Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Polls (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Should SR sing in English ? (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=126)

badtzmaru 2007.04.17 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pariscombo (Post 2098)
I like her singing in english, french, german etc because I can't distinguish well her pronounciation from native's. And in some ways for me her pronounciation is very cute.(especially 'the lady is a tramp' in 'Meet The World Beat 2004'.) I want her keep covering many foreign songs within the scope of her ability or taste, irrespective of languages , as many as possible.

Same here! I don't think there are many Japanese artists (or any artist, for that matter) that sings in as many languages as Ringo. :wub: BTW, welcome Pariscombo!! :lol: It's good to have you here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by justriiingo (Post 1999)
It's not really the accent that throws me off, it's more like... rhythm? Like she stresses on the wrong parts of words... it's just weird thought I've more or less gotten used to it now.

I think I know what you mean. It doesn't bother me that much though, except in a few cases like the aforementioned 'nuke.' >_<

Canto 2007.04.18 04:26 AM

In Yuuhatsu Orgasm we can hear she asking the way in London in English, though she just said "Excuse me, we'd like to..." and the scene was cut.

CatchFiveBats 2007.04.18 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canto (Post 2216)
In Yuuhatsu Orgasm we can hear she asking the way in London in English, though she just said "Excuse me, we'd like to..." and the scene was cut.

Really? Where at in the video is this?

Kasanagi 2007.04.19 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by justriiingo
It's not really the accent that throws me off, it's more like... rhythm? Like she stresses on the wrong parts of words... it's just weird thought I've more or less gotten used to it now.

Like in "koko de kisushite", where she sang "It is certttaiiinnn I love you so much"???

Tokyo Jihad 2007.04.19 05:30 PM

I like the odd pronunciations/inflections.

Kasanagi 2007.04.19 05:33 PM

It threw me off from understanding what she's singing until I read the lyrics

kuro_neko 2007.04.19 08:30 PM

ringo's english is really spot on

sometimes I need to follow along with the lyric booklet, but I have to do that for English speaking artists as well.

I also don't imagine Ringo has much time to brush up on her English so I would say the amount she has retained from what education she has had is pretty amazing.

arutea 2007.04.20 02:37 AM

Yeah! Her pronounciation is way good compared to a lot of other j-pop/j-rockists. I loved Unconditional Love. >< and I only heard it recently for the first time >.>

Although.. I'd have to say songs like Stem that the english doesn't make sense is ehhh chotto. >.>

Aelxan 2007.08.30 07:26 AM

I think that Ringo-sama should sings in English. Singing in Japanese, she won't be able to be famous out of Japan, and I think she has a talent out of normal, and all the world should know who is her.

BUT! of course, she must not forget his native language, language that I love, and i'm very sure that she compose better in it. She cans do like Shakira, make 2 diferent CDs, one in English, and the other one in Japanese, with exclusive songs in both.

That's my first post, i expect to be accepted here :p

PD: Sorry for my bad English, i'm from Spain and i can't found forums of Shiina Ringo into Spanish Language.

Inaudible-Whisper 2007.08.30 07:46 AM

Changing style/sound for anything other than musical progression = sell out. She should use English only when she deems it necessary, and not for the sake of more widespread acclaim. As much as I'd love her to be famous here in England, if the world can't accept her native language, that's their loss. I have no idea why the Japanese market is ignored when critics and western music fans widely accept the likes of Bjork, Sigur Ros and Rammstein.

And welcome, by the way :) You should introduce yourself properly in the New Members Thread.