Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (Music) (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Number Girl (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=653)

kamikaze 2008.03.26 07:10 PM

yeah as much as I pretty much love everyone in Number Girl; Inazawa is the guy I think is the most outstanding, that guy is Godzilla.

02340234 2009.01.25 12:22 PM

Geesh, this thread needs some more love. I guess it's hard to keep up conversation when the band doesn't exist anymore, but okay.

You know, I didn't realize Tabuchi was married to Yoshimura Hideki until today. Apparently they have a kid too. Where was I when all of this happened?

SoulExperience 2011.08.27 09:03 PM

I'm going to bump this because Mukai is my hero. Tabuchi, too.

Tai-Jin 2011.11.11 04:09 AM

Soo any favorite albums or songs for you guys?

For favorite album im going to have to go with Shibuya ROCkTRANSFORMED Joutai....As for studio albums probably Sappukei. Favorite song is Omoide in my head!

Damn I love these guys! Inazawa & Tabuchi <3

Tokyo Jihad 2011.11.11 02:30 PM

Sappukei. It has the flourish and attention of Num Heavymetallic with the explosion and life of the earlier work.

Fav song is probably U-rei.

SoulExperience 2011.12.07 02:40 PM

Sappukei is my least favorite. SCHOOL GIRL DISTORTIONAL ADDICT is probably my favorite.

LoBFCanti 2012.01.11 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 79497)
Sappukei. It has the flourish and attention of Num Heavymetallic with the explosion and life of the earlier work.

Fav song is probably U-rei.

<3
Come lay with me.

Zegen vs. Undercover and the title track are my faves.

I honestly think that if you play Manga Sick or Samurai for anyone- instant Number Girl fan.

Though I will never really forgive Nakao, Sloth Love Chunks wouldn't have been had he not left. I'd have never found Spiral Chord without him either, which he also kinda broke up.

Vola got really weird for me after Sakana Electric i think it was called. Inazawa was my savior, I think the only band he still drums for is the Beyonds.

Hisako hooking up with Miki, Nakumura and agraph was the highlight of 2011 for me.

Sad song for Ugly Daughter was a great album from Mukai, I can't wait for the Zazen boys stuff he talked about for 2012. It seems like KIMONOS is going to be an on going act too, that was a fun album for me

FadedSun 2012.01.17 07:43 PM

I absolutely love this band and Zazen Boys. Num-Heavymetallic is a fantastic album, but I do have a soft spot for Sappukei. Zegen vs. Undercover has so much energy to it. Definitely one of my favorite tracks on the album.

I'm sure everyone knows about the Zazen Boys song Shiina sings on from Zazen Boys II.

LoBFCanti 2012.01.17 08:54 PM

She co-produced that album if I recall correctly. She sang on 3 songs and did Kimochi lives with Mukai around the time. Inazawa had already left the band by then, unfortunately. Atsushi is a bitchin' drummer no doubt, but it wasn't until rearrangement of Kimochi that I could sit easy with Inazawa's drums never being present on that song again.

I'd have liked a Shiina cover of Zazenbeats Kemonostyle.

Zazenbeats Kemonostyle

but seeing as she doesn't really have a band anymore...

SoulExperience 2012.02.08 10:48 PM

But that doesn't leave out of the possibility
I wouldn't want to hear a Tokyo Jihen rendition of Zazenbeats.