Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Our fav. Videogames (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=162)

golem09 2007.04.26 09:28 AM

Our fav. Videogames

Ok, we got music, films, anime, tv shows and books...
One thing missing!

At the moment I play
-Puzzle Quest
-Dragon Quest7
-Zelda: A Link to the Past
-Heroes of Might and Magic 4 & 5
-Pokemon Red
-Ragnarok Online(just a little bit)
-Lylat Wars(Yeah, finally on Virtual Console. I love my Wii!)

I think my favs are
1. Xenogears
2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3.Okami
4.Dragon Quest 7
5.Silent Hill

CatchFiveBats 2007.04.26 09:46 AM

I have a lot of games, so I'm not going to list every one I like, but here's a link to my collection profile on a game collecting site:
http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

Anyway, the games I'm currently playing are:
- Shenmue II
- Guilty Gear X2
- Red Steel
- Pokemon Emerald
- Melty Blood: Act Cadenza
- Simple 2000 Series Vol. 101: The Oneechanpon

Kudos to anyone who recognizes the last two. ;)

justriiingo 2007.04.26 10:25 AM

Brain Age, Trauma Centre and...
DDR! hahahaha!

Maou 2007.04.26 10:36 AM

1. Ninja Gaiden - NES or Xbox, it's all good.
2. Silent Hill - I prefer 1 and 3 over 2, but didn't care for 4 at all.
3. Baldur's Gate/Neverwinter Nights - Lawful Evil, duh.
4. Guitar Hero - So many classics.
5. X-Men Legends - It has Gambit and Jubilee.

Don't take this list to be like an all-time faves thing. This is just what I'm hot on now. I still love classics like Chrono Trigger, Zelda: LttP, Final Fantasy VI, and Tetris. They just aren't fresh in my memory.

CatchFiveBats 2007.04.26 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maou (Post 2889)
1. Ninja Gaiden - NES or Xbox, it's all good.

I'm also a big fan of Ninja Gaiden (only on NES, though...haven't yet had the chance to play the Xbox version). Probably the best action-platformers on NES, IMHO (behind Super Mario Bros, of course).

Tokyo Jihad 2007.04.26 11:36 AM

I was totally gonna post this topic...but like every thread I think of, I never actually make it and wind up posting in the random thread instead =P

Right now I'm all about the Pokemon, let me show them. I haven't been rocketing through the game, but have been obsessively leveling and catching.
(also playing Zelda: Twilight Princess)

Howevva' Pokemon ranks pretty highly on my fav games of all time. But not as high as Tetris and Jet Set Radio. Tetris is the perfect game. I totally wish I coulda thoght of it, it never gets old you never truely beat it, easy to pick up and play. Teris has its own "language" its simple to figure out. Tetris is 'it.' Jet Set Radio (Dreamcast) on the other hand is sorta the opposite end of the spectrum. Jet Set is the first game, in my opinion, to truely achieve a unique audiovisual style for itself. JSR was fun and all, but wat really grabs you is the style, the music, the scenario, etc. Even if it was a tv show, rather than a game, I'd watch it. I bought an xbox solel for the sequel (Jet Set Radio Future) and I still think it was worth it (plus, Xbox eventually got Panzer Dragoon and Shenmue)

Im sure I'll return to this thread many many times to blather on about games.

Inaudible-Whisper 2007.04.26 11:49 AM

Currently Playing:

Gears of War (I think I might marry this game online... until Halo 3)
Guitar Hero 2
Crackdown
Call of Duty 3
Viva Pinata
Farcry Instincts Predator (This game can last forever online, what with the extensive level editor. Some of the level designs are truly innovative. People create new game types, even things like racing levels. Not anything new to a PC player playing with mods, but it's refreshing for a console game).

I have a Wii but I haven't took it out of it's box in about a month. I love the system, but it has a serious lack of games coming out and absolutely no amazing exclusives currently out. Almost every new game announcement is a cheap PS2 or even PSP port with tacked on motion controls which just makes the console look like a gimmick - something which I know it isn't. I know a lot of owners that are losing serious interest.

Tokyo Jihad 2007.04.26 12:15 PM

Zelda, Excitetruck, Super Paper Mario, Wario Ware, WiiSports say hi. (and all exclusive, except Zelda in a mild way.) >_>

Mr. Go-mahn 2007.04.26 12:25 PM

Rockman 3, 2, X, and probably more.
Super Metroid
DDR
Zelda, either Link's Awakening, or TP, or Oot, or A link to the past... can't decide.
Super Mario Bros 3
Yoshi's Island
One of the Castlevanias, probably IV or Symphony

I could go on but I won't. I don't even think that's in the right order as my favorites always fluctuate. Rockman will always be up there though. Always.

-edit- Snap. I forgot Earthbound! That's my favorite "by the book" rpg and really the only one of it's kind I enjoy playing.

golem09 2007.04.26 12:35 PM

Oh, the hell? I forgot about Tetris!
I don't think I played any gamer longer than this one, (Well maybe except Ragnarok Online, but time doesn't count there^^)
Tetris Online for the DS was like a gift from the heavens for me. It's pure gameplay straight from the mind to the screen. This is...wow
We have to share friends codes for that game TJ! (Well, I hope you own it for DS =o)

And I actually liked Okami more than Twilight Princess o.O

And what is DDR?