Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (Music) (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Currently Listening To... (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=8)

TeslaGuy 2009.03.03 04:30 PM

Mahavishnu Orchestra - Birds of Fire

Ringo~Bingo 2009.03.03 05:29 PM

Angela Aki - Somebody Stop Me

This track resists my attempts to wear it out and the Xylophone part is awesome!

RollOverHobo 2009.03.03 05:35 PM

Movement- Oldfish
I'm officially in :wub: with Oldfish...

mizer_unmei 2009.03.03 07:40 PM

Morrissey - Alsatian Cousin

kuro_neko 2009.03.03 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glathannus (Post 46710)
It's nothing that DVD Decrypter can't fix.
Oh, whoops. I forgot you use OSX.

Apple is extremely bent toward people who play by the strict rules of the industry. If you dream of doing otherwise (like ripping your own damn DVD) - you're using the wrong hardware/software. Yeah there is ripping/cracking software on Macs, but none with the flexibility of DVD Decrypter or keeping up with the latest bullshit (encryption schemes or deliberately faulty sectors) like AnyDVD HD, and there's nothing with the accuracy of Exact Audio Copy.

If successful artists are so freaked out about piracy/fairuse of multimedia, they should take over the world (if they pool together their royalties they can buy an army with a few nukes) and make everyone use Macs. Or use Windows 7, which for Fair Use reasons, I won't touch with a 10-foot pole.

Currently Listening To:
Tool - Schism

I've used audio hijack for those few dvd only tracks up until now and it has worked great for the most part. I've just never tried to do it for something like a full dvd. Considering this box set is 4 dvds and probably somewhere around 10 hours total footage, I can't imagine sitting and ripping the contents all day. I haven't checked into an auto function on AudioHijack quite yet.

Glathannus 2009.03.04 12:21 AM

"Ripping" can be done faster than realtime. You are talking about recording the content as it plays. Record-as-it-plays is how some people think they are "breaking" DRM - which is an extremely dirty practice for content that is already lossy, because recording leads to transcoding. This stance of mine isn't specific to "hating Apple as much as possible" because I cringe whenever people record-as-it-plays on Windows too, especially when people on Windows have more options they'd rather not know about.

I had a complete & straight audio rip of Zazen Ecstasy with each of the songs divided into their own tracks, before I had even played the DVD. It took me maybe 15 minutes, and 5 of that was to name & tag everything. I am certain that if I had to go through it again, that I would produce the exact same rip twice (with the filehashes to prove it). A ripping method has to be consistent, testable, and proven - in order for me to take it seriously. I'd sooner buy a thousand lottery tickets than bet any amount on record-as-it-plays producing any consistent duplications.

If you have an Intel Mac, the "hours of your life" you lose from setting it up for Bootcamp would be less than waiting for everything to play that you ever wanted to 'rip'.

When multimedia has to be "processed" in no faster or slower than realtime, I have very little faith that the copy would ever be exactly the same as the original. It's like a step back to some of the things that could go wrong in the days of analog.

Currently Listening To:
Yasunori Mitsuda - Nephilim

ShinjiPG 2009.03.04 01:22 AM

Salyu - Corteo ~gyoretsu~ (single)

Ok, this is conforting to hear, since Iris (her previous single) pointed to a less desired future. It seems she got back on track, good good. Now, album <3

EDIT: also...

Chatmonchy - Last Love Letter (single)

<3<3<3

TeslaGuy 2009.03.04 04:53 AM

Pat Metheny Group - It's For You

justriiingo 2009.03.04 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeslaGuy (Post 46713)

Great sound.
*proceeds to listen more on youtube*

Ringo~Bingo 2009.03.04 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG (Post 46740)
Salyu - Corteo ~gyoretsu~ (single)

Ok, this is conforting to hear, since Iris (her previous single) pointed to a less desired future. It seems she got back on track, good good. Now, album <3

Just heard this myself, it's quite a nice return to form :) and the B-Side is wonderful! very Kenshou Naoshi like. :wub: