Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Product Reviews & Information (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [TJ] 2012.01.18 - Color Bars (CD) [Album] (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=1906)

TurtleFu 2012.01.22 08:34 AM

(I like Phase 2 Service)

Maou 2012.01.22 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Entryâ„–1 (Post 81221)
Agreed. Maybe Izawa doesn't want to insult HZM by playing his part, which explains why he would play guitar, but it's doubly awkward because HZM composed the song.

:unsure:

Yet Ukigumo plays/bastardizes most of HZM's parts on guitar instead. Ukigumo can't play lead like Hirama could and Ringo certainly can't carry the guitar parts. They need Izawa on guitar to try to bring some drive to the song.

Carlx 2012.01.22 11:39 AM

We are lucky they disbanded, right?

TurtleFu 2012.01.22 12:23 PM

Maybe? I would have been perfectly happy if they each went on to do solo things but reunited every couple years to do an album.

thefro 2012.01.22 05:40 PM

When'd Ringo get her bottom teeth fixed? Lots of mouth-closeups in that performance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maou (Post 81227)
Yet Ukigumo plays/bastardizes most of HZM's parts on guitar instead. Ukigumo can't play lead like Hirama could and Ringo certainly can't carry the guitar parts. They need Izawa on guitar to try to bring some drive to the song.

Eh, I'm pretty sure Ukigumo could practice and learn to play it note-for-note like it is on the original recording, but he probably wants to do his own thing. It's a different arrangement anyway.

I don't think the performance is that bad, but I think it's fair to say they weren't bringing a lot of energy. Ringo really killed the note at 5:18 though, but by then the song is over.

Tokyo Jihad 2012.01.22 08:01 PM

Does anyone else just think in that performance Shiina just acted more like "-Shiina Ringo-"?

I'm psyched.

(Also, its been such a long time since I've heard Gunjo. Its still such a good song.)

(I am being waay too positive lately.)

TeslaGuy 2012.01.22 08:52 PM

Have listened to it more than a half dozen times so far, on good headphones while walking through bland landacapes, and my mind still wanders.

Scribble R 2012.01.23 02:24 AM

We should be used to these sub-par Music Station, etc. performances by now (unless this is your first one). The live DVD is where it's at. The only disappointing one was JCHI, IMO, in terms of giving disappointing live renditions of songs (not the quality of the set list itself S&T > Variety)

I'll say more about individual songs in color bar later, but I think it's a pretty disappointing EP bar sa_i_ta.

thefro 2012.01.23 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 81234)
Does anyone else just think in that performance Shiina just acted more like "-Shiina Ringo-"?

I'd say that's a function of the setlist more than anything. Konya kara Sawagi evokes Honnou a little bit (and Shiina holds the mic the same way in the performance and the PV) and obviously Gunjo is their first single and she plays guitar a bit.

Maou 2012.01.23 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefro (Post 81233)
Eh, I'm pretty sure Ukigumo could practice and learn to play it note-for-note like it is on the original recording, but he probably wants to do his own thing.

He could also learn to sing the song note for note like in the studio, but you wouldn't say he can bring it like Ringo. Same difference with the guitar. He does his own thing because he can't do the other well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 81234)
(I am being waay too positive lately.)

Good news for people who like bad news. :P