Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Product Reviews & Information (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [TJ] 2005.08.17 - Dynamite Out (DVD) [Concert Video] (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=61)

frecklegirl 2007.04.02 12:06 PM

[TJ] 2005.08.17 - Dynamite Out (DVD) [Concert Video]

Dynamite Out

01. 林檎の唄 (Ringo no Uta)
02. 入水願い (Jusui Negai)
03. 遭難 (Sounan)
04. ダイナマイト (Dynamite) [by Tom Glazer, Mort Garson. As performed by Brenda Lee]
05. ここでキスして。 (Koko de Kiss Shite.)
06. 顔 (Kao)
07. if you can touch it
08. 母国情緒 (Bokoku Jousho)
09. 車屋さん (Kurumaya-san)
10. 月に負け犬 (Tsuki ni Makeinu)
11. 同じ夜 (Onaji Yoru)
12. 現実に於て (Genjitsu ni Oite)
13. 現実を嗤う (Genjitsu o Warau)
14. 恋の売り込み (Koi no Urikomi) [I'm Gonna Knock On Your Door by Aaron Schroeder, Sid Wayne. As performed by Eddie Hodges]
15. スーパースター (Superstar)
16. 透明人間 (Toumei Ningen)
17. 駅前 (Ekimae)
18. Σ~クロール (Sigma~Crawl)
19. 丸の内サディスティック (Marunouchi Sadistic)
20. その淑女ふしだらにつき (Sono Onna Fushidara ni Tsuki) [the lady is a tramp by Lorenz Hart, Richard Rodgers. As performed by Ella Fitzgerald]
21. 御祭騒ぎ (Omatsurisawagi)
22. サービス (Service)
23. 群青日和 (Gunjou Biyori)
24. 心 (Kokoro)
25. 夢のあと (Yume no Ato)
Total Playtime: 1:53:37
Performances Only: 1:41:00

Second-Press Availability: Amazon.co.jp, CD Japan, HMV Japan, YesAsia

Tokyo Jihad 2007.04.06 04:21 PM

Now then. At the old forums me, my crew, and even others, really went to great lengths to praise this dvd. I personally think thisis the single best release Shiina has ever put out. Be it other dvds, albums, heck -- pictures or interviews whatever else she's done --this right now is the reference of greatness.

Although I do think Electric Mole had the better setlist (Tsumi to Batsu, Mayonaka, Meisai, Okonomide, Gips ftw) this was by far and away the better show.

This exemplifies what I'm about so very well. Dynamite Out has Shiina and the band out there saying "You're out there, you came to watch a show. We're not doing theatrics, this isnt a movie. We're going to do what we do best --play music. In fact, we're so good in spite of how bare bones it is theatrically -- you STILL might not be able to handle it."

(and then JCHI came and took back every single thing that made Dynamite so great. But that's another thread ;) )

The show has every Kyoiku-era song and with very few exceptions, is where the songs are done "right." Nyuusui Negai" has completely different legs, its phenomenal. Sounan is better than ever. Crawl doesn't seem so .."meh." Ekimae shines. Gunjo i think is the single best live song performance ever done by Shiina. About the only Kyoiku song I didn't think was as good as studio release was "Kokoro."

Also of course, this has the best performance of "If You Can Touch it" cuz its unlikely Shiina will ever sing back-up on this again. And really, I think it was a welcome change to have Hirama sing, even one song. I was ready to have a couple more Hirama songs in the next album...buut that never happened. Knock on your Door, Ring on Your Bell was great. Not only did we get the definitive version of Kyoiku songs, but also the definitive version of TWO Adult songs: Superstar (of course, my fav Adult song) and Toumei Ningen (which at the time, I was certain was going to be a single. Someone dropped the ball there when they redid it =( .) Also Kurumaya-san wasthe bizness here too.

For all the times Shiina insists on playing Marunoichi, here, I once again thik it's best. We also got Tsuki ni and Koko de, pretty neat.

