Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Product Reviews & Information (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [SR] 2000.09.13 - Zecchoushuu (CD) [Single(s)] (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=43)

frecklegirl 2007.04.02 12:00 PM

[SR] 2000.09.13 - Zecchoushuu (CD) [Single(s)]

絶頂集 (Zecchoushuu)

絶頂1 虐待グリコゲン (Zecchou 1 Gyakutai Glycogen)
01. やっつけ仕事 (Yattsuke Shigoto)
02. ギャンブル (Gamble)
03. Jェチ`ッじoTMウ (Onaji Yoru)
Total Playtime: 14:34

絶頂2 天才プレパラート (Zecchou 2 Tensai Präparat)
01. メロウ (Mellow)
02. 不幸自慢 (Fukou Jiman)
03. 喪@CエNコ瑠ヲュWァ (Sou Kourudo)
Total Playtime: 11:25

絶頂3 発育ステータス (Zecchou 3 Hatsuiku Status)
01. 膨らんできちゃった (Fukurande Kichatta)
02. はいはい (Hai Hai)
03. 光合成 (Kougousei)
Total Playtime: 8:22

Retail Availability: Amazon.co.jp, CD Japan, HMV Japan, YesAsia

Tokyo Jihad 2007.04.16 12:49 PM

Bumping the "forgotten" release. It's Shiina at her rawest, an not that lame faux raw we got in Kyoiku. This should get stickied too if UM is >(

The second disc is the real winner. Mellow is oneof my 3 most fav Shiina songs. So Colds not so shabby. I think its funny disc 1 all has different versions now. Only Yattsuke is 'best' here...well, maybe Onaji Yoru too, i seem to remember liking it. I almost never listen to disc 3. Only one song is any good, i think its Kougousei but idont remember too well.

badtzmaru 2007.04.16 05:37 PM

"Gamble" wins. Topic closed. (Just kidding. :P)

What's with the deal with the "Jェチ`ッじo?ウ" and "喪@CエNコ瑠ヲュWァ" spellings? Are they really just mistakes or are they for real? @_@

CatchFiveBats 2007.04.16 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badtzmaru (Post 2054)
"Gamble" wins. Topic closed. (Just kidding. :P)

What's with the deal with the "Jェチ`ッじo?ウ" and "喪@CエNコ瑠ヲュWァ" spellings? Are they really just mistakes or are they for real? @_@

I think it's your character encoding settings, because they show up fine for me...

badtzmaru 2007.04.16 07:56 PM

Well, it has the same spellings on her Toshiba-EMI site: http://www.toshiba-emi.co.jp/vmc/art...odt5400-02.php

And I know it's been discussed before, but I forgot what the final conclusion was. :mellow:

Nimh 2007.04.17 07:40 AM

This is the first SR album I ever purchased, back in 2001. Still rocks. Disc 1 and 2 are nonstop greatness. Not so sure about Disc 3.

Her voice is un-messed with and you really get the feeling that if you were there listening, and were standing next to a speaker, it would destroy your eardrums. I'm surprised she didn't destroy her larynx by the end of Onaji Yoru.

Nimh 2008.05.16 09:06 PM

G-Men are GIs stationed in Japan.

MBF 2008.05.17 06:18 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GI_%28military%29

that'd be the one, you're looking for.
"GI" actually isn't really an abbreviation, but a popular term... I even hear it used a lot in German

Tokyo Jihad 2008.05.17 09:58 AM

I'm not a "lyrics guy" but I'm sure saying "Fuck off, G-man" is nothing personal. Just "the character" in the song/cool thing to say.

Nimh 2008.05.17 11:37 AM

G-Men could also refer to the magazine "G-Men" which is a Japanese publication for gay men.

http://www.gproject.com/store/

Actually, the "G-men" term as referring to GIs may be too postwar-historical, so now I'm leaning towards the gay-mag figure. It's the "fuck off" that made me assume the character was speaking to Americans, but this particular Ringo persona may just be having fun saying the same thing to gay Japanese coverboys.

"G-men" also refers to FBI agents, but that's more of an American slang.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.05.17 12:19 PM

Yeah Shiina's not one for the obscure or historical.

I find it unlikely Shiina is talking about a gay magazine. "G-men" referred to GI/Gov. officials isn't such an exclusive saying. Its a western thing, and its not like Shiina doesn't have western influences.

NIMH Rats link is a shade on the NSFW side. Unless sex toys and provocative pictures of men are ok in your workplace. Then go all out

Nimh 2008.05.18 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 29265)
NIMH Rats link is a shade on the NSFW side.

People on this forum have jobs? Whoa!

