Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (Music) (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   The YUKI and JAM Thread (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=996)

kuro_neko 2009.01.03 06:26 PM

The YUKI and JAM Thread

a thread for YUKI and JAM is suspiciously absent so here we go:

YUKI just announced a new single set for 3/4 titled Rendezvous and then a dvd from her recent tour New Rhythm Generation shot at the Budokan shows this past May, including an entire tour backstage and rehearsal documentary with rare footage of her one-time only performances of rare songs at Akasaka Blitz special stand-alone show after the tour and all the original screen projections from the tour!

I'm especially excited because I was at the Budokan show on the 29th, they haven't said which show it will be yet, but that the show will be unedited and uncut. The only difference in setlist is that on my day she did Aozora and on the other day she did Biscuit in its place.

Also, she released a digital only Christmas song only available during the holidays entitled Message. Its upbeat and catchy, pretty nice song.

zarya 2009.02.06 03:43 AM

A JAM tribute album is in the works and the setlist / collaborating artists list is epic!!

いきものがかり - クラシック
大塚 愛 - LOVER SOUL
奥田民生 - 散歩道
木村カエラ - Happy
シギ - KYOTO
SCANDAL - DAYDREAM
school food punishment - Brand New Wave Upper Ground
スネオヘアー - 小さな頃から
中川翔子 - そばかす
PUFFY - motto
HALCALI - ラッキープール
半沢武志(FreeTEMPO) - RADIO
真心ブラザーズ - ドキドキ
ミドリ - ミュージックファイター
mihimaru GT - Over Drive

shigi! school food punishment! HALCALI! Ikimonogakari! Kimura Kaela! Okuda Tamio! Otsuka Ai! Mihimaru GT! Puffy!

NCORE 2009.02.06 04:02 AM

I might want to check that out zarya, thanks!
Good list indeed

Inaudible-Whisper 2009.02.06 04:56 AM

JAM were the third Japanese band I got into after Shiina and GO!GO! and I've still only heard their greatest hits but I love it. Is there a particular album I should check out? I can't be bothered to go through their entire discography which is why I've settled for the greatest hits thus far.

Orenji 2009.02.06 06:00 AM

PUFFY - motto?!?!?! OMG, that should be great : D!

BTW, YUKI is pregnant! She announced so yesterday!

EmilScherbe 2009.02.06 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper (Post 45583)
JAM were the third Japanese band I got into after Shiina and GO!GO! and I've still only heard their greatest hits but I love it. Is there a particular album I should check out? I can't be bothered to go through their entire discography which is why I've settled for the greatest hits thus far.

The Power Source
JAM's SS, most sold (over 2 million) including power singles (Sobakasu, Kujira 12 Gou).

Pop Life is their MM, 2nd most sold (over 1 million).

They don't have KSK equivalent but Warp is close.

Inaudible-Whisper 2009.02.07 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilScherbe (Post 45618)
The Power Source
JAM's SS, most sold (over 2 million) including power singles (Sobakasu, Kujira 12 Gou).

Pop Life is their MM, 2nd most sold (over 1 million).

They don't have KSK equivalent but Warp is close.

Thanks, I'll probably get em all and listen to them at some point. Hopefully.

kuro_neko 2009.02.07 12:49 PM

where did this news come from? do we have a source yet? that sounds really awesome, Shigi on Kyoto could be really cool.

edit: haha I'm an idiot nevermind. this is pretty cool though. since shigi and midori are both on it I have to get my hands on this.

02340234 2009.02.07 05:37 PM

YUKI's pregnant again? That's such wonderful news. I can still remember how upsetting it was when she lost her first child. That was really shocking.

I hate to spread rumors or even mention ridiculous ones, but I remember hearing that YUKI dated every member of JAM back in the day. Can anyone confirm this?

Orenji 2009.02.08 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02340234 (Post 45666)
I hate to spread rumors or even mention ridiculous ones, but I remember hearing that YUKI dated every member of JAM back in the day. Can anyone confirm this?

Hahaha, I don't know... I just know that she's been with her husband for eight years.