Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Product Reviews & Information (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ringo 15th Anniversary Releases 13.11.2013 (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=2086)

deadgrandma 2013.09.10 04:44 PM

Ringo 15th Anniversary Releases 13.11.2013

4 Attachment(s)
So, you're wallet is gonna take a beating if you're a collector, straight from Kronekodow (http://sp.kronekodow.com/goraku/131113release/):

Collab Collection:

コラボレーション・ベストアルバム
『浮き名』 /椎名林檎篇
2013年11月13日(水)発売
初回限定仕様盤:
TYCT-69005 3,800円(予価)
通常盤:
TYCT-69008 3,150円(税込)デビュー15周年。椎名林檎はこれまでに多くのアーティストのお呼ばれを受け、作品に参加してきました。そんなかりそめの音楽的逢瀬の歴史を、このたび一枚のアルバムにまとめました。さらに、アルバムコンセプトに因んで新作曲も収録しています。 [収録予定曲]
・becoming/谷口 崇
・Rock & Hammer/谷口 崇
・CRAZY DAYS CRAZY FEELING/ZAZEN BOYS
・You make me feel so bad/ZAZEN BOYS
・ロッキンルーラ/MO’SOME TONEBENDER
・危険すぎる/浅井健一
・あまいやまい feat.椎名林檎/マボロシ
・MY FOOLISH HEART ~crazy on earth~×椎名林檎/SOIL &”PIMP”SESSIONS
・MY FOOLISH HEART ~crazy on shibuya~/SOIL&”PIMP”SESSIONS×椎名林檎
・きらきら武士 feat.Deyonna/レキシ
・殺し屋危機一髪/SOIL&”PIMP”SESSIONSと椎名林檎
・APPLE/TOWA TEI
・やさしい哲学/冨田ラボ feat. 椎名林檎
・IT WAS YOU/表記未定 作曲:Burt Bacharach(新曲)
ほか

Live Collection

ライブ・ベストアルバム
『蜜月抄』
2013年11月13日(水)発売

初回限定仕様盤:
TYCT-69006 3,800円(予価)
通常盤:
TYCT-69009 3,150円(税込)デビュー以来の、椎名林檎の膨大なライブ音源の中から選りすぐった、初のライブ・ベストアルバム。2000年の下剋上エクスタシーから、2008年の(生)林檎博まで。さらに、NHK「SONGS」での音源までも収録。 [収録予定曲]
・本能
(“下剋上エクスタシー” 2000.4.26 NHKホール)
・あおぞら
・積木遊び
・今夜だふ
(発育ステータス”御起立ジャポン” 2000.7.8 新宿リキッド)
・茜さす帰路照らされど…
(“座禅エクスタシー” 2000.7.30 嘉穂劇場)
・歌舞伎町の女王
・浴室
・ポルターガイスト
(“賣笑エクスタシー” 2003.5.27 九段会館)
・丸ノ内サディスティック
(“Electric Mole” 2003.9.27 日本武道館)
・罪と罰
(“Electric Mole” 2003.9.27 日本武道館)
・迷彩
(“第一回林檎班大会の模様” 2005.12 恵比寿ガーデンホール)
・りんごのうた
(“第一回林檎班大会の模様” 2005.12 代官山UNIT)
・茎(STEM)
(“Ringo EXPO 08” 2008.11.30さいたまスーパーアリーナ)
・この世の限り
(“Ringo EXPO 08” 2008.11.30さいたまスーパーアリーナ)
・密偵物語
(NHK「SONGS」2009年放送)
・ありあまる富
(NHK「SONGS」2009年放送)

PV Collection

★PV集
『The Sexual Healing Total Care Course 120min.』
映像作品Blu-ray化と、”性的”シリーズ作品集
2013年11月13日(水)発売デビュー15周年を記念して、これまでの椎名林檎の映像作品を全面Blu-ray化いたします。また、PV作品集『性的ヒーリング』を集約して一作品に、また歴代ライブ映像作品を8枚組のボックスとしてもリリース。最高の映像でお楽しみください。[十五周年記念特別限定御奉仕商品]Blu-ray :
7,350円(税込)TYXN-10001
DVD(2枚組) :
6,300円(税込)TYBN-10001/2 [内容](Blu-ray・DVD共に)
・PV集「性的ヒーリング~其ノ壱~」
・PV集「性的ヒーリング~其ノ弐~」
・PV集「性的ヒーリング~其ノ参~」
・PV集「性的ヒーリング~其ノ四~」
+「りんごのうた」「この世の限り」「メロウ」全25曲収録 ※初回生産限定商品。確実にお求めになる場合は、ぜひご予約を。

Live Blu Ray Boxset

★Blu-ray BOX『LiVE』

[十五周年記念初回生産限定商品]26,250円(税込)TYXN-19001過去のLIVE映像作品7タイトルを含む8ディスクをBOX化※初回生産限定商品。確実にお求めになる場合は、ぜひご予約を。 [内容]
・『下剋上エクスタシー』
・『発育ステータス 御起立ジャポン』
・『賣笑エクスタシー』
・『Electric Mole』
・『座禅エクスタシー』
・『Ringo EXPO 08』
・『第一回林檎班大会の模様』 ☆特典ディスク:デビューライブ「先攻エクスタシー」ドキュメント
+「先攻エクスタシー」のレア写真を掲載したブックレットを封入

★ライブ映像作品をBlu-rayで
『下剋上エクスタシー』
4,725円(税込)TYXN-10002『発育ステータス 御起立ジャポン』
3,675円(税込)TYXN-10003『賣笑エクスタシー』
4,200円(税込)TYXN-10004『Electric Mole』
4,725円(税込)TYXN-10005『座禅エクスタシー』
4,725円(税込)TYXN-10006『Ringo EXPO 08』
5,250円(税込)TYXN-10007

Ouch. Feel it.

matan-san 2013.09.10 08:51 PM

^OMFG. ok goodbye money...
I'm so happy we're finally getting that Burt Bacharach collab

and there's a new picture too of Ringo at her MILFiest

:o

Glathannus 2013.09.10 11:13 PM

Just got the email notification from HMV, and z0mgholyshit!!1!!!1

Live Collection has a lot of non-exclusive footage, but..
it also includes a Ringo Expo performance of Mittei Monogatari!