Glathannus 2008.05.18 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 29265)
NIMH Rats link is a shade on the NSFW side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIMH Rat (Post 29297)
People on this forum have jobs? Whoa!

I've had the same fulltime job for the past 2½ years. My multitasking and my wages have been steadily expanding. I've never been to college.

I check the boards at least once per hour, while I'm at work. Maybe dish out one long post per workshift, depending upon how much backlog I'm dealing with. But I mostly just lurk when I'm at work. During the Ringo Jihen days, most of my posts were from when I was at work, but I didn't have as many responsibilities back then.

Ringo~Bingo 2008.06.13 12:14 AM

Just to let you know that Zecchoushuu is no longer available at Yesasia anymore :( I tried them and they said it's out of print.. nobody seems to have a copy now which is annoying as I really wanted it! are there any U.K members here who would be willing to sell me their copy ? I'll pay a good price for it.. or I could swap you my (off topic artist) Pillows 'Lostmen Go To The Past' Boxset ?

sorry if you are not allowed to offer trades or the like but I am really hoping to get it somehow and I cannot use shopping Mall Japan so this is my last hope!!

P.S on a separate note a big thank you to Frecklegirl for her great lyrics site :) I have all her Ringo lyrics on my iPod which is a great 'shut-upper' to people who say that you do not understand what they are saying! well after 2 clicks on the center wheel they see the translations and are a little quieter about it!..so thank you.

Glathannus 2008.06.13 07:15 AM

ZCS is one of those things I won't have in my stockpile for awhile, but even when that time comes, I'm not from the UK, and the shipping will surely cost more than you would like (especially with the raising oil prices). I noticed right away when CD Japan and Tower Records stopped selling it, and I could've tried to buy some of the last copies HMV had, but somebody was auctioning off a complete set of the vinyls, and I didn't have any money left beyond that.

ZCS is currently cheap on Yahoo! Japan Auctions, so it's a shame your father won't have anything to do with deputy services. I had another used copy of the CD(s) that came bundled in an auction with cassette tapes, but I gave the spare CD(s) to a friend, because they weren't a collector item like the tapes.

justriiingo 2008.06.13 09:59 AM

[random]
omg ringobingo you're 13!? and you've been a ringo fan since u were... 5?!
[/random]

frecklegirl 2008.06.13 11:08 AM

haha, you're welcome ringobingo!

Jonny 2008.06.15 10:53 AM

Hm... I rejected all kinds of music until I was like... 12 or something...

Inaudible-Whisper 2008.06.15 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ringobingo (Post 30087)
just to let you know that Zecchoushuu is no longer available at Yesasia anymore (-_-) i tried them and they said it's out of print.. nobody seems to have a copy now which is annoying as i really wanted it! are there any U.K members here who would be willing to sell me their copy ?

As far as I know, we're the only UK members currently posting. We're a rarity. And you're not having my copy :P

TeslaGuy 2008.06.15 01:05 PM

Two used copies available at Amazon, each less than $20.

Jesse 2008.07.05 11:01 PM

I grabbed one off Amazon as well. *Hopes it's in good condition*

Osiris12345 2008.07.13 11:52 PM

ZCS "Gamble" > HF "Gamble"
KSK "Yattsuke Shigoto" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ZCS "Yattsuke Shigoto"

You know it's true.

Lena-chan 2008.07.14 03:54 AM

NO
is not!!!!!
because indeed ZCS's Gamble >>>>>> HF's Gamble
BUUUUUUT
ZCS's Yattsuke Shigoto >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KSK's Yattsuke Shigoto

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.14 04:20 AM

NO!!
HF's Gamble >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ZCS's Gamble
YES
ZCS's Yattsuke Shigoto >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>KSK's Yattsuke Shigoto

Mr Sands 2008.07.14 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ringobingo (Post 31836)
NO!!
YES

I agree with this description.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.07.14 06:34 AM

A winner is Lena-chan.
(well, i wouldn't put 'so' many >s between the Yattsukes, buut its still going the right way)

frecklegirl 2008.07.14 06:04 PM

whatever, another vote for KSK Yattsuke Shigoto over here~

Nimh 2008.07.14 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ringobingo (Post 31836)
NO!!
YES

I agree about ZCS's Yattsuke Shigoto [aka "the song that changed my life"].

Not sure about Gamble. I like both of them equally.

badtzmaru 2008.07.16 08:06 PM

The ZCS "Gamble" is my favorite Ringo song. I still wish she released the full version that was on the Sakuran site. T_T I still enjoy the HF version, too. <3

I have to listen to the ZCS "Yattsuke Shigoto" again to decide which one I like better.

