Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ringo Anniversary Releases (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=699)

kuro_neko 2008.05.07 05:30 AM

Ringo Anniversary Releases

on July 2 ringo will release an anniversary 2-disc album entitled watashi to houden and a dvd watashi no hatsuden. the album will be her singles with coupling tracks (from the singles and albums?) representing her best and the dvd will be her entire music video discography going from her first up to her last video presented together as one, complete with a newly shot video for Mellow for the dvd. On top of that for her birthday in the fall they are doing a three day anniversary live show in saitama sometime in november, the details aren't fixed for that yet.

soooo everyone, get talking!

Orenji 2008.05.07 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuro_neko (Post 28755)
on July 2 ringo will release an anniversary 2-disc album entitled watashi to houden and a dvd watashi no hatsuden. the album will be her singles with coupling tracks (from the singles and albums?) representing her best and the dvd will be her entire music video discography going from her first up to her last video presented together as one, complete with a newly shot video for Mellow for the dvd. On top of that for her birthday in the fall they are doing a three day anniversary live show in saitama sometime in november, the details aren't fixed for that yet.

soooo everyone, get talking!

Thanks for the information! It seems like there won't be new songs at all... Well, and what does "Watashi to Houden/Watashi no Hatsuden" mean?

kuro_neko 2008.05.07 05:44 AM

houden means an electrical discharge. hatsuden means generation of power, as in electricity, so watashi to houden might be taken as The Burst and I while watashi no hatsuden could be My Generation. that sounds so awkward though...

the new video for Mellow was shot in high def and will be presented as such on the dvd. and the first press bonus will be presale lottery for the november lives.

Glathannus 2008.05.07 05:46 AM

Some of the PVs on the original Seteiki Healing volumes, haven't been in very good quality. Hopefully we'll get a remaster. We might also get crossfading between videos, in the HF manner.

Since I already have all the Seteiki Healing volumes in their neat solid-color-plastic cases, I'm not sure whether to look forward to this, or dread it. At least tack something new onto the end of the CD.

Orenji 2008.05.07 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuro_neko (Post 28757)
houden means an electrical discharge. hatsuden means generation of power, as in electricity, so watashi to houden might be taken as The Burst and I while watashi no hatsuden could be My Generation. that sounds so awkward though...

the new video for Mellow was shot in high def and will be presented as such on the dvd. and the first press bonus will be presale lottery for the november lives.

Interesting. It reminds me of the "Electric Mole" title thing *_*.

And... WHAT?! A PV for "Mellow"?!?!?!

cjhobbies00 2008.05.07 05:58 AM

so it's just a singles collection and a video collection...I'm a bit more excited about the 3 day live performance.

She'll probably still get my money, she knows I can't resist anything with her name on it

Inaudible-Whisper 2008.05.07 06:52 AM

I'll likely get the DVD soon, as my Seteiki Healing volumes are VCD's and thus awful quality.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.05.07 07:12 AM

Mellow! Fuck yeah! A pv for Mellow is clearly catering to the Jihad-demographic. I, for one, approve. This means that all 3 of my 3 fav Shiina songs evar will have pvs! (Honnou, Ichijiku, and now Mellow!)

kuro_neko 2008.05.07 07:45 AM

the two disc album is going to be mostly b-sides and coupling songs rather than singles. they didn't specify how exactly but it could either be one cd with her singles and then the other cd with her best of coupling tracks. or they might just intersperse them all together over 2 cds. either way, the email spent quite a bit of time talking about her coupling tracks and no time about the singles, it didn't even say it was a "best of" or a "singles collection" so it isn't far to assume it is either quite yet. Mellow will probably be the single to advertise the cd and dvd seeing as they shot a video, so it is fair to assume it will be on the cd as well and treated as "new" material. this seems it will get handled the same way the brilliant green's singles collection was released (they had cd and dvd dual release as well).

Orenji 2008.05.07 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuro_neko (Post 28765)
Mellow will probably be the single to advertise the cd and dvd seeing as they shot a video, so it is fair to assume it will be on the cd as well and treated as "new" material. this seems it will get handled the same way the brilliant green's singles collection was released (they had cd and dvd dual release as well).

First "Gamble", now "Mellow"... The next single will be "So Cold" LOL. I hope "Mellow" won't be the only 'new' song...