Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Favorite Movies of 2007 (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=612)

Cosmo! 2008.02.19 09:58 AM

Favorite Movies of 2007

Well, as the title implies, list your favorite mixed drinks. I'm just being a smartass. There were a lot of good movies released in 2007 (American, at least, since I won't be pretentious and pretend to have seen many foreign films, good as I'm sure they were), so list yours!

Here are mine:

3:10 to Yuma
American Gangster
Atonement
The Bourne Ultimatum
Charlie Wilson's War
Enchanted
The Great Debaters
Hairspray
Juno
The Kite Runner
Knocked Up
No Country for Old Men
Ratatouille
Superbad
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
There Will Be Blood
Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story

Sorry I'm, like, almost three months late with this post.

frecklegirl 2008.02.19 09:59 AM

SUPERBAD~~~~

Tokyo Jihad 2008.02.19 10:11 AM

Knocked Up
Superbad
Ratatouille
Juno
Order of the Phoenix
Across the Universe

EDIT
BAH I forgot Cloverfield
----HAH, i meant to forget it!

Inaudible-Whisper 2008.02.19 11:29 AM

In no particular order:

Knocked Up
No Country for Old Men
Cloverfield
The Bourne Ultimatum
Juno
There Will Be Blood
Hot Fuzz
Grindhouse
Eastern Promises
Ratatouille
Superbad
Once
La Vie En Rose
In The Shadow of the Moon
King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters
Sweeney Todd
Bridge to Terabithia
Stardust
American Gangster
Atonement

golem09 2008.02.20 01:47 AM

Cloverfield is a 2008 movie, isn't it?

I liked
- The Fountain (Was out 2007 in germany)
- Hot Fuzz
- Shoot em Up

Best movie was
- Bender's Big Score

Inaudible-Whisper 2008.02.20 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golem09 (Post 25221)
Cloverfield is a 2008 movie, isn't it?

Yes, I'm just dumb :P

golem09 2008.02.20 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper (Post 25276)
Yes, I'm just dumb :P

Blame Jihad!

Maou 2008.02.20 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frecklegirl (Post 25134)
SUPERBAD~~~~

It's the only 2007 movie I can remember so I'll go with that.

old.boy 2008.03.07 09:25 AM

Wow, for a second there, I was gonna have a cow if no one mentioned Hot Fuzz. Words cannot describe how much I enjoyed that movie, rofl.

It does help that I'm a big Simon Pegg fan, but I thought this movie was even better than Shaun of the Dead (I love Z movies more than anything, so it's a real treat when one is actually FUNNY.)

But yeah, Superbad was good, too. It brought me back to my HS days. Hell, my dad even got a kick out of it.

(btw I don't know your policy on necro-ing here, so please let me know if I'm pissing anyone off.)

Cosmo! 2008.03.07 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old.boy (Post 25973)
btw I don't know your policy on necro-ing here, so please let me know if I'm pissing anyone off.

Don't worry about it! I mean, yeah, if it was 2011 and you decided to randomly pull a 2007 thread out of its grave that would be a little weird, but you're fine.

Anyway, welcome! Where do you live in NYC?

old.boy 2008.03.07 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmo! (Post 25981)
Anyway, welcome! Where do you live in NYC?

Haha, I live in the East Village. With all the bohemian crowd and bands and artists and stuff.

How appropriate. :D

frecklegirl 2008.03.07 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old.boy (Post 25973)
(btw I don't know your policy on necro-ing here, so please let me know if I'm pissing anyone off.)

Hey, Cosmo, let the mods/admins dictate the policies here. As I've said before, I approve necro-ing, and even wouldn't have a problem with the 2007/2011 thing, if it was the appropriate thread to be posting in. Creating multiple threads for the same topic just because the existing thread is a little old has always seemed ridiculous to me. Necro away :)

old.boy 2008.03.07 12:45 PM

^Well then that sounds good, too!

Glad to know I won't be getting any extra hate around here.

Cosmo! 2008.03.07 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frecklegirl (Post 25983)
Hey, Cosmo, let the mods/admins dictate the policies here.

I only told him he's fine because I know your stance on it. Sorry if I breached Internet forum etiquette or something.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.03.07 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frecklegirl (Post 25983)
Hey, Cosmo, let the mods/admins dictate the policies here.

Seems like an over-reaction...:huh:

golem09 2008.03.07 02:55 PM

@oldboy

If you look at the first post, you can see that the thread is only 2 weeks old, so this wasn't even necroing :P

frecklegirl 2008.03.08 10:36 AM

I was being half playful in my response. thanks for the concern though

HEDOfloe 2008.03.14 08:33 PM

Superbad was my favorite. It was hilarious :D

Inaudible-Whisper 2008.03.15 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe (Post 26202)
It was hilarious :D

I agree. But Knocked Up was better.

And although I've only just seen it, it's a 2007 movie so I'll add 'Lars and the Real Girl' to my favourites. Perfectly performed, wonderfully warm with surprising emotional depth. It is never mocking, which surprised me in a movie about a guys non-sexual relationship with a sex doll and the small towns kindness toward him and 'Bianca'.

HEDOfloe 2008.03.15 08:41 AM

I don't know, I liked that in Superbad you seemed to be with them the whole day, almost like you were a part of their spectacle. I thought that was pretty interesting. I don't know if I would have gotten the same feeling if I saw it at home instead of the theater, though.

Cosmo! 2008.03.15 09:43 AM

I like Superbad because it reminds me of high school and my never-ending quest to get drunk and laid, but I prefer Knocked Up not because it's necessarily funnier, but because I just love the characters and especially the dialogue. These people and conversations remind me of people and conversations in my own life, which puts me in a happy rainbow Teletubbies Barney place.

I can imagine my oldest sister telling my youngest sister something like "You've got the good skin and the good hair and the good boobs and I fucking hate you" or "He's got bad genes and manboobs; he's 23 and looks 33; you really made a mistake" or my boss telling someone to "Go home, write down how much you weigh, subtract 20 and then try to weigh that much, maybe by next Tuesday."

That and Leslie Mann is the fucking man.

Inaudible-Whisper 2008.03.15 10:21 AM

I preferred Knocked Up because the writing was better, the characters were better, I laughed more and it had a better cast. Though that makes it sound like I hate Superbad, I really don't. I just prefer Knocked Up. Superbad gave me a lot of chuckles but it was never laugh out loud, tears in my eyes funny whereas there were several scenes in Knocked Up that were for me. Superbad's humour and setting was a bit one dimensional, and I'm totally fine with that; I have no problem with high school comedies, I just felt that Knocked Up offered more. Especially cos I'm a fan of Apatows TV shows 'Freaks and Geeks' and 'Undeclared' (Check them out) and it's nice to see his regulars pop up.

Anyway, if you liked em both and the general Apatow/Rogen crew then check out the trailer for Pineapple Express.

HEDOfloe 2008.03.15 10:31 AM

Honestly, I don't remember much about either of the two, but those lines COSMO wrote were some of my favorite parts too. I just remember enjoying the experience of Superbad more. But, yea, really great movies both of them.

Cosmo! 2008.03.15 10:35 AM

Superbad was a great theater experience. That movie had the entire audience in either stitches or shock the whole way through. The penis segment sticks out (up?) the most to me right now.

Gotta be honest, here. Pineapple Express doesn't really appeal to me. Maybe it's a grower, not a shower? I'll probably end up seeing it.

HEDOfloe 2008.03.15 10:36 AM

The part that always sticks out for me from Superbad is when the girl says "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" and then the guy's response is just gold :D.

AnnieBerries 2011.11.11 02:37 AM

Grind house
Once