I don't know where the money is going to come from, but I'm getting that BD Live boxset, no matter what. Even if it didn't include anything exclusive, it's still a bargain. The other releases can wait. I've already separately tracked down most everything in the collab album, except there's been no CD releases for crazy on shibuya, and IT WAS YOU. Meanwhile, there isn't enough information about the new PV volume/compilation/whatever.

From what I can tell from looking at HMV, the blu-ray setlists are unfortunately the same as the DVDs (so far I've checked GX and Electric Mole). Most of us know more footage was shot than that, and it's not as if the blu-rays are going to be pushing 50 GB (the dual-layer blu-ray limit) from the existing setlists.

I'm not sure yet what this stuff (seemingly exclusive to the BD Live boxset) is:

Quote:

・『第一回林檎班大会の模様』 ☆特典ディスク:デビューライブ「先攻エクスタシー」ドキュメント
+「先攻エクスタシー」のレア写真を掲載したブックレットを封入
The first line is basically saying Ringohan (same performance as the DVD released in 2007).
The second line is saying Senkou Ecstasy (which may very well end up blowing our minds as much as Zazen Ecstasy).
I can't decipher the rest of the info beyond the titles.

There's some other questions we probably won't know the answer to, until the first of us gets their hands on the blu-rays:

Will Gekokujyo Xtasy and Hatsuiku Status look fucking fantastic?
I'm optimistic about GX, because the DVD had too much audio data (PCM + DTS + AC3), and not much resources available for the video quality. The way Hatsuiku Status looked on DVD, had probably little or nothing to do with the DVD format itself.

What kind of options will Electric Mole have?
On the limited DVD you can choose to watch Okonomi de uninterrupted, and there's an alternate performance of Suberidai.

Will Baishou Ecstasy will have a menu system anything like the DVD?
It was the most complicated menu system any of the DVDs ever had.

Did they fix the audio on Ringohan?
There was this nasty high-pitch feedback-like sound going on during part of the Saito Neko segment.

Maou 2013.09.11 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glathannus (Post 88007)
I don't know where the money is going to come from, but I'm getting that BD Live boxset, no matter what.

Yep. Wallet Am Cry. Hoping for the best with these new releases because there is quite a bit that can be fixed audio-wise.

Quote:

The first line is basically saying Ringohan (same performance as the DVD released in 2007).
The second line is saying Senkou Ecstasy (which may very well end up blowing our minds as much as Zazen Ecstasy).
I can't decipher the rest of the info beyond the titles.
If I'm reading correctly, it's the tour documentary (which I believe is Yuuhatsu Orgasm) and a tour photo book from Senkou Ecstasy. Not the actual show. Mind not blown.

Nimh 2013.09.11 09:45 AM

GEKOKUJYO XSTASY ON BLU-RAY!

The whole announcement could have been those four words and still gotten my money.

Tokyo Jihad 2013.09.11 11:58 AM

Yuuhatsu Orgasm on bluray would be the best news of the day.

Inseu 2013.09.11 02:58 PM

Ordered 浮き名 (Ukina) from CDJapan.

I don't feel the other releases bringing anything new to the table, especially that silly live collection 蜜月抄, which is the slightly less ugly cousin of Tokyo Collection.

Scribble R 2013.09.11 03:07 PM

What is up with that photo? I always try to avoid calling things 'random' but I can't find a better phrase. As for the actual product, I'm not interested because there isn't much that I haven't heard before.

Inseu 2013.09.11 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scribble R (Post 88015)
What is up with that photo? I always try to avoid calling things 'random' but I can't find a better phrase. As for the actual product, I'm not interested because there isn't much that I haven't heard before.

Four possible explanations:

1. Ringo is a fan of Pirates of the Caribbean.

2. Ringo is a victim of domestic violence.

3. Ringo had discount eye surgery.

4. Ringo had a fight with Tomita Lab due to creative differences.

Scribble R 2013.09.11 04:27 PM

She's like a Dynasty Warriors/Soul Calibur character in that picture, so that could be no.5. The eyepatch is maybe sufficiently medical for Ringo styling.

ShadyNook 2013.09.11 04:36 PM

sheeit...my monies

oh well *cancels ps4 preorder*

Electric Mole on bluray! Count me in.

TurtleFu 2013.09.11 05:46 PM

HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS.
She really does love us!
I don't care what any of y'all say, I can die happy now that Electric Mole is on Blu Ray!!! (and maybe FINALLY we will get the full versions of Koufukuron and Ringo no Uta!!!)

