Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Polls (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Sanmon Gossip VS Sports (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=1429)

Scribble R 2010.02.26 02:57 AM

Sanmon Gossip VS Sports

What do you prefer, and if you can bring yourself to, explain why?

I understand that it's too early for some. But the thread won't disappear into thin air.

Jesse 2010.02.26 03:21 AM

I don't exactly think they're all that comparable..

Though I do like Sports, Sanmon Gossip to me is a more exciting/dynamic record with stronger themes.

EmilScherbe 2010.02.26 03:30 AM

SG

I don't need Izawa and Ukigumo's composition for Ringo's piece.

mae 2010.02.26 09:20 AM

I have not listened to Sports yet, but few songs. Based on that, I can now say I prefer what I've listened from Sports, already more than SG. I don't really think I will change my mind when I get the album. I feel SG is too homogeneous and not very creative, and I liked just 2 or 3 songs from it, including karisome and I don't think this one counts... I know I can't compare 2 albums if I just listen one of them complete, but with what I've got from Sports it's already better for me. I think there is more energy put in this one.

...And like someone said on another thread, Ikiru may not be too much a good song but vocals are something to notice.

bromithia 2010.02.26 09:57 AM

I'll vote in a few months. I'm guessing SG will be my pick though, but we will see.

Ringo~Bingo 2010.02.26 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilScherbe (Post 67907)
SG

I don't need Izawa and Ukigumo's composition for Ringo's piece.

I'm with this sentiment. Whether I find it good or bad I'd rather it all came from her. :hmph: If I want compositions from the others I'll seek out their respective solo albums.

ParisJihen 2010.02.26 02:07 PM

Sorry but I cannot compare a solo album of SR with a TJ release... Maybe a Variety / Sports poll would be easier and more logical to me.
Anyway I'm enjoying this new album A LOT !!!

Migoto 2010.02.26 02:27 PM

I voted for Sports. I do love SG, but I have more Sports tracks on repeat on my playlist.

mae 2010.02.26 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo (Post 67922)
I'm with this sentiment. Whether I find it good or bad I'd rather it all came from her. :hmph: If I want compositions from the others I'll seek out their respective solo albums.

I think this are 2 different matters: I do prefer her compositions than the others, it's true, but that doesn't mean that all her albums are always going to be better than TJ's. In this particular case, speaking about SG, which I think is her worst album, I don't like it more than any one of the band's albums (yes, even considering Variety...).

Actually, even if she is the better musician among them, and has spectacular solo works, she doesn't sound like a band by her own and then I'm always also wanting to listen to the other version of her/their music, that is TJ. Well, Ringo as a solo musician being better than TJ doesn't mean SG to be necessarily better than Sports. Maybe I also want her to compose, but I want her to compose for the band.

(and please don't think I was angry writing this... it's the language barrier...)

Ringo~Bingo 2010.02.26 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mae (Post 67930)
(and please don't think I was angry writing this... it's the language barrier...)

You really upset me. :P

I'm one of those Solo Ringo/Phase 1 only kind of fans (haters I think we're called). :hmph: I'm not intrested in the current guise of Jihen. :lol:

If you like the current stuff then I'm best ignored. :):o