All in all, if there was a person, who could only partake in a SINGLE Shiina release. Be it, dvd/cd/whatever I would strongly suggest that Dynamite Out be it. Even still, when I pop this in, I am rocking out so hard that afterwards my neck is sore. I think it's the purest thing Shiina's ever done. It sounds the best. No histrionics, no backstage bullshit, no pimping your other releases, no wasting time, just the live music. What you saw in the seat was what you got at home and vice versa. That's rock and roll, people.

badtzmaru 2007.04.11 08:37 PM

Sorry, I don't mean to ignore TJ's nice review... >_<

But, I was wondering what the "UNDERGROUND LOVE" comic in this DVD's jacket was about. Has anyone scanlated it yet? I've never seen a translation or anything on it before... o_o;;

Kasanagi 2007.04.18 03:41 PM

Well said TJ, I didn't enjoy listening to Kyoiku until I saw this DVD.
Man I agree with pretty much everything you said about the songs, except may be Superstar, it felt under-cooked on Dynamite, especially when I was expecting more from Hirama instead of that generic powerchord guitaring, it was still good though.
Ekimae was amazing, I like how the one guitar riff at the outro makes it so much more intenese and moody. And lets not forget the cute little dance that SR did during the Dynamite and the member introduction. Have any one coined a name for it yet? the Dynamite Shuffle?

Yea whats with the comic? All I know is that it was about a kid name hiroshi who got lost underground, and trying to find his way to his mother with the help of a mole name mogura.When they did find his mother, the mole invited them back to his place (with Hiroshi all rolled up...) and they made out (Mogura wa osuki desu ka lol)... after having hiroshi taped to the hole on the roof (naisu aidea :D katakana english rawks).... Can some one scanlated it please? I have no idea what the middle part of the comic was about...

badtzmaru 2007.04.18 05:41 PM

Oh, thanks! What a weird story so far... @_@

Hehe, the 'dynamite shuffle' sounds cute!! :D It reminds me of the dances from the 1920s that flappers did.

frecklegirl 2007.04.19 03:04 PM

If the comic gets scanned I can try and have a look at it, I'm bad with paper text though (poor kanji reading skills XD Online it's much easier). So, scans anyone?

Kasanagi 2007.04.19 03:15 PM

I've got it scanned when I was planning to steal some panel to build a SR webpage :P, but is there somewhere I can upload it? I can understand most Kanji but the hiragana grammar eats me for breakfast -_-;

frecklegirl 2007.04.21 07:28 AM

Sendspace.com or Megaupload.com?

Wow, with our powers combined, we could have this whole thing done... XD

Kasanagi 2007.04.22 04:30 AM

Here's some pure, unadulterated underground lovin' for y'all:wub:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/tt4zvk

frecklegirl 2007.04.23 08:37 AM

Ooh, awesome, but if it's just one image, Photobucket is maybe a better choice for uploading that then Sendspace or Megaupload. XD For future reference!

Oh, you know, most of this is really easy. There's some kanji I can't read but not a whole lot. This is gonna be fun...

Kasanagi 2007.04.23 03:19 PM

Frecklegirl: Cool. I uploaded the uncompressed image in case you actually wanna scanlate it and wasn't sure if photobucket have a size limit. Any have fun translating :)

Why does Hiroshi reminds me of Kameda?

badtzmaru 2007.04.28 06:40 PM

Because he wears glasses and is awkward looking? o_o;;

Thanks so much, Kasanagi and Frecklegirl!!!! :D If you need an editor, holler! XD;;

I hope we can finally find out what the point of this comic is and why it's this DVD's theme. o_o

Lena-chan 2007.05.22 03:53 AM

on past weekend I re-watched Dynamite out and it was amazing
to me it's the climax of TJ
I mean, since the begin, after meet the world beat 2004 and all those interviews, it was clear that they were a dream-team like
and I was so excited watching dynamite out... it was like the last episodes of an anime
more than ever, TJ phase2 to me is like a second season that isn't so exciting as 1st season T_T
I hope that SR revive this good thing that I like in her music on 3rd TJ album

zach 2007.06.05 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 660)
Now then.

<etc>

That's rock and roll, people.

^ What he said. ^

(with exception of it being the best release. It's gotta be after KSK, on ethical grounds)

fluffiethesock 2007.06.11 10:01 AM

After watching Dynamite Out some more, I've come to the conclusion that the main reason I wasn't so fond of Tokyo Jihen Phase One was (seriously) the big green poofy flower thing Shiina Ringo had nested on her head. That monster has always annoyed me, and every time I see her with it I want to stop listening to her music.