EDIT: This is probably limited edition, but I will never be able to afford it. Oh, well. Maybe if it's still in stock by the Spring and I get some massive scholarships I can waste $300 on it

Nimh 2013.09.11 08:03 PM

Just ordered everything except the Mitsugetsusho CD, as it's not yet available on CDJapan. Total was EXACTLY 40000 yen, and I was happy to see the exchange rate for once.

deadgrandma 2013.09.11 08:17 PM

I think people are putting their hopes up a bit if they think theyre gonna get full versions of Koufukuron/Ringo No Uta on Electric Mole. GX is most likely gonna be an upscale... I have my doubts about HS too...

Just take the fucking ringing out of Ringohan, don't do any of that awful digital sharpening like Universal's early blu ray everything and I'm happy.

Entry№1 2013.09.11 08:44 PM

These re-releases are so extensive, they make me wonder if SR really is retiring. I'm probably just being paranoid, but I never thought we'd see the Bacharach collab being released.

deadgrandma 2013.09.11 08:49 PM

^ Well, you know there'll be at least one more release after this cause the 3 latest PVs still aren't on the Seiteki Healing Blu Ray set...

Tokyo Jihad 2013.09.12 05:22 AM

Can we talk about the picture?

I don't normally comment on promotional pics like this, but does the image seem oddly "Shiina Ringo" to anyone else? I don't mean polite old lady Shiina, or goofy cat ears Shiina, or even try-hard deer antler Shiina, but the Shiina Ringo.

It's at least atypical for modern day Shiina. The more modern day shiina version of this image would accentuate the dress, cover her eye with her hair maybe, sit in a proper chair, she would look at the camera, and be lit softer or at least flatter.

I think the above description of what it isn't alone is interesting. The image is sexy, but its also unnerving. It doesn't feel safe, like maybe she poses provocatively to attract potential torture victims. Or maybe she's the victim with wounds (the eye patch) and ruffled hair and she doesn't know anything but to feign seduction.

That's the same feeling that old Shiina was so good at playing. Yes there was "sex" in the presentation, but there was that edge, that slight subversion that painted everything to be more than it seemed.

I think that picture is the most interesting thing Shiina has been associated with in years.

deadgrandma 2013.09.12 05:30 AM

I have just read

"The Blu Ray Live Set will include the Sentou Xstasy concert at Club Quattro."

From a usually very reliable source.

Interesting. And also another reason to be chuffed.

Also, the new picture, BIG SIZE

Inseu 2013.09.12 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 88031)
Can we talk about the picture?

I don't normally comment on promotional pics like this, but does the image seem oddly "Shiina Ringo" to anyone else? I don't mean polite old lady Shiina, or goofy cat ears Shiina, or even try-hard deer antler Shiina, but the Shiina Ringo.

It's at least atypical for modern day Shiina. The more modern day shiina version of this image would accentuate the dress, cover her eye with her hair maybe, sit in a proper chair, she would look at the camera, and be lit softer or at least flatter.

I think the above description of what it isn't alone is interesting. The image is sexy, but its also unnerving. It doesn't feel safe, like maybe she poses provocatively to attract potential torture victims. Or maybe she's the victim with wounds (the eye patch) and ruffled hair and she doesn't know anything but to feign seduction.

That's the same feeling that old Shiina was so good at playing. Yes there was "sex" in the presentation, but there was that edge, that slight subversion that painted everything to be more than it seemed.

I think that picture is the most interesting thing Shiina has been associated with in years.

It's also kinda embrassing. The picture reminds me of those early days when she performed with that little crown and whip in SM outfits, which you seem to really like. The widely opened legs imply that more babies are on the way.

matan-san 2013.09.12 06:13 AM

I think this picture is the best representation of Ringo now. it combines the edginess and risqueness of young Ringo with the more feminine and sexy side of nu-Ringo into one picture. if this picture was shot in 2006 it could've been the perfect cover art for Adult, but I'm not sure Adult-era Ringo would've made such picture.

she does seem to put a little bit of weight (which is a good thing), probably as a result of the pregnancy

Maou 2013.09.12 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleFu (Post 88021)
(and maybe FINALLY we will get the full versions of Koufukuron and Ringo no Uta!!!)

I've said it before on these forums, but I'm not sure if you were around back then... Ringo no Uta on the EM DVD is the full version as performed at the show. The DVD ends exactly where they stopped playing the song and left the stage.

The bigger issue is that Kabukicho, Honnou and Izonshou were completely cut from the DVD. Those need to be restored. I need high quality versions of those performances.

Nimh 2013.09.12 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matan-san (Post 88037)
I think this picture is the best representation of Ringo now.

I agree. Most pictures lately have been spruced-up fashion shoots or group-concept doodles with the band, in varying degrees of lameness.

Ringo seems to have regained her visual persona.

Entry№1 2013.09.12 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matan-san (Post 88037)
I think this picture is the best representation of Ringo now. it combines the edginess and risqueness of young Ringo with the more feminine and sexy side of nu-Ringo into one picture. if this picture was shot in 2006 it could've been the perfect cover art for Adult, but I'm not sure Adult-era Ringo would've made such picture.

she does seem to put a little bit of weight (which is a good thing), probably as a result of the pregnancy

Yes, yes, and yes. I love this new picture, but I do feel like it's taken somewhat out of context perhaps. I mean, what's the story? Why the eye patch? I mean, it could just be Ringo being zany again (paint splattered rave shirt with broken day-glo necklaces and "Mayonaka" French hat), but intuition tells me there's more going on here. Maybe this is related to some other photo-shoot for a magazine or relates to one of the unheard songs.

FadedSun 2013.09.12 10:24 AM

Oh my. I think I would only spring for a couple of the blu rays. Are they region free?

