Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Our fav. Videogames (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=162)

golem09 2008.05.13 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 29079)
Collect-a-thons ftl. I never found Banjo to be fun =(

Banjo 1 was so superb single player game and Banjo 2 a superb multiplayer game!

But why only 3 pictures?

Quote:

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (360)
- RARE says they didn't want to make a hi res version of the old Banjo platformer.
- You create vehicles with parts you find around the levels.- GI says their first vehicles was a 4 wheeled kart with a spring attached to the bottom that allowed them to jump things. They later found a helicopter blade that allowed their kart to fly. Later they added balloons to the vehicle and put the blade on the back and created a hovercraft.
- RARE showed them a vehicle that was a monster truck that was able to detach its chasis to become a mini bike. When the bike ramped off a cliff it revealed collapsible glider wings and started flying.- There will be 1,600 parts including weapons that you'll be able to attach to the vehicles.
- The town is called Showdown Town.
- GI says that despite the large focus on vehicles it still features platform elements from the previous games like traditional platforming, tight rope walking and jiggy piece collecting.
- Showdown Town is 16 times larger than anything RARE has created before.
- Every level has a different intro. Nutty Acres begins with a credits spoof of 80's soap opera's like Dallas.
- Note collecting is back and will act has currency that'll allow you to bu vehicle blueprints.
- RARE says there are 15 different challenges spread across 6 different levels. There will also be side missions.
This seems to suck.

GH4 sounds interesting, but if they want me to buy even MORE equipment, they can forget that, haha. All this stuff sounds so forced... like "we need to offer more than EA" "we were the ones who invented this shit".
We'll see how it turn out, maybe the song creating will be the niext big thing, maybe the new way to to play seethrough ontes will suck, who knows...

Inaudible-Whisper 2008.05.13 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golem09 (Post 29083)
This seems to suck.

You want them to stay stuck in the past? If they had, people would just say "Lol they just make the same game but prettier". They still said traditional platforming would be a major part of the game, they just wanted to take it in a new more unique direction. I'm really liking the idea of the vehicles. I love lego! :P

Also, Viva Piñata 2 looks awesome! The first was totally underrated... actually, it was highly rated but people didn't buy it because they thought it was a kids games :( It's surprisingly deep and addictive. But the second is undeniably awesome because it has a chicken piñata called Cluck Norris.

Quote:

Originally Posted by golem09 (Post 29083)
GH4 sounds interesting, but if they want me to buy even MORE equipment, they can forget that, haha. All this stuff sounds so forced... like "we need to offer more than EA" "we were the ones who invented this shit".

I agree, it's like they said "Rock Band only has 4 drums pads! Add a forth one and we'll be better" but all they're doing is alienating themselves by forcing all Rock Band adopters to either buy MORE instruments, something not a lot of people are doing, or just stick with Rock Band. And considering the vast majority of people that want a band game have/are getting Rock Band, that's a lot of people not buying GH4. Then you have the people that would have bought it just for the Guitar Hero aspect, but if the new Guitar hardware makes all past guitars incompatible then they're slicing that market in half also. All in all, if this looks as incompatible as it seems... that's just really, really dumb.

IF everything is compatible aside from the new drum, I may think about just buying GH4 with their drum, because it looks quite cool :P But it won't be for a while and it'll depend on the price. And if the song creation tool is as good as it sounds. And the tracklist.

Also, Harmonix HAD to expect something like this, so they must have something up their sleeve.

golem09 2008.05.13 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper (Post 29092)
You want them to stay stuck in the past? If they had, people would just say "Lol they just make the same game but prettier".

yeah, I'd definitely prefer that, and I don't give a shit about what people say :P
Because all games prior to 2000 are better than the games of the new millenium :)
period

Where are the pictures of the new drumset?

Inaudible-Whisper 2008.05.13 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golem09 (Post 29096)
yeah, I'd definitely prefer that, and I don't give a shit about what people say :P

Because all games prior to 2000 are better than the games of the new millenium :)[/quote]

Well, I wouldn't say all games. But even if that is so, I'd rather play new inferior games than play everything I've played in the past with better graphics just as I'd rather see new movies and hear new music than just hear covers of classics with better production and CGI. Else we'd never end up with brilliance like Mario Galaxy. Plus, this new creation aspect sounds better than old Banjo anyway. They've essentially created the same platforming game that you control every aspect of via your own design and creation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by golem09 (Post 29096)
Where are the pictures of the new drumset?

In my first GH4 post at the top of this page. The word drums is a link to the pic.

1up Banjo 3 preview

Debut gameplay trailer.

Some Banjo multiplayer impressions:

Quote:

A long-jump event is presented, where you simply have to hurtle down a ramp. The machine's power is then cut, and it's a test of how far you can make it get. First, a vehicle covered with rocket-thrusters takes the mark, a seemingly ideal machine for the task. It rockets forth and gets a decent enough score. The next contender seems unassuming with his purposefully build vehicle, with only a fraction of the obvious thrusters... but as it takes to the air, its secret is revealed. The whole chassis is ejected away, revealing a much smaller sphere which speeds through the air without the enormous mass, before rolling ever-onwards after hitting the ground into victory
I can imagine this game being VERY fun online, given time to build the perfect, or attempt to build the perfect vehicles to beat the competition.

Quote:

This is only the start. A tester tells me that during an internal competition to see what was possible, he constructed a functioning space shuttle, complete with ejectable boosters. When they were sent spinning into the ether, a pair of wings slid into place, allowing you to fly the titan.

Maou 2008.05.13 10:19 AM

=( No Ninja Gaiden 2 for Germany. It makes me sad that not every country is getting the 2008 GotY.

Inaudible-Whisper 2008.05.13 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maou (Post 29112)
=( No Ninja Gaiden 2 for Germany. It makes me sad that not every country is getting the 2008 GotY.

Really? That sucks. On the other hand, I'm glad you brought it up because everybody seems to be totally disregarding it and talking about Fable 2, Banjo n3, VP2 and Too Human -- which I'm looking forward too, but where's the NG2 love? The new trailer looked awesome. And I giggled at "The Sequel To The Original!" lol, really!?

golem09 2008.05.13 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maou (Post 29112)

All the good games are either cut or don't releases at all. But don't worry, we germans don't care anymore, because we have almighty AUSTRIA at our site, were all the videogame companies produce and release a lot of extra copies for germans to import, since the countries share the same language. And currency. And no toll.
So in the typical german onlineshop the AT version costs the same as the german.

cjhobbies00 2008.05.13 12:24 PM

Didn't you guys get an uncut version of "The Witcher" for PC? The one where a half-demon goes around hunting other demons and lying to people and sleeping with women in return for your help?

Sounds like the U.S. gamers got snubbed there...

golem09 2008.05.13 03:04 PM

no clue, I'm not that deep into pc games

cjhobbies00 2008.05.15 01:10 PM

God damn, Just realised the new GH drums are gonna be pressure sensitive. Now RB is gonna release (in all likelihood) an improved drum set in a year and take more of my money.

Can't see myself switching to GH, I've heard stories of the insane difficulty of the guitar section, and I don't like their song list. They sneak in one or two songs from bands like Superbus and the Beastie boys, but there's too much metal within the songlist for my tastes.