Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Product Reviews & Information (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ringo 15th Anniversary Releases 13.11.2013 (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=2086)

Glathannus 2013.11.01 05:09 AM

^
That's at least 350000yen worth of merchandise (even without the embedded sales tax) consolidated into one small area.

A full discography would cost less than the contents of those two boxes.

Nimh 2013.11.01 07:08 AM

That video was a nice surprise.

2 weeks till my credit card balance becomes ground zero.

teattum 2013.11.01 07:37 AM

Is this PV actually the complete video? Because, at the end, it seems to be truncated.

Great song anyway.

Maou 2013.11.01 09:08 AM

Wow her voice sounds great in that new song. That's the best she's sounded in a very long time.

thefro 2013.11.01 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadgrandma (Post 88454)
I know I always say it but this really is one of the best song in years. Never doubt Neko. The video is great too.

The production/arrangement is really good all around (both the song & and the PV). They really elevated a Burt Bacharach-penned song that probably wouldn't be that impressive in its original form, despite it's good lyrics. It still feels like a Ringo-penned song though, one that could either be something from Muzai Moratorium rearranged or a brand new tune from 2013.

I'd still like to hear the backstory on how this one actually came about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by teattum (Post 88463)
Is this PV actually the complete video? Because, at the end, it seems to be truncated.

Great song anyway.

It does seems to abruptly cut off just as the outro of the song starts.

thefro 2013.11.01 03:17 PM

Lyrics

You
You were the one
That I remember
It was you

And
I loved you true
And though you've gone away
In my heart I'll always be with you

So you should know
Although it's over
It's still you

Here
Here in my heart
You'll be a part of me
Part of me will always with you.

No guarantees in life.
Sometimes love just goes wrong
But that's okay
Either way it's worth it
Love's still my favorite song
And in the end
If the angels ask me
To tell them what love is
I'll say it was you

clakaz 2013.11.01 04:29 PM

Thanks for the lyrics!
I was about to ask for it.

TurtleFu 2013.11.01 05:28 PM

I love the new song, it's simple yet elegant but also scratchy in the right places. The strings remind me of Yami ni Furu Ame.
The simple melodic and strong emotive lyrics remind me of the Muzai Moratorium type songs. I would not be surprised if this is one of Ringo's early songs that she has only recorded until now.

The PV is stark and reminds me of Kenka Joutou. I love the styling on Ringo and all the blue hues. The only thing I could do without was the constant CGI breath condensation.

Overall, the references to her previous work cement this firmly as a worthy part of Ringo's catalogue and a fitting anniversary release!

deadgrandma 2013.11.01 06:19 PM

So the Saito Neko Quartet also are responsible for Between Today and Tomorrow... both these songs are excellent. I'd totally accept more of this. Maybe an EP rather than a full album. They could fix Gips :-p *I know, I just said that*

TurtleFu 2013.11.02 06:43 AM

Gips needs fixing. Never heard a version of that song that I like.

I agree about the quartet. By stripping down the music to it's most basic elements, Saito has less bells and whistles to distract. He can create raw, minimalist music that is very emotionally charged.