If I was going to get two blu rays, which ones are the best bet? I was thinking Electric Mole and Gekokujou Ecstasy, but I've never seen Ringo Expo 08 and it seems like it has a solid track list.

Now I'm thinking of getting the entire box set. So tempting!

Maou 2013.09.12 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FadedSun (Post 88045)
If I was going to get two blu rays, which ones are the best bet? I was thinking Electric Mole and Gekokujou Ecstasy, but I've never seen Ringo Expo 08 and it seems like it has a solid track list.

It's hard to say right now because there's too much we don't know yet. Will Gekokujou and Electric Mole get the missing tracks? Will Zazen's audio be improved at all over the 24-bit DVD? Will Expo 08 get a new mix because the DVD left a lot to be desired?

As it stands, my opinion is:

Electric Mole > Zazen Ecstasy > Ringo Expo 08 >>>>>>> Gekokujou Ecstasy

Glathannus 2013.09.12 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maou (Post 88048)
Will Gekokujou and Electric Mole get the missing tracks?

Not according to HMV, unless they ignorantly reused the setlists from the DVD pages (which is something Amazon would do). We also have to admit to the possibility that the Electric Mole blu-ray won't have as much footage as the limited DVD.

deadgrandma 2013.09.12 09:41 PM

Well, relaying more info here (source, op2, last.fm):

"The amazon.jp listing for LiVE credits Reliance MediaWorks as the company that is handling the Shiina Ringo releases. These are the same guys that handled the HD releases of Fantasia, the Star Wars trilogy and more. Seems like they know their stuff ( http://lowrydigital.com/ ). Excited to see how these concerts will look."

Cool bananas.

Edit: Also, works out CHEAPEST with Amazon I figured. Even with their expensive shipping. They have it currently listed for 5,117 yen less than list price, I doubt it will get cheaper than that!

Glathannus 2013.09.12 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadgrandma (Post 88053)
works out CHEAPEST with Amazon I figured. Even with their expensive shipping. They have it currently listed for over 5,000 yen less than everywhere else!

HMV had a multi-buy price of 21000yen just a day or two ago, but that disappeared. It will probably resurface before the release date, though. The comeback won't be specific to Shiina Ringo releases - I've noticed that multi-buy opportunities come and go in waves, throughout HMV overall.

Also, I didn't have the greatest experience trying to receive the Towa Tei LP from Amazon, ever since they switched from FedEx to DHL. I'd rather have EMS (the only shipping method offered by HMV) even if it's officially a little bit slower, because at least they remember where I live and won't delay the shipment a whole extra week or two.

HMV has been infamously unreliable about predicting the shipping costs, but that's mainly been with LPs (when HF and SS turned out to be doubles). I haven't had any other problems with them. HMV's EMS isn't the most cost-effective for large shipments compared to CD Japan's FedEx, but HMV's base prices on videos and/or limited editions are often so much lower, that HMV is still cheaper overall. As a semi-poor person, I only use CD Japan to get first-pressings. If I had more money than patience, I'd use CD Japan for everything, since their FedEx is the fastest shipping anybody offers. Since it's not EMI's style to have a first-pressing among a limited edition, you usually have nothing to lose (as an elite collector) by purchasing EMI limited editions from HMV. It's the releases which only have regular editions, where you'd be taking a risk if you preordered with HMV.

Since even the upcoming CDs have limited editions (and all the videos are limited), I'm assuming there's no first-press among that whole batch of releases.

deadgrandma 2013.09.12 10:22 PM

Pity, being in Australia I find DHL the fastest (3 days max).

So now all is ordered cept the Seiteiki Healing Blu Ray which I'm still a bit meh about tbh. CDs I got from CDJapan.

Also any confirmation what makes the limited editions of the CDs different to the regular versions?

EDIT: I rewatched Seiteki Healing 3 just now. YEAH. This shit needs Blu Ray treatment DESPERATELY. At least to get the aspect ratio right. I really hope this is one thing they focus on. I also wonder if they will include EVERYTHING (CMs and all) or just the PVs?

FadedSun 2013.09.13 09:23 AM

For you guys that have ordered from CDJapan, do they charge you right away for preorders, or when the item ships?

Nimh 2013.09.13 01:31 PM

CDJapan charges when shipping. But keep an eye on the exchange rate. When they charge you, the amount is based on the exchange rate on the date you are charged, not on the order date.

deadgrandma 2013.09.13 01:53 PM

Unless you choose PayPal and its paid there and then.

deadgrandma 2013.09.15 06:09 PM

If you did not notice already

http://sp.universal-music.co.jp/ringo/15th/

EMI updated Ringo's website to give it a 15th Anniversary theme, isn't that nice of them.

3knotsJK 2013.09.16 08:15 AM

Isn't this photo a Rammstein connection? That's how I feel about it.

Scribble R 2013.09.16 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadgrandma (Post 88087)
If you did not notice already

http://sp.universal-music.co.jp/ringo/15th/

EMI updated Ringo's website to give it a 15th Anniversary theme, isn't that nice of them.

That site answers the question as to whether the live blu-rays will include cut performances (they won't).

TurtleFu 2013.09.16 04:55 PM

Booooooo
I take back what I said about her loving us.

deadgrandma 2013.09.16 05:12 PM

Musicians that love their fans are lame and uninteresting anyway :-p

But yeah, pfft not let down cause I was not seriously expecting to get any cut footage. Chances are that 'cut' footage is long gone/fucked by now.

Nimh 2013.09.16 05:29 PM

I just want to know how many GBs they really need to make a first-rate presentation of Baishou Ecstasy. I'm thinking it's fewer than 33.

