Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   News (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Ringo News 2015 (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=2161)

tsukigimehime 2015.08.06 07:18 PM

I'll never make my Ringo directing debut as long as Kodama's on the scene!:whacko: he's just too powerful...!!!

And I think ringo, fallen goddess of all us sinners, gets to do the forgiving :P

mrnarse 2015.08.06 10:30 PM

In that interview she also talks about the fireworks in New York (she was there last July 4th) and how they pale in comparison to the master artistry of Japanese fireworks displays.

zeroryouko 2015.08.06 10:31 PM

Here's a link to the interview:

Interview

zeroryouko 2015.08.06 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrnarse (Post 95777)
In that interview she also talks about the fireworks in New York (she was there last July 4th) and how they pale in comparison to the master artistry of Japanese fireworks displays.

I really wanted to be offended by this, but then I Googled some videos from New York and from around Japan, and now I'm just sad. She's 100% right. Damn.

tsukigimehime 2015.08.06 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroryouko (Post 95780)
I really wanted to be offended by this, but then I Googled some videos from New York and from around Japan, and now I'm just sad. She's 100% right. Damn.

Fireworks are a whole different ballgame in Japan... it's like the people planning them want you to be emotionally affected by lights bursting in the air :(

FadedSun 2015.08.07 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroryouko (Post 95780)

Your avatar works so well with this post.

deadgrandma 2015.08.07 06:12 AM

And the final version. Note the Coca-cola logo.

A perfect representation of her current persona methinks :-p

tsukigimehime 2015.08.07 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadgrandma (Post 95786)

And the final version. Note the Coca-cola logo.

A perfect representation of her current persona methinks :-p

Are you upset that she chose to write songs for use in television advertisements? :O

I may be misremembering, but I'm pretty certain that writing songs for other people was one of her original goals in getting into music, or maybe one of her more recent ones at least. I'll try to source this.

As an aside, I'm quite happy that we get those commissioned songs with her voice instead of through another artist (though her songs for smap and folks are still quite catchy and nice. ^_^ )

Also is this an ok topic for the news thread...? Perhaps there needs to be an assorted thread to keep posts to updates (though it's reached 100 pages this way so I guess mods have no problm with it)

deadgrandma 2015.08.07 06:37 PM

Don't take it too seriously, I just think it's funny and somewhat biting.

It's just a joke/parody of what her current status is. Plus you know, the whole right-wing thing added.

K__ 2015.08.08 09:10 AM

it needs some tasteless neon writing on top, maybe something questionable about koreans