learn TurtleFu lingo and understand his standards that he adjusts based to fit his current argument. If he doesn't like it, it's usually "shallow" or "amateurish".

TurtleFu 2012.02.22 01:52 PM

@Maou
I was going to get mad that you said that, but then I remembered I was equally rude and dismissive with Jihad for LIKING Honto no Tokoro. I try not to be a hypocrite.

@matan
The lyrics are pretty shallow. It's just a statement of some random events relating to death.

The chorus is literally:
"A hawk ate my housecat" x 4
OMG SO COMPLEX. CLEARLY HATA IS USING RANDOM ACTS OF DEATH TO REPRESENT MAN'S MORTALITY IN A TREATISE ON EXISTENTIALISM.

or... he just thought it was cool?

I remember something Jihad once said about Metro: ask a bunch of high school musicians to write a chorus, and you'll get the chorus to Metro.
In addendum: ask a bunch of "punk" high school musicians to write a song, and you'll get Honto no Tokoro. It's good for raw visceral energy, not for complexity.

Maou 2012.02.22 02:33 PM

You need to lighten up. You're so defensive and easy to upset. You remind me of how I used to be and how Jihad used to be. Oddly, it seems like half the time you're trying to prove yourself to Jihad.

Maybe the lyrics Hata writes are deep. Maybe that line is a metaphor of the time he got a blow from some older woman. I don't know.

Are the lyrics from Kabuki complex? Does that make you like it less? Do you want some more? YES PLEASE! They're not complex and just as bad. I think.