Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Polls (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   A (somewhat) random Kameda poll (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=1741)

The Most Curious Thing 2011.08.11 02:26 PM

Haha do you seriously like Shiseikatsu more than anything from the poll?

Tokyo Jihad 2011.08.11 06:08 PM

I do.

Karateexplosion's ranking is fairly accurate.

May I amend: Superstar (DO) > Toumei Ningen (DO) > Karateexplosion's ranking here > Toumei Ningen (awful version.)

TurtleFu 2011.08.11 06:16 PM

The problem I have with most of Kameda's songs is that they sound... neutered. They are all very calm and there's little emotion, the chord progressions are predictable. And they are so repetitive. I think DO Toumei Ningen proved the only things Kameda's songs really need are more energy and emotion and explosive-ness...
That being said, I have NO IDEA why so many people praise Superstar so highly. It seems like a pretty typical Kameda song to me.

karateexplosion 2011.08.11 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Most Curious Thing (Post 77386)
Haha do you seriously like Shiseikatsu more than anything from the poll?

Shiseikatsu is pretty much just a watered-down Superstar. But that's still enough to put it above all the train-wrecks in this poll (though actually Senkou Shoujo's not that bad, I just don't think it comes anywhere close to put you camera down).

And I just realized how much 21st-Centuryblahblahblah sounds like Toumei Ningen after putting it on to refresh my memory on how tepid it is. So tepid, I haven't even bothered to learn the name.

@jihad: Surprisingly enough, I actually can't stand the DO version of Superstar. I agree that DO's Toumei Ningen is light-years ahead of the phase two version and there're things I like about both Himitsus, but Superstar just sounds so incredibly plain to me in the DO performance, in my opinion. There's tons less emotion than any other version and the arrangement is pretty damn uneventful. It's like the epitome of Turtle's last post. I dunno.

The Most Curious Thing 2011.08.12 04:14 AM

DO's Superstar is so far above the album version, if only because the album version adds so many of the elements that make it such generic song -- the flute, the bells, and a feeling of overproduction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 77392)
Karateexplosion's ranking is fairly accurate.

As though it's something objective :P

kalmia 2014.05.20 05:26 PM

Kameda has written better songs than those in the poll. But Toumei Ningen is better than the other two and isn't exactly terrible.

deadgrandma 2014.05.20 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalmia (Post 90526)
Kameda has written better songs than those in the poll. But Toumei Ningen is better than the other two and isn't exactly terrible.

I feel Tomei Ningen's reputation far supersedes what the song actually sounds like.

kalmia 2014.05.20 09:05 PM

So, I actually re-listened to these tracks to make my judgement more accurate. If we're only talking about the album versions, then Senkou Shoujou may be technically the best. The other two almost sound like the same song. I still stand by Dynamite Out's Toumei Ningen.