Tokyo Jihad 2007.06.11 10:50 AM

Then stop giving a crap about Shiina and focus on the whole band?

zach 2007.06.11 11:01 AM

The "monster" gained her additional respect points in my book. :)

Maou 2007.06.11 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock (Post 8768)
After watching Dynamite Out some more, I've come to the conclusion that the main reason I wasn't so fond of Tokyo Jihen Phase One was (seriously) the big green poofy flower thing Shiina Ringo had nested on her head. That monster has always annoyed me, and every time I see her with it I want to stop listening to her music.

I confirm and understand that the only reason you listen to and enjoy Ringohime's music is because she is hawt (at times).

badtzmaru 2007.06.11 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zach (Post 8776)

Ditto. :) I still wonder how she kept it on her head so well.

fluffiethesock 2007.06.11 03:03 PM

badtzmaru 2007.06.11 06:04 PM

:waa:

That is soososo disgusting!! O_O And so, intriguing! Where is its head (if it's based off a real insect?)

justriiingo 2007.06.12 05:32 AM

Nagoohhya come on!

HEDOfloe 2007.06.12 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zach (Post 8776)

Me too, I love that headress and when she wears headresses in general :D

fluffiethesock 2007.06.12 10:44 AM

I'd much rather have her do her hair in any of the various ways she had it in Just Can't Help It, starting with Jusui Negai.

Long + straight + down = teh bestz0rz

Tokyo Jihad 2007.06.12 11:49 AM

i'd rather them play music instead of have a fashion show >_>

haruhi-suzumiya 2007.06.12 11:55 AM

Is that from silent hill? I love that series

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock (Post 8826)

Nimh 2007.06.12 01:01 PM

^^^ It's a headcrab from Half Life, one of the few video games I've actually played!

It's sort of a mouth on legs that engulfs your head and turns you into a hulking zombie. Cleverly ripping off both Alien and Night of the Living Dead.

justriiingo 2007.06.12 05:43 PM

If they just want to play music then they shouldn't be in the music industry in the first place.

zach 2007.06.12 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justriiingo (Post 8971)
If they just want to play music then they shouldn't be in the music industry in the first place.

Or they should become exclusively jazz musicians.

bam 2007.06.13 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haruhi-suzumiya (Post 8930)
Is that from silent hill? I love that series

...:blink:

Lena-chan 2007.06.13 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bam (Post 9113)
...:blink:

where is the 10 characters limit???
>____________<

badtzmaru 2007.06.13 11:28 AM

I think smiley faces count as the the text code, like : blink : :blink:

Tokyo Jihad 2007.06.13 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zach (Post 9048)
Or they should become exclusively jazz musicians.

Yeah, the they wouldn't have to worry about much of a fan base =P

redstuff 2007.08.01 04:19 PM

I already loved the few Youtube clips of this I saw, but when I finally sat down and watched the DVD in its entirity a few days ago I was blown away. It's by far the BEST live performance she's done (granted, I've only seeen Gekokujo and Just Can't Help it besides this, but I can't imagine anything else being better anyway). Shit, it just might be behind SS for me when talking about her stuff in general.

It's especially good in that it actually makes Kyoiku's songs sound really awesome, like people have said. I never liked Kyoiku that much - the very first time I listened to it, in fact, I thought it was utter torture because of the poor production/recording. And while I don't hate it now or anything, it's still pretty near the bottom of the list for me when it comes to SR related stuff. But here, the Kyoiku material - along with everything else - is just wow. Songs like Bokoku Joushou which sound really annoying on the album are given incredible performances. Even classic Shiina stuff that you've heard a million times before is given new life here - not because of any brilliant rearrangements or anything, but because they just rock so hard. I like the Marunouchi performance in particular; it's fun to watch since the band is obviously enjoying themselves so much. In fact, it's like that for most of the DVD. You can tell the members are really into it, and it beats the shit out of anything from JCHI, which seems so lifeless in comparison.

