Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How Did We First Discover...? (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=11)

Koh 2007.04.05 07:31 PM

Im really sad to say that I dont even remember. I do belive it started with one of her songs that I downloaded randomly back in the good old WinMX on 56k, I liked it so I went to looking for more and more...and here I am now.

arutea 2007.04.05 10:34 PM

In my first year of uni I bought a note taker for my lectures and stored some mp3s for the 1-hr train rides between home and class. I downloaded some random anime and jpop/jrock songs from napster and came across "Gibusu" and "Tsumi to Batsu" I had listened to both a few times but didn't fall in love with them right away.

I was half asleep on the train to class when Tsumi to Batsu started playing. It was then.. when I had a moment to do nothing but listen to music that I realised it was a whole lot different from all the other jpop songs. Something in her voice made her words sound so powerful - like she really meant it - even if I couldn't understand much Japanese at that time, I knew she was singing words from her heart. Gibusu came on straight after and I realised - she's really great. When I got home I found a few more of her songs which satisfied me for a year and a half. It was about mid-last year when I finally tuned into youtube and saw some of her PVs. I thought, wow, it's really different... but it really suits her music. It's the sort of thing I like.

atm.. my fave pvs are Gibusu and Yami ni Furu Ame. I'd love to start building up a collection of DVDs etc... but it's really hard to find them here in Australia. I haven't even met anyone else who knows about her and likes her music here. It's all Ayumi Hamasaki, Mika Nakashima...

Migoto 2007.04.06 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonmoon (Post 539)
I first got into Shiina Ringo because of Dir En Grey.

Wow, now that's a weird connection... lol

moonmoon 2007.04.06 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Migoto (Post 613)
Wow, now that's a weird connection... lol

Yes....I know, lol. My favorite video might be Tsumiki Asobi, or Stem.
Kono Yo Ni Kagiri was good, too.

Mr. Go-mahn 2007.04.06 08:27 PM

The combined efforts of youtube and last.fm lead me to Tokyo Jihen. I looked them up on youtube and found them to be incredibly catchy. This lead me to check out Ringo's solo stuffs. And here I am now. w00t. I'm pretty hazy on the actual details; I think I heard of Shiina Ringo before but I don't remember where. It must not have been important.

badtzmaru 2007.04.06 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonmoon (Post 539)
I first got into Shiina Ringo because of Dir En Grey. Just about all of the members mentioned that they liked her music, so I thought, "Who is this chick, and what about her makes her so cool?" :mad: I fell head over heels in love with Muzai Moratorium....

Oh whoa, I didn't know Dir En Grey were fans of Ringo!! That's soo cool (even though I haven't listened to them!) XD

And although the Indiana Jones pic looks funny, I still don't get the joke and what it has to do with Junpei... >_<;;

golem09 2007.04.07 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badtzmaru (Post 693)
And although the Indiana Jones pic looks funny, I still don't get the joke and what it has to do with Junpei... >_<;;

Ummm, nothing^^
Junpei was the first joke, and the pic was No.2

haruhi-suzumiya 2007.04.07 05:04 AM

I first heard of her because my sister got into tokyo jihen and so did I. And I saw the main singer's name was Shiina Ringo. About a year later, I came home and my sister was watching the Mayonaka wa Junketsu PV and I we liked it so much we listened to her stuff.

haruhi-suzumiya 2007.04.07 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 364)
THANK you. I was beginning to think I was too old for everyone (yet I think I'm younger than plenty here.) :p

There has to be room in there for 'Kameda's secret pyramid'

Lena-chan 2007.04.07 08:55 AM

about the dir en grey thing...
I know 2 or 3 persons that get interessed on SR cause of DeG too
O.O