They could have easily combined Baishou and Hatsuiku on one BD and saved fans some $$$.

And did I miss Hyaku iro megane, or is it just not there? Again, something else they could have upgraded and tossed on a BD as a gift to the fans.

Oh, I'm carping now.

deadgrandma 2013.09.16 05:36 PM

Nah, thats for the 20th anniversary, duh :-p

Inseu 2013.09.16 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimh (Post 88099)
They could have easily combined Baishou and Hatsuiku on one BD and saved fans some $$$.

And did I miss Hyaku iro megane, or is it just not there? Again, something else they could have upgraded and tossed on a BD as a gift to the fans.

One of the most dangerous situations that lead to bear attacks is when a bear perceives a threat to her offspring. Female bears are very defensive of their young, devoting years of their life just to raise their cubs and teach them to hunt. While solo bears will usually retreat, a mother bear protecting her cubs is mostly likely to attack any sudden threat.

deadgrandma 2013.09.21 06:59 PM

From Kronekodow English site:

LiVE
15th Anniversary First Press Limited Edition
26,250 yen (w/tax) TYXN-19001 Blu-ray Box Set
Contains:
Eight discs in a box set include the following seven concert video titles
Revolt Ecstasy
Growth Status Stand up Japon
Prostitute Ecstasy
Electric Mole
Zazen Ecstasy
Ringo Expo 08
First Meeting of the Ringo Squad
*Bonus disc: Footage from the debut tour Senko Ecstasy
Plus, bonus booklet with rare photos from the Senko Ecstasy tour

Not gonna copy paste the rest, check it out yourself.

frecklegirl 2013.09.21 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inseu (Post 88036)
The widely opened legs imply that more babies are on the way.

what the fuck????????????????????????????????

lol at how the lastfm Ringo shoutbox is basically like where all the EMF exiles go to hang out.

deadgrandma 2013.09.21 09:01 PM

^ shame though, cause they actually talk about/ actually seem to like her more than here :-p

frecklegirl 2013.09.22 01:29 AM

funny how they weren't capable of behaving that way on the actual forums though!? if they'd acted that way they'd still be welcome but instead they were trolls

gekokujyo 2013.09.22 03:51 AM

Two hands, etc.

FadedSun 2013.09.23 05:19 PM

I'm going all in for the limited edition blu-ray boxset. I don't really care about the collaboration CDs or anything else. It will be nice to have all of her live sets in one convenient, high-quality package.

Nimh 2013.09.23 07:16 PM

^^^ Awesome. No interest in the PV compilation?

deadgrandma 2013.09.24 04:13 AM

So....

I'll put it in here cause it still kinda ties in with her 15th anniversary stuff:

She is now being the face of the Tower Records 15th Anniversary at the same time or something and will be appearing in Tower Records Shinjuku on 10th October.

I also am led to believe that there are special 15th anniversary posters being sold featuring Ringo on them, but could be wrong (if this is the case and someone lives in the area and is willing to get me one, please PM me). Could someone do a good translation for us? From Kronekodow:

椎名林檎、タワレコ新宿15thメインキャラクターに
2013年10月10日をもってオープン15周年を迎えるタワーレコード新宿店。このほど、椎名林檎が、デビュー15周年つながりで、記念キャンペーンのメインキャラクターを務めることとなりました。

タワレコ新宿店『15周年祭。』と称したポスターもつくりました。和装で記念の年を祝う椎名林檎です。

frecklegirl 2013.09.24 04:26 AM

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!! the Shinjuku TR is right by my work and that's the day before I leave to go home to the US for a couple weeks! AHHHH

dg, if I can get two, one is yours. Pretty sure I can though, I'll go right after work on the 10th and take lots of photos!

It doesn't say she'll appear in person though, at least not in the website blurb. Or did you mean just images of her would appear in the store?

Oct 10 is the 15th anniversary of the Shinjuku TR opening. The poster is her in a kimono. Those are really the important details not yet translated.

deadgrandma 2013.09.24 04:43 AM

Oh, yeah I didn't know what it meant by 'character' but I guess I do now haha. If you can grab an extra one, I will be forever grateful, PM me if you do and we can work out the rest that way, if not, just let us know what yours looked like at least :-)

Shiki 2013.09.26 05:40 AM

Just ordered the live box even though I have most of them on DVD already. First thing I'm gonna do when I receive it is watch Electric Mole again for the umpteenth time.

3knotsJK 2013.09.27 12:17 PM

On anniversary site: http://sp.universal-music.co.jp/ringo/15th/ there is news about Ringo being face of Tower Records 15th anniversary. I'm not sure if I'm right but it says something about her that could mean she may pop up at some event there at some point?

deadgrandma 2013.09.30 11:49 PM

Oooh man these covers of the cds and boxset are amazing. On Kronekodow now (if you can't see the new covers/updated info on your computer, try accessing on your phone).

Edit: UKINA

MITSUGETSU
SHOU

LiVE

Scribble R 2013.10.01 12:17 AM

熱愛発覚中/椎名林檎と中田ヤスタカ(CAPSULE) - I didn't know this song existed! Is it new?

deadgrandma 2013.10.01 04:20 AM

Yeah dunno, but Nakata x Ringo could be very mind blowing OR gut wrenchingly bad... Excited to find out though! By the way, Ukina just made itself a MUST OWN for serious fans... the tracklist now also includes Between Today and Tomorrow!

Inseu 2013.10.01 09:45 AM

Nice, Ukina cover looks like something by the Grateful Dead. Live album has nice cover too, I now must resist the tempation of ordering that.

