Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Associated Artists (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   SOIL&"PIMP"SESSIONS (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=145)

justriiingo 2009.09.15 03:22 PM

SOIL&"PIMP"SESSIONS - Pop Korn"

New video on their yt channel.

lazer85 2009.11.15 08:23 PM

what are the chances of ringo coming out at a soil and pimp show in december. I'm considering going but even second hand tickets at half price are expensive and that could make my decision a little easier.

Glathannus 2009.11.15 08:46 PM

Shiina Ringo has made guest appearances in the concerts of other artist(s) before, but it's rare. I don't think it's ever been a touring occurrence, but more like a 1-day/1-venue occurrence, per artist. Unless you know that the show you're going to is somehow more special than just being one leg of a tour, I wouldn't get your hopes up about seeing Shiina Ringo there, if I were you.

However, I would still go to the concert anyway, because several EMF members who have witnessed SOIL&"PIMP"SESSIONS in-person, will tell you that you won't regret it. Now I haven't actually been at any of the concerts, but I do have a DVD of theirs which I would rank among the best of the concert DVDs I own.

lazer85 2009.11.15 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glathannus (Post 64515)
Shiina Ringo has made guest appearances in the concerts of other artist(s) before, but it's rare. I don't think it's ever been a touring occurrence, but more like a 1-day/1-venue occurrence, per artist. Unless you know that the show you're going to is somehow more special than just being one leg of a tour, I wouldn't get your hopes up about seeing Shiina Ringo there, if I were you.

However, I would still go to the concert anyway, because several EMF members who have witnessed SOIL&"PIMP"SESSIONS in-person, will tell you that you won't regret it. Now I haven't actually been at any of the concerts, but I do have a DVD of theirs which I would rank among the best of the concert DVDs I own.

can any of those members tell me if they got tickets for less than 80 a piece. I can get them for 40 this time but I'm broke now and even 40 is a bit expensive (I know, its japan...concerts cost organs) but 30 would be fine.

i have no idea if its a tour or not and im at work so i cant go to any website with pictures that stand out and look like im not working from far away

justriiingo 2009.11.15 09:37 PM

If you have a chance to go to a SAPS gig, just GO. They're worth every cent of your money. Motoharu always gives his 130% and the Pimp is a sight to behold.

Seriously. They're amazing.

Btw both times I saw SAPS were in Europe, so I can't comment on how to get tickets for cheap.

EmilScherbe 2009.11.16 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazer85 (Post 64518)
can any of those members tell me if they got tickets for less than 80 a piece. I can get them for 40 this time but I'm broke now and even 40 is a bit expensive (I know, its japan...concerts cost organs) but 30 would be fine.

i have no idea if its a tour or not and im at work so i cant go to any website with pictures that stand out and look like im not working from far away

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/soilpimp/l...hp?language=ja

Assuming your unit is $, Dec 1 Tokyo ticket price is 4,000/89.68 = 44.6

Only Dec 11 Okinawa is cheaper 3,300/89.68 = 36.8

so_cold 2010.03.26 03:19 PM

Another Soil & "Pimp" Sessions tour is coming up very shortly indeed! It's announced on their myspace.

Also 6 is coming out over here on 19 April on CD and digital download.
It of course features the Shiina Ringo collaboration MY FOOLISH HEART ~crazy on earth~ (source)

1 Apr 2010 20:00 - Cape Town International Jazz Festival Cape Town

3 Apr 2010 20:00 - Cape Town International Jazz Festival Cape Town

6 Apr 2010 20:00 - The Garage London, London and South East

7 Apr 2010 20:00 - De Kreun Kortrijk

9 Apr 2010 20:00 - Melkweg Amsterdam

10 Apr 2010 20:00 - Motel Mozaique Festival Rotterdam

15 Apr 2010 20:00 - Blue Note Milan

17 Apr 2010 20:00 - Theatre Trieste, Trieste

justriiingo 2010.03.26 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by so_cold (Post 68531)

15 Apr 2010 20:00 - Blue Note Milan

WHY WHY WHY WHY AM I NOT IN MILAN THIS YEAR WHY WHY WHY.

Scribble R 2010.04.06 03:06 PM

Oh yes. Just got back from their London show. Simply amazing. One of those concerts that reminds you what music is. Enough said...

...The only annoying thing is that there were a bunch of people in the front row trying too hard to 'interact' with the band, and behaving like they were in a metal concert or summat. Unfortuantely for them, they didn't directly interact with the crowd too much, but Motoharu climbed over a few times (And had to be pulled back by security XD Tabu Zombie too) and rested his midriff on my face -- so my head and face was totally drenched with his sweat. It's all good though, I haven't showered yet so I'm gonna wipe it off into a container and keep it there as a souvenir for such a fantastic show. I'm officially a SOIL&"HO"

Amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing

Glathannus 2010.09.08 10:08 AM

Okay, J.A.M came out with a new album 3 months ago, and I didn't even notice until now. I must really be slipping.