Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Polls (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What's your favorite Tokyo Jihen Single? (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=352)

HEDOfloe 2007.07.25 05:00 AM

I wouldn't say Gunjou Biyori is boring, even compared to the rest of their music, I like it very much, but I also prefer OSCA to it.

Orenji 2007.07.25 05:36 AM

I voted for Sounan, of course :wub:. I think it's their best single (and maybe my most played track from their discography).

01 - Sounan
02 - OSCA
03 - Shuraba
04 - Gunjou Biyori

fluffiethesock 2007.07.25 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe (Post 13170)
I wouldn't say Gunjou Biyori is boring, even compared to the rest of their music, I like it very much, but I also prefer OSCA to it.

Hmmm, I think boring was probably a bad word. I'll change that to "uninteresting."

Tokyo Jihad 2007.07.25 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock (Post 13156)
Gunjou Biyori is a pretty generic rock song

=[
Please give an example of a non-generic one then, just for comparison's sake.

fluffiethesock 2007.07.25 07:50 AM

Osca
Ekimae
Omatsuri Sawagi
Sounan
Kenka Joutou
Yukiguni
etc

HEDOfloe 2007.07.25 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock (Post 13175)
Hmmm, I think boring was probably a bad word. I'll change that to "uninteresting."

I guess it compares how you describe "interesting" but I guess if you compare it to sounan it does just sound like a rock song, but I think gunjou biyori is still amazing in all the emotion that I get from hearing it. It's not a masterpiece but it's still one of my favorite songs by them. Osca also is not a masterpiece, but it is also one of my favorite songs and I guess it is more "interesting" than Gunjou Biyori whether you like it for it or not.

Tokyo Jihad 2007.07.25 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock (Post 13184)
Osca
Ekimae
Omatsuri Sawagi
Sounan
Kenka Joutou
Yukiguni
etc

So nothing that "rocks" in particular?

fluffiethesock 2007.07.25 08:02 AM

Jusui Negai
Himitsu
Kabuki
Blackout
Genjitsu wo Warau
Service
etc

Tokyo Jihad 2007.07.25 08:14 AM

I dont quite see how Gunjo is "generic." Its a good, loud, rock song with a beat. That kinda stuff never goes out of style (as long as the song doesn't suck.) Sounan is a great track, maybe a better one than Gunjo. But Sounan is not a "great rock track," whereas Gunjo I definitely think is. I don't see how suddenly "the bread and butter" is suddenly despicably passe. Are Tadashii Machi, Identity, Superstar, and Kabuki-cho no Jou suddenly all less great (or classic in the appropriate cases) because they're rock songs and "generic."

How is Yukiguni not generic in reference to KZK? Himitsu and Gomatsuri not "generic" when looking at other jazz-fusion music? If Gunjo is getting points docked for generality, then so should Himitsu. Why is "the rock" track/genre the one singled out?

Mad_Mac 2007.07.25 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 13191)
I dont quite see how Gunjo is "generic." Its a good, loud, rock song with a beat. That kinda stuff never goes out of style (as long as the song doesn't suck.) Sounan is a great track, maybe a better one than Gunjo. But Sounan is not a "great rock track," whereas Gunjo I definitely think is. I don't see how suddenly "the bread and butter" is suddenly despicably passe. Are Tadashii Machi, Identity, Superstar, and Kabuki-cho no Jou suddenly all less great (or classic in the appropriate cases) because they're rock songs and "generic."

How is Yukiguni not generic in reference to KZK? Himitsu and Gomatsuri not "generic" when looking at other jazz-fusion music? If Gunjo is getting points docked for generality, then so should Himitsu. Why is "the rock" track/genre the one singled out?

Seconded....

I don't see any generic thing in "Gunjo". It's a very interesting ROck song. Not just a generic rock song that made by a cheap rock band. It's a straight forward rock with a lot of good quality of music. Kameda's Bass line, Hata's Sound, and HzM's keyboard sound is just marvelous. And I think the soul of this song is on the keyboard, and Hajima's guitar.

I saw "Gunjo" version of Phase 2 in youtube. I'm not Uki haters, but his sound in that show is like lifeless. I really hope they will play Gunjo, and Definitely Sounan in Phase 2. But after i heard it, I prefer watching Dynamite Out over, and over again just to heard this 2 song. I hope they re-arrenge it again if they want to play this 2 song again. I really2 miss it