I assume songs like Kurumayasan and Koi no Urikomi are covers from the B-sides as I haven't heard them before (don't own any of the Kyoiku singles). But again - awesome. Shiina should totally have more songs with the pianica. :P

Tokyo Jihad 2007.08.01 04:31 PM

Kurumaya-san and Knock on Your Door (which is what I'm assuming the other song you listed is) are covers, but not b-sides. Kurumaya-san was studio recorded and was made into a PV exclusive to the video compilation dvd (Tokyo Incidents vol 1? I think thats what its called.) Knock on your Door was live-only (ala C'mon lets go in JCHI)

Kasanagi 2007.08.03 05:43 PM

kurumaya-san has a PV?!! GET!

EmilScherbe 2007.08.04 10:31 PM

Misora Hibari in 1978

frecklegirl 2007.08.05 02:10 PM

See! That's the "Kurumaya-san" (the rickshaw dude). ahahah, this is so cute XD

HEDOfloe 2007.08.05 07:57 PM

Does anyone know if the encore in this concert was scripted of if they actually came out like bad-asses because the fans wanted more?

Lena-chan 2007.08.06 09:35 AM

I think any encore in a big concert is scripted, it doesn't ?!

HEDOfloe 2007.08.08 02:39 PM

I will just think otherwise until someone knows for sure ^__^

Op2 2007.08.08 06:08 PM

Virtually every concert in Japan has an encore. It's traditional; it's at the point where it's expected.

I cannot think of a concert I have seen that didn't have an encore.

HEDOfloe 2007.08.08 07:04 PM

I've seen several Gackt concerts and he has never done and encore, but I guess its because his always end with something like him disappearing off the stage or flying off of it.

Tokyo Jihad 2007.08.08 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Op2 (Post 14329)
Virtually every concert in Japan has an encore.

"Only in Japan!" -- The japanese Don King

zach 2007.08.08 09:00 PM

I think the crowd requesting an encore through continued applause is becoming the polite thing to do everywhere except really informal venues. Kind of like how in classical recitals/concerts everyone knows to keep clapping after the performers leave the stage, until they come back and bow etc. again. Then, when the performers leave for the second time, the audience finally stops clapping. It's built into the performance liturgy.

So you should rather assume it was scripted. And considering the artist, it's almost a given they would have planned it out.

frecklegirl 2007.08.08 09:07 PM

Haha, yeah, at the S.K.I.N. concert Gackt didn't do an encore, but that's cause he and the other bandmembers destroyed all the instruments and it was impossible >_>

Usually, yeah, Japan concerts = encore required. I remember my sophomore year when our Japanese TA (who is actually Korean but raised in Japan) went to the symphony with us, and there wasn't an encore, and she was SHOCKED. "NO encore?!" She was sort of sitting, waiting for the orchestra to come back, while they were obviously clearing the stage, haha.

To get back on topic, yeah, that encore was scripted.

HEDOfloe 2007.08.08 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frecklegirl (Post 14342)
Haha, yeah, at the S.K.I.N. concert Gackt didn't do an encore, but that's cause he and the other bandmembers destroyed all the instruments and it was impossible >_>

TELL ME MORE @_@. How was that concert?

freackled 2007.08.10 03:14 PM

Does anybody have a translation of what she says to the audience in between Ringo no Uta and Jusui Negai?

EmilScherbe 2007.08.10 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freackled (Post 14421)
Does anybody have a translation of what she says to the audience in between Ringo no Uta and Jusui Negai?

I caught that line as follows
東海道、臨み臨んで、手前ども、ただいま帰って参ったよ
Toukaidou nozomi nozonde temaedomo tadaima kaette maittayo

And my interpretation is
"Looking and facing on Tokaido, we come(return) here now."

Tokaido was a route of Edo era, connecting Edo and Kyoto.
Nagoya centuly hall, the venue this recorded concert was done
is historically placed at 41th(of 53) station Miya Juku (current Atsuta ward, Nagoya).

Or the word Tokaido is commonly used for the route Tokyo to Nagoya,
Kyoto, Osaka. So she could just meant, their concert tour traveled
these place, nothing to do with historical context.

inaux 2007.11.12 11:18 PM

Sorry if this has been asked!
I was wondering if anyone has the region-2 version of the DVD. I've seen people commenting on cdjapan and other sites that they had received the all-region DVD. Is it a first press deal or are all of them all-region?

