Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Polls (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What's your favorite Tokyo Jihen Single? (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=352)

ShadyNook 2007.07.29 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justriiingo (Post 13360)
Unlikely. Here's Coba http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/coba/english/index.html
If i'm not wrong he played accordion on Ringo no Uta.

hey, is this that Jimi Hendrix accordion player on 愛妻家の朝食?

justriiingo 2007.07.29 08:31 PM

I dunno.

Appeltje 2007.07.30 02:10 PM

wow, I'm really susprised that Gunjoubiyori is the least popular! For me, this song is really her best song since she started Tokyo Jihen. When I listened to Kyoiku for the first time, Gunjoubiyori really stood out together with Sounan. But the power of Gunjoubiyori really won me over, together with the title ;)

Glathannus 2007.07.30 02:15 PM

It's because we're not only rating the main songs themselves, we're rating each single's CD overall. Each CD has the main song, then extra tracks known as "B-Sides", though nowhere near enough to be a complete album. We're judging each single's CD in their entirety, rather than only comparing A-Sides (the main songs listed here).

Gunjou Biyori was pretty big for me, upon first hearing it within the album, but we're not doing 1 track versus 1 track comparisons here - we're doing 3 versus 3 (1 A-Side and 2 B-Sides), and that's why Shuraba is ranking fairly high.

Appeltje 2007.07.30 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glathannus (Post 13589)
It's because we're not only rating the main songs themselves, we're rating each single's CD overall. Each CD has the main song, then extra tracks known as "B-Sides", though nowhere near enough to be a complete album. We're judging each single's CD in their entirety, rather than only comparing A-Sides (the main songs listed here).

Gunjou Biyori was pretty big for me, upon first hearing it within the album, but we're not doing 1 track versus 1 track comparisons here - we're doing 3 versus 3 (1 A-Side and 2 B-Sides), and that's why Shuraba is ranking fairly high.

Whoops, I was a bit too fast there ;)
In that case I wouldn't know, I only buy albums really. Thanks for the clarification though :)

badtzmaru 2007.10.17 09:29 PM

Although "Koi wa Maboroshi" is my favorite single cover, Sounan is definitely my favorite single because of "Kokoro" (and "Sounan.") :wub:

Sounan > Shuraba > OSCA=Killer Tune > Gunjou Biyori

"Gunjou Biyori" is also one of my least favorite TJ tracks. But I find that it's not as bad as I think every so often I hear it. I don't think I could listen to it often, though. Anyway, would anyone change their vote to Killer Tune now? :huh:

Which single cover is everyone's favorite?? >_<;; I love the Kyoiku covers, but I think I'll have to choose Shuraba's. *_* And did anyone make the assumption yet that OSCA's cover features Ukigumo's hand/wrist and Killer Tune's features Izawa's hand/wrist? (Or maybe it's so blatantly obvious no one felt need to mention it. @_@;;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by newyorkjihen (Post 13293)
Maybe not my favorite, but I love "Genjitsu wo Warau".

"Maybe I will kiss you slowly... maybe quickly... maybe na...T na...T"

It's like she's stressing the differences btwn English & Japanese, by not pronouncing it as "na...Tou"

o_.o I think you posted in the wrong topic, NYJ!

HEDOfloe 2007.10.18 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badtzmaru (Post 18949)
Although "Koi wa Maboroshi" is my favorite single cover, Sounan is definitely my favorite single because of "Kokoro" (and "Sounan.") :wub:

Sounan > Shuraba > OSCA=Killer Tune > Gunjou Biyori

"Gunjou Biyori" is also one of my least favorite TJ tracks. But I find that it's not as bad as I think every so often I hear it. I don't think I could listen to it often, though. Anyway, would anyone change their vote to Killer Tune now? :huh:

Which single cover is everyone's favorite?? >_<;; I love the Kyoiku covers, but I think I'll have to choose Shuraba's. *_* And did anyone make the assumption yet that OSCA's cover features Ukigumo's hand/wrist and Killer Tune's features Izawa's hand/wrist? (Or maybe it's so blatantly obvious no one felt need to mention it. @_@;;)

o_.o I think you posted in the wrong topic, NYJ!

Actually, Killer Tune is one of my favorite songs by them, but the whole single is not my favorite even now. I would, though, put OSCA as my favorite single now. I really love Kaban no Nakami and Pinocchio moreso than koi wa maboroshi and rakujitsu.

As for my favorite cover, it is a tie between Koi wa Maboroshi and DYNAMITE :D.

badtzmaru 2007.10.18 10:54 AM

Oh dang it, I meant cover as in album jacket. :ph43r:;;

HEDOfloe 2007.10.18 01:22 PM

WELL, in that case, :D, I'd say Shuraba is my favorite.

Cinders 2007.10.18 05:16 PM

Gunjou Biyori, it's a great song. Also I absolutely love The Lady is a Tramp. Also Kao is pretty decent too, which is surprising cuz I usually hate at least 1 song on each single cd. Not this one though.