Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (Music) (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   The Internet Music Thread (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=1851)

TurtleFu 2011.11.26 05:28 PM

The Internet Music Thread

What I mean is, services like Pandora, Last.fm, etc. I figured this could be for everyone to share their profiles and the services they use, and even recommend new services. I just downloaded Google Chrome, mostly for the music support. So:

Last.fm - "theturtlefu" (I just got this and I've been messing around, so it is no way indicative of my overall listening habits)
Like.fm - "theturtlefu" (Similar to Last.fm, but with CHARTS) EDIT: I didn't realize Last.fm also had charts. Like.fm's charts are better though.
Grooveshark - "turtlefu" or "theturtlefu" (Very cool, on demand playlist maker)
Pandora - "turtlefu" (Internet radio, good for exploring similar artists)
Jango - "turtlefu" (Ditto)
we7.com - [[My username for this is my real name]] (Also an internet radio/DJ site, good for finding similar artists)
Youtube - "theturtlefu" (For music videos, also concert playlists, I have several complete Shiina/Jihen concerts in playlist form)
Turntable.fm - "TheTurtleFu" (I'm not a DJ, just a listener)
ex.fm - "theturtlefu" (You use this for embedded music, so good for tumblr and music blogs, especially Bandcamp and Soundcloud)

And all of those scrobble with Chrome and the right extensions (took me FOREVER to get the right combination)

BTW, If you want to friend request me you should probably only do it at Last.fm, Youtube, and maybe Grooveshark. The other services I mostly use for scrobbling.

Andikki 2011.11.27 04:14 AM

subsonic.org - you install it on your server or a computer that's constantly on, put some music in, and then you can log in from the web and listen to your library. You can give out logins to your friends and family and they can access it too. Haven't used it yet, but really want to.

justriiingo 2011.11.28 08:45 PM

intrigued by subsonic...
looks like sth i would like to install on my NAS when I have a free weekend...

otherwise, I use spotify.

Tokyo Jihad 2011.11.28 09:49 PM

Try audiogalaxy. it does the same thing and has a smart phone app. Plus, is a nostalgia-ey Napster-era holdover company.

justriiingo 2011.11.29 05:36 PM

I seriously thought audiogalaxy have died a long time ago.
They were my favourite music service back in the days...

frecklegirl 2011.12.09 08:15 AM

Audiogalaxy!!!!!!! That's where I downloaded the first Ringo songs I ever heard.

Superficial Fan 2011.12.26 08:17 PM

I'm really excited about Spotify now. Now that I've agreed to pay the small monthly fee that gets rid of the commercials, I'm finding it offers up an immense amount of music I'm interested in hearing. No, of course, not everything, but enough to make it well worth it.

TurtleFu 2011.12.27 07:10 AM

Okay, you guys, here's the deal.
If you live in the US, have Windows 7, and can get IE9, you can get a TON of free stuff, including:
3 Free Months of Slacker Radio
3 Free Months of AOL Radio
1 Free Month of Grooveshark
1 Free Month of Pandora

Follow this link. I just did it and I think Slacker is the greatest thing EVER.

Glathannus 2011.12.27 06:08 PM

^
Careful, there.
Before I saw whose name the post was under, I almost thought it was spam.

ecogazoo 2011.12.27 08:46 PM

Seems suspicious anyway, probably cracked.