Maou 2007.11.13 07:33 AM

They should all be all-region. I believe the only region 2 DVD is the Gekokujyo one.

inaux 2007.11.13 09:19 AM

Good to know :) thanks.

evilBOXevil 2007.11.28 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maou (Post 20404)
They should all be all-region. I believe the only region 2 DVD is the Gekokujyo one.

Although 'dynamite in' might as well be region2... If you don't understand Japanese, you're not likely to enjoy it too much.

Lena-chan 2007.11.29 07:14 AM

I enjoy Dynamite in more than JCHI
and I don't understand japanese

hoopra 2009.04.07 09:51 PM

im in love with this concert, few things in this world felt better than the music and the performance in Dynamite Out. seems like shiina and the band struck every note percfectly, and the energy and emotion is through ceiling of the sky, i can not describe the high this takes me, i thank god how lucky i am to discover this, it was only three months ago, this concert was my introduction to Shiina and Tokyo Jihen, as a music head, i live for this, i remember the first couple weeks i felt so anxious to to leave work so i can come home to hear and see this dvd, like waiting to come home to a new girl friend who is making me dinner for the first time, i will never forget that feeling, i rather not do anything else. people try to invite me out and i would decline.. seriously
I been on a Shiina ringo binge for the past three months, i read almost every thread here, i read her wiki, seen most of the youtube vids, zazen, electric mole, jchi, the behind the scenes stuff, i can't get enough
but nothing can compare to Dynamite Out, i love her voice the best here, the guitar playing the best here, the performance, the crowd (apprecaition to the girl in the pink shirt at the front row next to the aisle for rocking the fuck out) the pianica, the piano, the flower hzm brought out of no where during sounan performance, shiina and hirama guitar ending to sounan, the extradinary build up in Ekimae (greatest build up i have ever heard) the baby voice in Koko de Kiss Shite, the fist slam on the piano during service, Shiina's eyes trying to pop out during the Tsuki Performance, the first time i heard the rolling R's, how shes stopped her "no" short in Bokoku Jojo and then smile to the crowd, the rolling snares in Bokoku Jojo, the Mora Sadistic slide she does, 35:24 - 36:12 feels like im melting away to heaven - the music during kuramaya san, the face she made at the end of her vocal runs at the end Yume like she just revenged the death of a love one with a sword to the killer's heart in an old chinese kung fu drama, HZM zoning playing with his eyes closed out during Tsuki during the last chorus part of Tsuki, the whole band making faces during Koko Kiss like they wanted to feel like the lyrics Shiina is singing are the words she is singing to them (well i feel that way at least)
HZM playing piano while standing the the stool looking like he is about to bust his ass lol...... the vocal runs at the end of superstar... lord have mercy.... all of Hirama's guitar solo were powerfull as fuck..... especially
the second song, Jusai, the only complaint i have is hirama's singing,
but i always skip it, i like how this concert has all types of style, they rocked the fuck out during sigma/crawl,
and she looks so beautifull here, i wanna kiss her on her neck
the silver eye shadow, the silver earings, the long black boots
she did not look as good anywhere else, she looks a little bit like was her name from crouching tiger, house of flying daggers,
i have much to say but im tired and heading to bed

Lena-chan 2009.04.08 04:18 AM

welcome
I like you
/o/

fluffiethesock 2009.04.08 06:04 PM

Wow, that was intense. But I definitely enjoyed reading it. Glad you love Dynamite Out, hoops :)
It is a really good concert, to say the least.

hoopra 2009.04.08 07:19 PM

i like reading this board

Ringo~Bingo 2009.04.09 02:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
'tis nice to see new appreciation for the good stuff! I enjoyed reading that Hoops :) kinda prompted me to watch it myself again and gave me a new found love for 'Bokoku Joushou' which I criminally used to skip :o so enjoyable it really is. :hmph:

wooooo \0/
Attachment 3139

fluffiethesock 2009.04.09 07:40 AM

If You Can Touch It is probably my favorite from DO. Everything about it is perfect, including Hirama's voice which actually works for this one. Ringo's voice is my least favorite thing about most of the concert, so having someone else singing is nice every so often.

