Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Site Announcements/Feedback/Suggestions (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Clarification on forum rules: what you don't know can kill your post (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=457)

Nimh 2007.10.04 10:39 PM

Clarification on forum rules: what you don't know can kill your post

In case there's any doubt in anyone's mind what I'm referring to when I say there will be strict enforcement from here on out against personal attacks in the forum, here are things that will result in post deletion (and possible warnings/bannings if there is continuous abuse):

1. Attacking somebody's home/school/company/city/state/country/continent.

2. Attacking somebody's appearance/race/gender/class/family.

3. Gratuitous use of words like "stupid," "idiot," "dumbass," or variations thereof, especially when there is no additional substance.

3a. An emoticon is not substance.

4. Use of white text to "soften" an attack.

5. Threadcrapping/trolling. I really hate this. If your first post in a thread is going to be something along the lines of "this thread is stupid," do not post. It's that simple.

Cranky banter is fine. Even entertaining. Just keep in mind all of the above (and whatever else I or my co-moderators may add in future), and your posts will be left alone.

If something or someone offends you, DO NOT REPLY WITHIN THE THREAD. Report it to me. When deleting offensive posts, I make no distinction between "who started it" and "who responded."

Thank you.

justriiingo 2007.10.04 10:50 PM

If you did this from 3 months back Jihad and Hedo would have 500 less posts each. :P

Either way, I'm very glad to see that something is being done about this. Thank you NIMH_Rat!

Jonny 2007.10.05 03:58 AM

Hail

Tokyo Jihad 2007.10.05 04:31 AM

Bout time.

HEDOfloe 2007.10.05 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justriiingo (Post 17936)
If you did this from 3 months back Jihad and Hedo would have 500 less posts each. :P

Either way, I'm very glad to see that something is being done about this. Thank you NIMH_Rat!

When have I ever attacked Tokyo Jihad?? NIHM Rat said "Cranky banter is fine" so I don't know what you are talking about.

Lena-chan 2007.10.05 04:49 AM

kprov rules
/o/

Nimh 2007.10.05 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe (Post 17951)
When have I ever attacked Tokyo Jihad?? NIHM Rat said "Cranky banter is fine" so I don't know what you are talking about.

Knock it off, Hedo.

ChickShhh 2009.05.30 08:50 PM

Then I'm very curious that why my post is gone without an explanation.

I've just posted on The Birthday Thread a couple of hours ago, simply wrote 'Congradulation, Jihad!' stuff like this. Then it followed with Papi and Shinji replies, etc. Shinji did not know whose birthday is it and Glath explained 'Asians are in different timezones so they celebrate their birthdays much earlier than the Americans - something like that.'

5 mins later, our posts were all gone lol. So do we need to follow the America's timezone as a standard? I remember I have done that before but my post was still there at that time. Where is the freedom of speech? Shouldn't I say Happy Birthday to Jihad? Or simply because I have said something that someone doesn't really want to hear? I could have discussed the issue in private but I want to let everyone knows first. :hmph:

Anyway I think I will keep my mouth shut from now on. :)

EDIT: Oh it's moved. But I would not delete what I have written :)

cjhobbies00 2009.05.30 08:59 PM

:D no one deletes posts wishing someone happy birthday...are you sure you checked properly before? I remember reading your posts...

ChickShhh 2009.05.30 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 (Post 55381)
:D no one deletes posts wishing someone happy birthday...are you sure you checked properly before? I remember reading your posts...

I admit I havent checked properly before, cos when the posts were all gone, the Last Post has become 'Random Thread - 2X minutes ago' (If I recall correctly)

I should have known the posts can be moved without any notification. :hmph: