Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Product Reviews & Information (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [TJ] 2010.02.24 - Sports (CD) [Album] (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=1410)

Scribble R 2011.12.07 07:01 PM

Man, with all this talk about what's amazing or not, who actually listens to her music (or any music in that matter) in terms of what's 'objectively best' or not? I mean, I don't ACTUALLY KNOW what her best solo album is because I change my mind on a regular basis, and I just listen to what ever SR song is the 'song of the month' for me, no matter what album it's not.

It's not like anyone cares about SR in the west anyway, lol

fluffiethesock 2011.12.07 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadgrandma (Post 80111)
So you're saying if you switch around the tracks you like Daihakken more? What order do you put them in? I should do a test run.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock (Post 80098)
Dai-Hakken could have been so much better if Track 1 was "For the Tube," if "For the Disc" didn't exist, and if the album ended with the solo Ringo track. I'm still debating whether the original Dopamint would fit the album better than the jazzy version.

If you haven't tried that, go for it. The album works better by giving it a stronger start and having it finish where it's supposed to.

deadgrandma 2011.12.07 07:25 PM

Ah ok, I'll give it a shot. Though, I do actually like Daihakken anyway :-p

Think I'll get rid of Kaitei ni Sukuu Otoko and put Handsome Sugite instead too.

Kaitei ni Sukuu Otoko
is the only song I have a problem with on there really, I'm surprised not many people have singled it out...

fluffiethesock 2011.12.07 07:44 PM

One of my favorites :| I know a lot of people were complaining about it when the album was first released, and I've been trying to figure out why. Someone mentioned that it showcased her worst vocals ever... I just don't hear that. I think she sounds great, and I know for a fact that she's done much worse :B I would single out 21st Century Jawn, Dopamint, and Rock Rock Rock Sensation as the weaker tracks. Well, Rock Rock Rock Sensation isn't bad, but it's out of place.

deadgrandma 2011.12.07 07:47 PM

I think "Rock Rock Sensation" shoulda been closer, like disc end. Woulda been sweet. Abrupt and stuff. My fave is Onna No Ka Wa Daredemo but again, where to put it apart from the end :-p

It's not the vocals on Kaitei ni Sukuu Otoko that bother me, it's just that musically, it sounds so jerky. It reminds me of another song I really dislike- Teenage Hustling by Tori Amos. That's the first thing I thought of for some reason when I heard it :-p

But it's totally forgiven and forgotten when a few tracks later on that wonderful, amazing Osorubeki Otona-tachi hits your ears like warm melted chocolate :-)

I'd buy the album alone for both that and Onna no Ka Wa Daredemo :-p

Just as I'd buy Sports for Sweet Spot and FAIR. Not crowd pleasers but deadgrandma pleasers nonetheless :-p

If they keep pulling off songs like these on their albums, they've still got a fan in me fo' sho. It's the kind of music I desire, and they deliver.

And that's enough of the Ringo-stan in me for now :-p

Scribble R 2011.12.08 01:43 AM

I tried putting together a playlist of the last three Jihen albums (which I don't actually listen to, but it was a fun activity!) and ROCK ROCK SENSATION was my opening track.

deadgrandma 2013.04.05 03:24 AM

Denpa Tsuushin 8 Bit version

As _Kevmusic_ on last.fm pointed out, this is one hell of an awesome treatment of Denpa Tsuushin!

Scribble R 2013.04.05 01:29 PM

I think it's awesome, too. It was part of my 'I should download this ASAP because youtube is extremely fickle' list. I forgot to download it in the end, so it's nice that it's still around. (I still can't download it though, because I'm currently on mobile broadband)

Scribble R 2013.05.09 12:07 PM

Kachi Ikusa is probably the EMF theme song, I think!

thespidereggs 2020.11.03 12:30 PM

We're well past the actual anniversary date (Feb. 24th), but what do people think of this album ten years later? How does Sports hold up in the Tokyo Jihen/Shiina Ringo canon?