Orenji 2009.04.09 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock (Post 49258)
Ringo's voice is my least favorite thing about most of the concert, so having someone else singing is nice every so often.

Thanks God, I thought I was the only one thinking her voice kinda sucks in this concert x_x.

fluffiethesock 2009.04.09 08:23 AM

It really is way too squealy and whiny for much of the concert.

However, she puts so much more emotion into the songs than usual, so I can't just pass the concert off as having bad vocals through-and-through. It's hard to complain about her voice being bad when her performance is so satisfying.

ChickShhh 2009.04.09 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickShhh (Post 49262)
Thanks God, I thought I was the only one thinking her voice kinda sucks in I'm gonna knock on your door, others were just perfectly fine.

Orenji 2009.04.09 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickShhh (Post 49267)

ROFL

Tokyo Jihad 2009.04.09 01:51 PM

You guys are nuts. This is the last concert she sang well. See EM, same vocal stylings on similar songs

Orenji 2009.04.09 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 49276)
You guys are nuts. This is the last concert she sang well. See EM, same vocal stylings on similar songs

I don't want to start an argument here, but I must say that her voice was much more jazzy in EM, and so high-pitched in DO. I'm not saying she sang bad in DO, tho.

fluffiethesock 2009.04.09 03:02 PM

Her voice is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much nicer (less piercing) in JCHI. I don't care if you like the songs less or more or the same. :O

Tokyo Jihad 2009.04.09 03:28 PM

She is totally screechy and whiny in JCHI/S+T/SOTC2/whatever that other pre-Expo show was. And when I recalled EM, I noted "similar songs" not like "Minato Machi".

Fluffie I understand, but I think Orenji has been too conditioned to nu-Shiina. =p

so_cold 2009.04.09 03:32 PM

(Don't want to interrupt discussion...)

Just wanted to post thanks where it's due to Hoopra and Ringo~Bingo... :) You made me watch DO Bokoku Joshou on YouTube and I'm now finally "into" the song as well. Up until now it also was the only Shiina Ringo-credited tune I didn't like (I really didn't like the fairground-style keys on Kyoiku). But it's kind of an interesting continental style and the band give it a perfect performance - Hata and HZM are great and I loved Shiina's clapping and bow at the end. (I'm new and have to catch up on DVDs.)

And yes her singing does sound a little rough at the end of that song but I don't care :)!

ShinjiPG 2009.04.09 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 49276)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 49283)
She is totally screechy and whiny in JCHI/S+T/SOTC2/whatever that other pre-Expo show was.

Just wanted to add that her voice's cool in Ringo Expo. 2 hours show and still a perfect rendition in the last song is cool.
Other than that, what Jihad said.

fluffiethesock 2009.04.09 08:02 PM

Ugh, DO NOT UNDERSTAND OTHERS' TASTES

Scribble R 2009.04.10 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock (Post 49280)
Her voice is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much nicer (less piercing) in JCHI. I don't care if you like the songs less or more or the same. :O

You think her voice is nice in MaruSad? Shoujo Robot? Blackout? I was slightly embarassed for Shiina in the JCHI performances.

I actually like her voice in Tsukigime-hime Spa and Treatment, and Souretsu Domestic Virgin Line.

Ringo Expo has some of her best vocal performances. Arrangement aside, Tsumi to Batsu is the best she's sung it ever.

And sorry, Dynamite Out vocals > Electric Mole vocals.

ChickShhh 2009.04.10 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock (Post 49280)

OMG
OMG
OMG

I heard a man singing in JCHI

fluffiethesock 2009.04.10 07:24 AM

Better than a shrill baby

hoopra 2009.04.11 06:56 PM

i like the screeching and the piercing voice sound, she controls it so well, takes nothing away from the musicality, it feels more accentuated, hits me harder, she got the best transitions in her voice, and i love how she sang the part "and me down here" on the knock on your door song, i know why people would hate it tho, but i get what she's doing

Maou 2009.04.11 07:02 PM

Some people just put too much emphasis on Ringo's vocals. She's only a small part of the music and I personally don't even see her as the main draw in Electric Mole or Dynamite Out. Hirama, HZM, and Hata steal both shows.