3knotsJK 2013.10.01 01:43 PM

It's great cover for Ukina is full of mythology

Glathannus 2013.10.02 11:24 PM

According to HMV, the Ringohan blu-ray can now be purchased separately from the boxset.

Scribble R 2013.10.08 06:58 AM

Not to blow my own trumpet but my prediction for the next album cover was nearly correct!

milk 2013.10.08 07:37 PM

Are you allowed up close to shake her hand or give her a hug? Maybe a hi-five? That would be... \(O_o)/
Quote:

Originally Posted by frecklegirl (Post 88208)
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!! the Shinjuku TR is right by my work and that's the day before I leave to go home to the US for a couple weeks! AHHHH

dg, if I can get two, one is yours. Pretty sure I can though, I'll go right after work on the 10th and take lots of photos!

It doesn't say she'll appear in person though, at least not in the website blurb. Or did you mean just images of her would appear in the store?

Oct 10 is the 15th anniversary of the Shinjuku TR opening. The poster is her in a kimono. Those are really the important details not yet translated.

matan-san 2013.10.13 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scribble R (Post 88275)
熱愛発覚中/椎名林檎と中田ヤスタカ(CAPSULE) - I didn't know this song existed! Is it new?

holy shit, this is the best thing about the whole 15th anniversary I've heard so far

deadgrandma 2013.10.14 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matan-san (Post 88359)
holy shit, this is the best thing about the whole 15th anniversary I've heard so far

After listening to the new CAPSULE album I seriously hope it's more RINGO and less NAKATA... IMO, CAPSULE's CAPS LOCK is the most boring album I've heard in years, hell, I'd listen to Kyary Pamyu Pamyu over it anyday. :hmph:

Glathannus 2013.10.14 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadgrandma (Post 88362)
After listening to the new CAPSULE album I seriously hope [the upcoming collaboration track is] more RINGO and less NAKATA... IMO, CAPSULE's CAPS LOCK is the most boring album I've heard in years, hell, I'd listen to Kyary Pamyu Pamyu over it anyday. :hmph:

I'd be more optimistic about this collaboration if it had happened roughly a decade ago. That's when the best capsule albums were, near as I can tell. I'm not absolutely certain about this (because I'm much too scared to try more of their recordings from the last 5 years), but I'm of the suspicion that the music must've turned to shit by the time Nakata started pimping the vocalist out in the cover art.

Inseu 2013.10.15 02:58 AM

It's pretty easy to check out on youtube... I don't see how "pimping the vocalist out" somehow undermines the quality of the music, I mean, isn't SG baiscally Ringo pimping herself out gracefully on the covert art? :p

deadgrandma 2013.10.15 03:09 AM

Its not the same, Capsule's new album is far more bland than Perfume.

Inseu 2013.10.15 04:12 AM

Ok I see, when Glath said their recordings, I thought he meant various albums produced by Nakata, rather than Capsule's.

Carlx 2013.10.17 04:15 PM

I agree with Glathannus, and I don't think he's making a value judgement out of cover arts, but the drastic change in the musical approach slightly makes a match with the rather monothematic graphic artwork of the current capsule material.

I don't usually rely on genres, but they may be helpful to illustrate the difference between former and current capsule: the early material (up to 2006, I believe) can be tagged as electro music heavily influenced by jazz, bossa, lounge, funk, salsa, merengue and more, everything with a neo Shibuya-kei-ish feel to it (not only musically but also visually) — while the current output seems to have abandoned these vibes in search of a more club-oriented sound.

deadgrandma 2013.10.17 04:24 PM

^ Not CAPS LOCK (his absolute latest) which just sounds like the most boring 8 bit music imaginable. The fact that people are calling it 'experimental' sickens me.

As for the cover... no woman, just the letter "C"

Carlx 2013.10.17 08:37 PM

I see. 8-bit music... it would be good if it sounded at least slightly like this. On loop. Forever.

anonlurker 2013.10.17 11:01 PM

Regarding the Sexual Healing complete box, is anyone aware if they are to receive the same level of remastering that the live concerts will? I've had a scout around but haven't noticed any specific mention about it.

AppleForMe 2013.10.21 01:51 PM

Just ordered the box set and the collab CD.....ouch my wallet

3knotsJK 2013.10.24 03:21 AM

So, following kronekodow news, Ringo & Tower Records anniversary shirts will be put on sale in november:
http://www.kronekodow.com/gaiko/131023tower15.html
As for art on Ringo anniversary website and 浮き名/蜜月抄 covers the author is also Akira Uno.

deadgrandma 2013.10.24 04:36 AM

Nice shirts, I'll probably get one.

deadgrandma 2013.10.26 06:33 PM

SO if you were wondering what's so special about the "limited editions" of the new CDs:

-both have "Hard Cover Specifications"
-Ukina has published interview to talk about Ukina and includes 'unpublished photos'.
-Mitsugetu Shou has an interview to look back at live tours and includes live photos.

From 15th anniversary site.

deadgrandma 2013.10.31 04:16 PM

If you happen to neat Shinjuku Seibu Station over the next 2 weeks, the Blu rays will be playing on the giant LED "Unicavision" screens on the side of certain buildings. Full details of locations on Kronekodow.

ALSO... for the Magazine collectors... she's featured in the latest Rockin' On Japan.

neoyume 2013.11.01 12:24 AM

IT WAS YOU

Oh :o I just woke up and, it was the first thing I see on Facebook...
IT WAS YOU

What a beautiful surprise !

