Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   News (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Ringo News 2015 (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=2161)

kalmia 2015.04.11 07:33 PM

It looks like the first day of the festival is sold out, but there are some tickets in circulation to go see Ringo. Better act quick!

deadgrandma 2015.04.11 07:59 PM

The day she's on is not as good as day 2 overall, pity it worked out that way. Hope theres some kind of recording of this, wanna see how she handles the Sunny songs without the Madonna size show to go with it...

kalmia 2015.04.12 10:44 AM

If it weren't so expensive I would go for the two-day ticket. I'd go see Hiromi Uehara. Also, I know that recording is prohibited at most concerts in Japan. But I have seen cams of Fuji Rock Festival. And official recordings too. I don't know. Maybe it's because international fans go to the show.

The Most Curious Thing 2015.04.12 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalmia (Post 94265)
Yeah, if it weren't so expensive I would go for the two-day ticket. I'd go see Hiromi Uehara.

She's playing there? Trio Project? Interesting venue for her.

kalmia 2015.04.12 07:33 PM

They played at Fuji Rock Festival in 2012 as well. A YouTube clip from that performance is actually what introduced me to them. I was pretty excited to see they were added to the lineup after Ringo... only to see they were on different days. :(

The Most Curious Thing 2015.04.12 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalmia (Post 94273)
They played at Fuji Rock Festival in 2012 as well. A YouTube clip from that performance is actually what introduced me to them. I was pretty excited to see they were added to the lineup after Ringo... only to see they were on different days. :(

Huh, no kidding!

I saw her at a jazz club in Boston a few years ago, but that's not quite Fuji Rock Festival.

zordon 2015.04.13 04:01 AM

damn American sizing on Redbubble... by European standards I wear 2XL t-shirts and they fit me just fine (I'm tall and not that beefy), but the U.S. 2XL turned out to be much too big and bulky... the quality is pretty good though so I'm trying to get a size exchange

deadgrandma 2015.04.15 06:36 PM

Ha wow, have to laugh at them early reviews on Academic Expo 14... People seem surprised that it looks and sounds like shit... I could tell that from the previews and come on, 1000 yen price tag.

Face it people, you're paying for a bootleg. Don't get your expectations up too high and just enjoy it as a weird collector's curio...

Orenji 2015.04.16 02:02 PM

Where can those previews be seen?

mrnarse 2015.04.16 10:06 PM

The latest Ringohan email just came in about an hour ago, and another live performance has been announced.

Get ready for 椎名林檎 (生)林檎博’15 -垂涎三尺-, aka Ringo Expo '15 - Drooling at the Mouth!

For one night only, on Sunday, August 16th, get ready to watch Ringo perform in... Taiwan!

The Ringohan email did acknowledge that there are many fans from all over the world (Europe, North America, and Asia were mentioned), but they decided that Ringo's first international performance would be in Taiwan.

There was no mention of any other plans for international touring in the future, but this news gives me some hope of her going on tour outside of Asia at some point.

There's also a special tour package for Japanese fans to go see her Taiwain concert, the "Bon Voyage Excursion". It's limited to Ringohan members and there's only 200 2-person tour packages available. Costs 100,000 yen for the 3-day, 2-night package, flight and hotel included (unsure if that's for both people or per person).

Can't link to the tour package site, cause it's behind the Ringohan login, but here's a Facebook page for the Taiwan concert:

https://www.facebook.com/SheenaRingo.LiveinTaiwan