Osiris12345 2009.05.20 12:10 AM

I think Ringo's vocals topped their instrumental performances in Dynamite Out. It's the most powerful she's ever been. She just sings the hell out of every song on the setlist. Even if you could argue that the boys stole the show in Electric Mole, she made sure to grab them by the balls, hold them at gunpoint, and take it back for Dynamite Out.

ecogazoo 2009.06.05 12:13 PM

I received this DVD yesterday. I've been getting by with an .avi that's floating around, and it is good, but the upgrade to DVD is huge! Well worth the money.

While going through this thread, I am unable to find a translation for the comic "Underground Love". Did I miss it?

frecklegirl 2009.06.06 11:41 AM

Hmm... I started one a long time ago. But I didn't know all the kanji in the comic and there wasn't furigana, so I couldn't finish it. Someone else is welcome to make one if they want though.

kuro_neko 2009.06.06 04:07 PM

where is this comic? I don't remember it so well...was that the comic on the boxes with mole?

ShinjiPG 2009.06.06 04:10 PM

It's in the booklet :)
It's almost all hiragana/katakana with the ocasional kanji.

kuro_neko 2009.06.06 04:59 PM

if someone can scan it for me I will translate it (all of my pre-WtH Ringo collection is back in Boston).

ShinjiPG 2009.06.06 05:14 PM

Ok, here it is.
I can apply the translation on the image, afterwards =)

kuro_neko 2009.06.06 05:34 PM

ROFL WTF IS WITH THIS COMIC

I love how midway threw they just are like I LOVE YOU and start making out.

frecklegirl 2009.06.06 06:41 PM

Mm. Shinji, that really does have quite a LOT of kanji. I think you need to look at it again. Although I can probably read more of it now than I could when I first attempted two years ago, and I bet I could eventually translate it all, I think what I really concluded was "I'm way too lazy to mess with this." XD

ShinjiPG 2009.06.06 06:54 PM

I definitely see more kana than kanji, and the kanji look pretty simple with few strokes. But well, that's really unimportant so whatever :x

hoopra 2009.06.29 08:03 PM

oh snap i just found the original kuramaya-san, this is the first time i heard true enka fully
shiina/the band is so incredible for doing this remake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jnjb...eature=related

HEDOfloe 2009.06.29 08:23 PM

I had never seen that before. not only is it awesome that they covered it, but it's so different. I love the intro Ringo added. I think they really made it better with that. the original video itself is so weird. it seems that it influenced ringo a lot. i thought it was odd that she's in traditional japanese clothing but the music itself is very western and then it hit me, duh, that's the same thing ringo did in EM.
i was expecting the music itself to be more different, though. it seemed like regular, orchestrated jazzy music except with japanese style vocals.

Scribble R 2009.06.30 02:15 PM

Sigh. Oh, sigh.

mucker69 2010.03.24 03:15 AM

Sorry this is an old thread but... I only just bought dynamite out a couple of days ago and am really loving it!
I hope this hasn't been posted already (I looked back and didn't find it anyhow) but if anyone's interested I just translated the little comic thing quickly because it's kind of funny/weird :P Sorry it's a pretty shoddy translation but hopefully you get the general idea..
(By the way, if anyone has the beginning to this comic in dynamite in I'd love if you could share if that's allowed!)

UNDERGROUND LOVE 2
by Moto Hideyasu

Mole: Let's go meet your mum.
[BOOM]
[mole gets hit on head with hammer]
Mole: Ow! What the hell are you doing?!
Mum: Sorry. But don't you just want to hit moles impulsively when you see them? (sorry poor english! but it's basically a reference to whac-a-mole)
Mole: Don't say that to a mole. By the way...you're Hiroshi's mum?
Mum: Yes....
Mole: Here you go.
Mum: Hiroshi!!
[he has been squashed by her hammer]
Mum: Oh no, what should I do...
Mole: Alright, let's discuss this at your place.
Mum: Ok.

