Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How Did We First Discover...? (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=11)

Koufukuron 2007.04.07 03:52 PM

For me, it was because I download random things all the time. At that time, the only Shiina song I had heared was her duet with Utada Hikaru, I wont last a day without you. I hated it. I still kind of do. Being extrememly biased, everytime someone mentioned her I would immediatly say I couldnt stand her. In some forum, a person uploaded "Kyoiku" from Tokyo Jihen, and I had no clue it was her band. I'll be honest, I thought it was like some middle aged woman who smoked a lot >_> But for some reason I still loved the sound of it.

I was terribly surprised when I looked them up on Wikipedia and found outshe was the vocalist :D Ever since I've been listening to her music, and I absolutely adore her voice and her talents as a songwriter/composer.

Tokyo Jihad 2007.04.07 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koufukuron (Post 788)
I thought it was like some middle aged woman who smoked a lot >_> But for some reason I still loved the sound of it.

Judging by her latest releases......:P:P

Jonny 2007.04.07 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koufukuron (Post 788)
I'll be honest, I thought it was like some middle aged woman who smoked a lot >_> But for some reason I still loved the sound of it.

OMG you just put my memory back into my head. That's exactly how I felt the first times I heard a couple of Ringo songs. And I assume they were either MM or SS ones. I truly thought the voice sounded like it belonged to some old, left house wife that smoked all her life.
The difference from you would be that I didn't like the sound of the music at those first few listens. It had to grow on me.

CatchFiveBats 2007.04.07 10:22 PM

Actually, Ringo was a smoker for a long time. I think she quit sometime recently, though...

Canto 2007.04.07 10:45 PM

The brand of cigarettes she smoked was Hi-lite Blue, 1.4 mg. As we know most women's cigarette contains nicotine varying from 0.1 to 0.5 mg. Hi-lite Blue is way too heavy for a girl. Therefore it damaged her voice.

badtzmaru 2007.04.08 11:38 AM

Ooh, interesting! o_o I'm glad she quit recently though, since it doesn't fit her image anymore and isn't necessary (in my opinon.)

justriiingo 2007.04.08 11:40 AM

I think a large part of the reason she quit was because of her son. But it's good for her too. :)

Koufukuron 2007.04.09 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny (Post 795)
OMG you just put my memory back into my head. That's exactly how I felt the first times I heard a couple of Ringo songs. And I assume they were either MM or SS ones. I truly thought the voice sounded like it belonged to some old, left house wife that smoked all her life.
The difference from you would be that I didn't like the sound of the music at those first few listens. It had to grow on me.

Haha! I'm glad people agree XD. Most of my friends had to grow on Ringo, too (thats all they hear when they come over).

The one I find people have the most trouble liking, if they're not particularly a Ringo fan, is Tsumi to Batsu. Theres a lot of power in that, and it really threw them off >_>.

zarya 2007.04.09 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koufukuron (Post 1084)
Haha! I'm glad people agree XD. Most of my friends had to grow on Ringo, too (thats all they hear when they come over).

The one I find people have the most trouble liking, if they're not particularly a Ringo fan, is Tsumi to Batsu. Theres a lot of power in that, and it really threw them off >_>.

That's odd, I thought Tsumi to batsu would be a good first song for people to start liking her. I wonder what the best "introductory" song would be... I guess it depends on what the person likes already.

Lena-chan 2007.04.09 02:10 PM

I think the best introductory song is honnou
maybe because I'm introduced to SR by this song
but when I use it as introdution method it works very well
XD