Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Product Reviews & Information (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [TJ] 2012.01.18 - Color Bars (CD) [Album] (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=1906)

hoopra 2012.01.17 10:50 AM

first impression sa_i_ta is awsome, didn't like the ballad, Kai-horrordust is pretty good for not having shiina vocals, wat the uki fuck honto no tokori, i think this song is good just not use to the vocals yet though,

Positron 2012.01.17 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gekokujyo (Post 81110)
I think it's a shame that we won't be seeing them refine the hints of the awesome stuff that've heard on this disc on a full length album.

You know, the more I think about it, the more I'm annoyed that we only now get to hear stuff like this (EDIT: well okay, just the Uki and Hata tracks) from them considering they've been around for seven years. I know it's a tired comparison at this point, but this is what Variety should have been, except doubled (probably by adding the decent Variety-era songs to the mix... if you can find five) and with three more Ringo tracks or something.

LoBFCanti 2012.01.17 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gekokujyo (Post 81114)
^ I was referring more to sound and atmospherics, I felt the 2 songs were quite reminiscent of each other. Haven't looked at the lyrics for any of the songs yet.

I knew what you mean, I was poking funny at you. I apologize for esoterica of the comment. I honestly can't see how you feel that way though.

I really liked the song by the way, I wasn't gut-wretched by Izawa's singing in any way, but I did sound strange to be at first. Uki, Izawa and Shiina should all do the vocals live though, I feel like it would feel more chaotic that way.

hmmm, I kinda get what gekokujyo was saying now.

LoBFCanti 2012.01.17 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopra (Post 81123)
first impression sa_i_ta is awsome, didn't like the ballad, Kai-horrordust is pretty good for not having shiina vocals, wat the uki fuck honto no tokori, i think this song is good just not use to the vocals yet though,

huh?

TurtleFu 2012.01.17 03:06 PM

So, I have a question.
Izawa, Uki, Ringo, and Hata all sing on their respective tracks.
Does that mean Kameda sings his song? I'm interested to hear how Kameda's singing is.

LoBFCanti 2012.01.17 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleFu (Post 81128)
So, I have a question.
Izawa, Uki, Ringo, and Hata all sing on their respective tracks.
Does that mean Kameda sings his song? I'm interested to hear how Kameda's singing is.

Ringo sings Izawa and Kameda's, Izawa sing Uki's.

Glathannus 2012.01.17 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleFu (Post 81128)
I'm interested to hear how Kameda's singing is.

Watch the bonus section on Ultra C.

kuro_neko 2012.01.17 04:25 PM

if anyone wants to hear clips, you can listen to 90 sec previews on iTunes Japan.

Ringo sings on hers, Kameda's, and Ukis. Izawa sings on his own, Uki does back up vocals to Ringo on his track, and Hata does his own.

ShadyNook 2012.01.17 05:01 PM

This mini album belongs to Uki, Hata, and Ringo.

Hata's track sounds like something YUKI would do. I was pleasantly surprised.

I was left wanting to hear what a TJ take on dance-rock would sound like in a full album.

Also, I dont feel as bad as I did initially when I heard they were breaking up after hearing Color Bars. I think the songwriters will have more success and freedom in their own respective bands than they did together as Tokyo Jihen.

LoBFCanti 2012.01.17 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadyNook (Post 81132)

Hata's track sounds like something YUKI would do. I was pleasantly surprised.

This performance of Chinese girl came to mind immediately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9gyT...eature=related

I remember covering my face when she winded her hips.

Sa_i_ti is uki's?! I misread.

I don't this will be the last time she will work with anyone from the group, Kameda is a given, but I think Ukigumo and her will have that Miki and Nakako relationship.