Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (Music) (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Currently Listening To... (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=8)

deadgrandma 2014.02.09 12:09 AM

DNA

How did this band slip me by? This is fucking great!

FadedSun 2014.02.09 12:12 PM

Soutaisei Riron - Hi Fi Anatomia (full album)

TurtleFu 2014.02.09 12:35 PM

@DG
I really like them too.
They are playing a joint show with Oomori Seiko on April 14th. I'm thinking I might go.

Inseu 2014.02.09 12:39 PM

Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazlewood - Summer Wine

FadedSun 2014.02.09 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleFu (Post 89382)
@DG
I really like them too.
They are playing a joint show with Oomori Seiko on April 14th. I'm thinking I might go.

You're living in Japan and have a chance to see Seiko and you're thinking you might go?! I would give anything to be able to see any of my favorite artists that don't get to tour outside of Japan.

TurtleFu 2014.02.09 04:25 PM

It depends on what I'm doing that day! I will definitely go to several concerts while I'm there, but if I have class and can't make it to Shibuya in time...

deadgrandma 2014.02.09 05:33 PM

Skip class, its Seiko Oomori!

I will be disappoint if you don't make it to at least one of her shows, she does a billion of them. Jun Togawa is the same too.

BTW, if your show you're looking at is on April 14, then it's most likely gonna have some new material, as the Zettai Shoujo tour finishes in the middle of March... (she also hints at it in the latest Top Yell interview). I dunno what kind of show would be better for your enjoyment though, with a backing band or the pure power of her and guitar alone. Obviously, it's the latter for me.

deadgrandma 2014.02.10 06:14 PM

Calvaiire

*was in waaaaaaaay before Fantano*

TurtleFu 2014.02.11 01:35 PM

This is the lead singer of Go!Go!7188, right? I like her new band. Not a fan of the chorus though. Fantastic verses though. Is this at all similar to Go!Go!7188's music?
Machine

Also like Polysics, but I like their newer stuff more. Their 4-person band's stuff was almost too "Perfume on crack". Hayashi still amazes me.
Let's DABA

FadedSun 2014.02.11 04:57 PM

Yep, that's Yuu from Go!Go!7188. She's been in that band for quite a while now. They have four albums now, plus an unplugged album. She also put out a really great solo album at one point, too. I guess there's some resemblance in sound, seeing as Yuu was the main writing force behind Go!Go!, but this band has a more straight-forward rock approach where as Go!Go! played around with surf, punk and ska type sounds at times. I actually really like that song, and the video is awesome.

This is from their first album.

カスガイ

And this is from her solo release. The entire album is very different than anything she did in Go!Go! or チリヌルヲワカ。

Amai Mizu