Lena-chan 2008.07.17 03:23 AM

oh XO I envy you, I wanted so much to enjoy both Gamble T_T then HF it would be better to apreciate for me
but to me
ZCSGamble>ZCSYattsukeShigoto>>>KSKYattsukeShigoto>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>HFGamble
KSK's Yattsuke Shigoto is one of my least favorite old-SR songs, but I still enjoy it so much better than any nu-SR song
and both ZCS songs are among my top favorite songs

ShinjiPG 2008.08.06 01:28 AM

I always wondered if the original disc has better sound than the rips that I have, especially the first CD. The rips I have have lots of "noise", especially in the louder parts, even tho they are 192kbps/44Hz mp3s.
Anyone can answer this?

inaux 2008.08.06 07:26 AM

From frecklegirl's site: "The songs on the first and third discs are live recordings; the songs on the second disc are studio recorded."

ShinjiPG 2008.08.06 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inaux (Post 34069)
From frecklegirl's site: "The songs on the first and third discs are live recordings; the songs on the second disc are studio recorded."

Lol, thanks for the help, but that doesn't provide any answer to my question :x
(and I already know that info)

inaux 2008.08.06 09:15 PM

Oops, reading comprehension FTL :(. I don't have the original discs, but from watashi no hatsuden's yattsuke shigoto, from my ears at least, I hear the raw attribute found from zecchoushuu rips too.

ShinjiPG 2008.08.07 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inaux (Post 34105)
Oops, reading comprehension FTL :(. I don't have the original discs, but from watashi no hatsuden's yattsuke shigoto, from my ears at least, I hear the raw attribute found from zecchoushuu rips too.

And by "raw attritbute" you mean static noise in the louder parts? Because one thing is "live recording" another thing is "live recording with bad compression".
But well, if Watashi no Hatsuden's Yattsuke Shigoto is just like the ZCS rips, then I guess it's really supposed to be that way :\

ShinjiPG 2008.08.31 04:51 PM

I was checking wikipedia and noticed that Yuka Yoshimura "was" a member of OOIOO, another band I like but don't really care like I care for SR/TJ. So I don't know any of the members names, but!... According to OOIOO's page, there is no Yuka Yoshimura on the current or former members.
Can anyone provide me info on this one?

ShinjiPG 2008.09.02 09:46 AM

Sorry for the triple-post, but this one is really important...
Anyone knows if it is still possible to find ZCS in stores (not online)? My friend is currently in Japan and I asked if he could try to find it for me, but I'm not even sure if that is possible.
Any japanese residents able to answer that? Please :(

EDIT: Afterwards some moderator can merge the posts, but I needed to make a new post in order for other members to notice.

Ringo~Bingo 2008.09.02 09:52 AM

I'm not Japanese but when I tried to get it online NOBODY had it new! a few of the stores even tried to source me a copy from ANY of their suppliers but no one came up with anything at all! I think you're only chance is an independent Japanese store still selling a copy that your friend can look around for ? or it may be available more widespread as pre owned ?

Tokyo Jihad 2008.09.02 11:25 AM

According to Glath, ZCS quietly went out of print when Watashi to Houden was to be released.

Ringo~Bingo 2008.09.02 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 37121)
According to Glath, ZCS quietly went out of print when Watashi to Houden was to be released.

that would make sense as most of it's content is on the new disc.. still it's nice to own everything if you can.

ShinjiPG 2008.09.02 12:35 PM

Well, out of print doesn't mean it should be out of shelves, I think.
I suppose it must be pretty rare, but is there really no chance to find it at all? And about second-hand... how "bad" are they usually?

Ringo~Bingo 2008.09.02 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG (Post 37132)
how "bad" are they usually?

Terrible!!! you know someone's had their fun with them :P but I have seen quite a few brand new for not a lot of money on Yahoo Japan Auctions.. you should check it out if you have Paypal!

ShinjiPG 2008.09.02 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo (Post 37133)
Terrible!!! you know someone's had their fun with them :P but I have seen quite a few brand new for not a lot of money on Yahoo Japan Auctions.. you should check it out if you have Paypal!

Meh, that I can do later, I was kinda trying to profit by asking for some difficult-to-find-online SR/TJ album, and all I remembered was ZCS :\

zarya 2008.09.08 08:06 PM

I don't know if this is too late, but I'm *guessing* it could still be found in music shops. When somethings gets out of print, it means that no more copies are coming in, but there might still be some on sale? Maybe the Mellow PV drove out people to buy the remaining copies, I don't know.
I bought my 1st copy on Ebay, I remember seeing it really often for sale, but lately it hasn't. The 2nd copy (after the 1st was stolen) I bought new, 3 years ago.