Inseu 2013.11.01 02:58 AM

Bon Voyage II

edit: I can feel the cosmos of both Neko Saito and Kemeda. This song is for ojiisan.

deadgrandma 2013.11.01 03:18 AM

I know I always say it but this really is one of the best song in years. Never doubt Neko. The video is great too.

Tokyo Jihad 2013.11.01 04:12 AM

It's a very nice video.

deadgrandma 2013.11.01 04:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It's always nice to see her playing piano, pretty sure this isn't the full song either.

Oh, by the way:

Attachment 5688

Glathannus 2013.11.01 05:09 AM

^
That's at least 350000yen worth of merchandise (even without the embedded sales tax) consolidated into one small area.

A full discography would cost less than the contents of those two boxes.

Nimh 2013.11.01 07:08 AM

That video was a nice surprise.

2 weeks till my credit card balance becomes ground zero.

teattum 2013.11.01 07:37 AM

Is this PV actually the complete video? Because, at the end, it seems to be truncated.

Great song anyway.

Maou 2013.11.01 09:08 AM

Wow her voice sounds great in that new song. That's the best she's sounded in a very long time.

thefro 2013.11.01 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadgrandma (Post 88454)
I know I always say it but this really is one of the best song in years. Never doubt Neko. The video is great too.

The production/arrangement is really good all around (both the song & and the PV). They really elevated a Burt Bacharach-penned song that probably wouldn't be that impressive in its original form, despite it's good lyrics. It still feels like a Ringo-penned song though, one that could either be something from Muzai Moratorium rearranged or a brand new tune from 2013.

I'd still like to hear the backstory on how this one actually came about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by teattum (Post 88463)
Is this PV actually the complete video? Because, at the end, it seems to be truncated.

Great song anyway.

It does seems to abruptly cut off just as the outro of the song starts.

thefro 2013.11.01 03:17 PM

Lyrics

You
You were the one
That I remember
It was you

And
I loved you true
And though you've gone away
In my heart I'll always be with you

So you should know
Although it's over
It's still you

Here
Here in my heart
You'll be a part of me
Part of me will always with you.

No guarantees in life.
Sometimes love just goes wrong
But that's okay
Either way it's worth it
Love's still my favorite song
And in the end
If the angels ask me
To tell them what love is
I'll say it was you

clakaz 2013.11.01 04:29 PM

Thanks for the lyrics!
I was about to ask for it.

TurtleFu 2013.11.01 05:28 PM

I love the new song, it's simple yet elegant but also scratchy in the right places. The strings remind me of Yami ni Furu Ame.
The simple melodic and strong emotive lyrics remind me of the Muzai Moratorium type songs. I would not be surprised if this is one of Ringo's early songs that she has only recorded until now.

The PV is stark and reminds me of Kenka Joutou. I love the styling on Ringo and all the blue hues. The only thing I could do without was the constant CGI breath condensation.

Overall, the references to her previous work cement this firmly as a worthy part of Ringo's catalogue and a fitting anniversary release!

deadgrandma 2013.11.01 06:19 PM

So the Saito Neko Quartet also are responsible for Between Today and Tomorrow... both these songs are excellent. I'd totally accept more of this. Maybe an EP rather than a full album. They could fix Gips :-p *I know, I just said that*

TurtleFu 2013.11.02 06:43 AM

Gips needs fixing. Never heard a version of that song that I like.

I agree about the quartet. By stripping down the music to it's most basic elements, Saito has less bells and whistles to distract. He can create raw, minimalist music that is very emotionally charged.

Tokyo Jihad 2013.11.02 12:09 PM

Gips is fine. Don't nu it up.

FadedSun 2013.11.02 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleFu (Post 88473)
Gips needs fixing. Never heard a version of that song that I like.

What...

Just because you don't like a song doesn't mean it's need to be fixed.

TurtleFu 2013.11.02 04:08 PM

I don't want to turn this into a "Gips" thread, because I've had this conversation several time already.
But yeah, I think me not liking something is cause enough for me wanting it to be something that I can like (through the means of a re-arrangement?) The problem with Gips is that there is enough there for me to like but it is covered by some really poor decisions.

What does that even mean? Just because I don't like something doesn't mean to it needs to be fixed. Does that mean, if I don't like something, I should just shut up about it, instead of desiring a version that I would like? I didn't bring it up, it came up in the conversation. But honestly, I'm allowed to be critical. I know I say many negative things, but I have had nothing but positive thoughts about this new song.

deadgrandma 2013.11.02 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 88475)
Gips is fine. Don't nu it up.

Nu died with Jihen, entering NEO phase :-p

Now back to 10th anniversary theme: there's only 10 days till wallet beating time...

Inseu 2013.11.02 09:15 PM

Tried "It Was You" again today, now I think it's similar to this:

frecklegirl 2013.11.02 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milk (Post 88333)
Are you allowed up close to shake her hand or give her a hug? Maybe a hi-five? That would be... \(O_o)/

Just to clarify, I said "It doesn't say she'll appear in person though, at least not in the website blurb" and I never once thought she would be there in person. And she wasn't. There were no posters for sale either. What there were, were free small flyers with the image on it (maybe 8in x 5in). I picked up 5. It was pretty disappointing..

FadedSun 2013.11.03 11:38 AM

That new song came out of no where! I love it, though. Shiina looks very different these days, and dare I say much better? It's like she's aging backwards.

Are we all in agreement that the song is cut off? It's a shame they didn't post the whole video.

ShadyNook 2013.11.03 12:40 PM

That baroque(?) harpsichord playing style must be her new talent. This is the second song she's used it on.