Mum: I wanted to thank you for raising my son.
[who is folded up... for some reason]
Mole: Yeah. But why? Why would you be so desperate to find Hiroshi after you just threw him away?
Mum: My husband's abuse was terrible. So I guess I wanted to find someone better to take care of him. But... the other day, I was finally able to get away from my husband. So I wanted Hiroshi to come live with me again. Actually it's really convenient we're having this talk now.
Mole: Well I guess it's true I raised him well, so in the end it was right what you did.
Mum: Thankyou, you're so kind... (mole: hehehe)
Mole: By the way.... are we alone right now? (mum: yes)
Mole: Do you love me?
Mum: Huh? Um... I do.
Mole: So no regrets, ok?
Mum: Could we make it darker? I'm kind of embarrassed...
Mole: Hm? That dynamite blew a huge hole. Perfect! I'll just stick it on here.
Mum: Nice idea!!
Mole: Now where were we...
Hiroshi: The end

chii 2010.04.01 03:02 PM

Does anyone know where I might get this DVD in region one format? I would love you foreverrrr if someone could point me in the right direction!

Glathannus 2010.04.01 03:28 PM

There doesn't need to be a Region 1 release of Dynamite Out. The Japanese release is All Region. Most of the Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen DVDs are actually All Region - despite the vendor websites which assume all of these DVDs are Region 2. I believe Gekokujyo Xstasy is the only Region 2 disc. The rest of the DVDs are All Region - including bonus DVDs (Ringo no Uta and Adult), and the MoRA DVDs. This tends to be the norm with EMI (the Ringohan concert DVD published by Kronekodow Ltd is also All Region). Some of the other Japanese record labels are more anal about Region restrictions. The vendors don't bother keeping track of which Japanese releases are All Region versus which ones are truly Region 2 - they just want you to assume the worst about Regions so they're not liable if you end up buying a disc that doesn't work for you. In reality, there's dozens of people in this community who will tell you the one and only legitimate release of Dynamite Out plays in their Region 1 setup just fine.

Check the starting post of this thread. The Japanese branch of Amazon (avoid the North American branches because they'll rip you off on Japanese releases), CD Japan, and HMV Japan should all offer you legitimate All Region copies - whether they realize it or not. The Japanese branch of Tower Records used to ship internationally, but now they pretty much don't anymore. All the EMF links to Tower are broken after Tower recently overhauled their site anyway.

chii 2010.04.01 04:25 PM

: O

NO WAY!

*dances crazily around the room*
I am so happy right now. OH MAN. I am going to get that DVD prettty much right now!

Maou 2011.04.02 11:21 AM

I've been listening to DO again lately. At first it was difficult going back just because of the sad reality of today's band. I'm glad I went back though as I have a new favorite from the show in The Lady is a Tramp. Yep. Something about this performance just does it for me. It keeps the integrity of the original song (unlike Sounan), but the band just blasts through it with an energy that could never be captured in the studio.

Carlx 2011.04.05 10:58 AM

I've also been listening to an audio-rip of DO on a regular basis lately, but yesterday I played Kyouiku after some months, and those songs that make the concert unique (like Jusui Negai, Ekimae, Yume no Ato and on...) caused the original versions to sound kind of rigid to my ears in contrast to that energy you are talking about.

Carlx 2011.05.03 10:17 AM

Does anyone know what are the lines that she says right before the beginning of Jusui Negai?

Nimh 2011.05.04 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlx (Post 73791)
Does anyone know what are the lines that she says right before the beginning of Jusui Negai?

I can't hear it well enough on my rusty mp3 player to give an exact translation, but from what I can make out she is saying she is back where she was once before and she missed everyone. Nothing substantial, really, like "Stop nuclear power."

Scribble R 2013.07.01 02:28 AM

DO's Kao is one of my favourite examples of how SR's vocals alone can make any song hers. I'm talking about the way she sings certain notes with a moan-like quality that reminds me of a distressed cat crying to its owner. I love this about her voice, and Kao has it in spades. It comes through much less in the recording.

Also, Kao, Genjitsu Oite, Genjitsu wo Warau, and If You Can Touch It sounds like a kind of tragic epic romance when listened to in sequence (I made this discovery BEFORE I learned that Kao and Oite were combined in JCHI :hmph: )