TeslaGuy 2008.09.08 09:12 PM

Tower or HMV may still have new copies in stock. BOOK*OFF and Disk Union probably have used copies. BOOK*OFF here in NYC always has a couple.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.10.10 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG (Post 34052)
I always wondered if the original disc has better sound than the rips that I have, especially the first CD. The rips I have have lots of "noise", especially in the louder parts, even tho they are 192kbps/44Hz mp3s.
Anyone can answer this?

I just got my copy of ZCS (que exciting!) and...there seems to be more static and noise here than the mp3s I've been tooling about with for years. At least on disc 1

ShinjiPG 2008.10.10 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 40093)
I just got my copy of ZCS (que exciting!) and...there seems to be more static and noise here than the mp3s I've been tooling about with for years. At least on disc 1

Meh, go figure.
Thanks for the info :)

Tokyo Jihad 2008.10.11 04:56 PM

Ok so now that I got ZCS, I'm looking at the booklet pics and junk. The photos in the Glycogen and Haitsuiku Status sections, was she hinting that she was already pregnant? At least at the time of ZCS' release.

Maou 2008.10.13 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeslaGuy (Post 37628)
Tower or HMV may still have new copies in stock. BOOK*OFF and Disk Union probably have used copies. BOOK*OFF here in NYC always has a couple.

I've been to Book Off in Hirakatashi, Kyoto and Akihabara. None of them had it. I did, however, get to pick up Blankey Jet City's Bang! album.

Ringo~Bingo 2009.02.04 12:35 AM

Why do we have it spelled 'Zecchoushuu' here when it's spelled 'ze-chyou syuu' on the actual box, is their romaji wrong?

kuro_neko 2009.02.04 12:47 AM

because zecchoushuu is the correct way to spell the actual Japanese, if you type in zecchoushuu out the correct characters will pop up.

ringo has been known to screw around with the type of her songs and especially her name. over the many years we have had at least 5 variations of her name alone

also, it is the same reason why you see people call use the term Shinjuku but will find Sinjuku on some signs in Tokyo (si sound doesn't even exist in japanese, the character that should be the "si" is pronounced as "shi").

at any rate you should just ignore the romaji that ringo gives for her songs and either go by the official japanese characters or the appropriate romaji.

btw, have you SEEN the track listing for this single anyways? Some of the tracks like so cold are given random strings of characters and katakana for titles so nuff' said

frecklegirl 2009.02.04 06:41 PM

Because there's like a million different ways to romanize, and actually if you type in "ze-chyousyuu" you'll get the proper Japanese characters too (although you have to remember to replace the hyphen with an extra "c"). They're equally valid, just different schools.

BONUS MINI JAPANESE LESSON:
Sounds like chu/chyu and shu/syu are contractions made when you put two syllables together, chi + yu and shi + yu, so that's why you often see syu and chyu when they're combined, because technically that reflects the 'yu' in there, even though it is not an actual y sound, but rather an h sound. So shu and chu are easier to understand and pronounce for non-Japanese speakers, and in my opinion they look better aesthetically.

KronKyrios 2011.01.16 02:05 PM

Date of Recording

I know this was listed to have been released in 2000, but I could have sworn I read somewhere that these was actually recorded in 1997 or 1998, but I can't find that mention anywhere. Can someone please confirm or deny this?

Thank you.

I have always put this collection at the front of my singles list because it seems to fit better up there. It sounds like her first singles/songs for MM would have come after this. It does not sound like this is any kind of transitional work between SS and UM/KZK.

Yahiko 2011.01.16 10:00 PM

Gyakutai Glicogen was recorded in 2000 during Gekokujou Xstasy tour...
Hatsuiku Status was recorded in 2000 during Gokiritsu Japon tour...
Tensai Prepaerat was due to be a live recording from 1999 tour "Manabiya Xstasy" too, but for some reason it had to be studio recorded, so I don't believe it was recorded before 1999...

Tokyo Jihad 2011.01.17 09:07 AM

Yeah, its all SS-era stuff. The Haitsuku Status is definitely 2000 or whenever. It certainly was not recorded before MM, but the disc 1 stuff was probably written around that time. I'm pretty sure Gamble was in that same set of MM demos (along with some SS songs).

I wouldn't think of ZCS as a transitional work at all. Think of it more as extra burn-off from SS.

KronKyrios 2011.01.19 04:24 PM

Thanks, guys!

deadgrandma 2011.06.09 08:14 PM

It's weird reading how much trouble people had getting this. I guess if you want it brand new then fair enough. Though I got mine on ebay for $7 US in near mint condition.

Silly little gimmicky discs though.