I'd love to hear a rockish-popish take on chamber music, Ringo style. One full album of it, pleazu.

thefro 2013.11.03 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadyNook (Post 88493)
That baroque(?) harpsichord playing style must be her new talent. This is the second song she's used it on.

Probably an old talent considering how long she took piano lessons as a child. Good choice for this song considering the string quartet (and it gives up an "In My Life" vibe).

deadgrandma 2013.11.03 03:04 PM

〈名は体を表す〉と言うが、つくづく言い得て妙なタイトルに膝を打つ。思えばその音楽は勿論のこと、
一流の勘の良さと語彙から生まれるこうしたネーミングセンスもまた、15年間も我々の心を揺さぶり続けてきた彼女が具有する魅力の一片だったとあらためて気付く。
 宇野亜喜良の蠱惑的なイラストレーションがジャケットを彩るこの『浮き名』と『蜜月抄』は、デビュー15周年を迎えた椎名林檎が発表する、互いに異なるコンセプトを持ったベストアルバムだ。
 まず『浮き名』は椎名がこれまでに客演という形で“男性”アーティストと奏でた楽曲から、彼女自身が選び抜いた14曲(ボーナス・トラックを含む)と、 新たにレコーディングされた2曲から成る、〈椎名林檎篇〉名義によるコラボレーション・ベスト・アルバムである。
 クレジットからも一目瞭然の通り、浮き名を流した男たちはいずれ劣らぬ才覚の持ち主だ。逢瀬の時期はデビュー年の1998年から今年2013年までと 15年間を跨ぐ格好となっており、手合わせの作法もボーカル、鍵盤、コーラスに作編曲と猫の目のように変わっている。
「(コラボレーションとは)実地の出会い頭、たったの一瞬、たったの一音で、相手の生まれた起源までをも遡る神秘的な体験。口では言い表せないほどの大きな悦を覚えられる、特別な瞬間です」 (椎名)
 さらに新曲である。「IT WAS YOU」は、アメリカン・ポップスの巨人、バート・バカラックからの提供曲だ。RISING SUN ROCK FESTIVAL 2008 IN EZOで披露されて以来、ファンの間では長らくレコーディングが待ち望まれていた。そしてアルバム同様意味深なタイトルの「熱愛発覚中」は、当代一のサウ ンドメイカーである中田ヤスタカ(CAPSULE)が編曲を手掛けている。本作の“2013年感”を担うかの如く、両者のエレクトロマナーがキッチュで キュートな火花を散らすポップナンバーである。
 一方の『蜜月抄』は、やはりデビュー初期にあたる2000年から2008年までの実演から厳選された珠玉の14テイクと、2009年放送のNHK 『SONGS』における2テイクから成るライブ・ベスト・アルバムである。蜜月とはつまりハネムーンである。自ら実演を行いファンと触れ合う時間を、空間 を、椎名がどのように捉えているのかをこの上無く物語っているタイトルではないか。
 パンクの攻撃性とオルタナティヴ・ロックの構造を持った初期のラウドなバンドサウンドや、楽曲の持つ普遍的なメロディが際立つアコースティック形態に、 ストリングスをフィーチャーした美しく荘厳なアレンジと、多種多様なアプローチで繰り広げられる代表曲が我々を魅了する。しかしながら本作の成り立ちには 或るエピソードがある。そもそも椎名は映像を含まない、いわゆる音源のみのライブ盤に意義を見出せずにいたというのだ。たしかに椎名名義のライブ盤と言え ば、『絶頂集』(2000年)のみだった。
 「音だけで楽しむなんて、皆さんの感受性に頼りきりになるような気がして、落ち着かなかったんです。でもありがたいことに、初期のライブからマルチ(ト ラックレコーダー)を回してくださっていたそうなので、せっかくですもの、やはり一度は形に残しておかないと勿体無いよなあと思い直した次第です」(椎 名)
 彼女はこう語っているが、果たしてビジュアルを排した音源のみの本作からは、彼女の縦横無尽な音楽性とその成長が、むしろ映像作品よりも明確に立ち上ってくる。
 いずれの作品もまだまだ多くの聴きどころに溢れていて、この紙幅ではとても説明し切れないのだが、その辺りは初回限定生産盤のブックレットに掲載され る、椎名が語り下ろした各12,000字に及ぶロングインタビューにバトンを託したい(テキストは本稿筆者が担当)。初めて語られるエピソードも数多く、 2作品/計24,000字分を併せて読めば、椎名が歩んだ15年の足跡から、延いては現在の彼女が見据えている理想までを読み取ることが出来るはずだ。
 少女から淑女へと成長を遂げた椎名林檎の15年。その一端を収めた『浮き名』と『蜜月抄』は、リスナーに深い感動をもたらす目くるめく悦と魅惑の記録で あると同時に、彼女という音楽家が出自から持ち得ていた破格のポテンシャルを窺い知る上で、第一級の資料的価値を備えた作品と言えるだろう。
(内田正樹)
(※追記)上記2作のリリースと同日、椎名の既発ライブ作品とビデオクリップ集が一挙Blu-ray化される。特に8枚組Blu-ray BOX『LiVE』には、初の全国ツアー「先攻エクスタシー」(※『蜜月抄』には音源未収録)から1994年4月9日・渋谷クラブクアトロの模様を収めた ドキュメント映像のディスクが収録される。この初々しくも毒々しい、パンキッシュな魅力を放つ椎名の勇姿は一見の価値がある。

Anyone care to do proper translation? I know there's a lot there...