Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Product Reviews & Information (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [SR] 2003.12.17 - Electric Mole (DVD) [Concert Video] (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=54)

haruhi-suzumiya 2007.06.02 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glathannus (Post 1301)
I helped with that tracklisting because I have a personal rip exactly like that, with the intermissions and bonus songs and all.

Personally I hate the intermission in okonomide. I probably have the same rip as you do. And it's even two seprete tracks for the first half and the second half.

Linnéa 2007.06.03 11:09 AM

Tadashii Machi & Odaiji ni on this DVD are mindblowing. Before EM I didn't care much for TM... Now I do.

In my opinion, this is the best concert DVD ever. I lose my breath somewhere in the beginning and don't get it back until she takes the final tone of Odaijini.

badtzmaru 2007.06.06 03:29 PM

Linnea, you always describe everything so nicely!! >_< <3

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrian (Post 7160)
I love when Ringo fans Hata turing Ishiki. I don't know why.

@_@ I think I'll love this scene, too... Ahh man, I need to buy this DVD now. T_T

justriiingo 2007.06.06 11:52 PM

Yeah get it before it becomes out of print!

Ananda 2007.06.07 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linnéa (Post 7527)
Tadashii Machi & Odaiji ni on this DVD are mindblowing. Before EM I didn't care much for TM... Now I do.

I think exactly the same. To me Tadashii Machi wqas a very generic pop-rock song before the Electric Mole performance. That's a great show !

justriiingo 2007.11.11 09:24 AM

Just watched this again.
OMGGGG. Shitty editing aside, this is such a great performance. Before you Phase 2 fanboys dismiss Hirama as the overbearing guitarist who plays only power rock, please watch this again and play close attention to what he plays on Mesai and compare it to the KZK version. The EM version with Hirama on guitar is clearly superior. Hirama does some super groovy stuff on this song which is clearly audible but not overbearing at all. That's the difference between Hirama and Ukigumo. Hirama = grooooovy. Ukigumo = country (which sucks)

I think the problem with people comparing Phase 1/2 and then deciding that phase 2 is superior clearly forgot about the glorious period of the Double-Six Ecstasy tour. HZM was practically replacing every "odd" instrument on KZK, no mean feat okay.

Tokyo Jihen phase 0, best phase ever.

Canto 2007.11.12 12:30 AM

JR, how does it feel completing an eloquent passage full of subjectivity?

justriiingo 2007.11.12 09:03 AM

I feel sad because the new TJ stuff does not allow me to do this anymore.
And if I was really all that subjective, I wouldn't have mentioned that the editing on EM was sloppy.

sardonicsmile 2007.11.12 03:27 PM

i can't believe this was almost four years ago now.

HEDOfloe 2008.01.10 07:26 PM

Ringo had an OSCA guitar!!