Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Product Reviews & Information (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [TJ] 2004.11.25 - Kyouiku (CD) [Album] (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=24)

W3iHong 2012.01.08 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Sands (Post 80681)
Too true. Genjitsu was one of the first SR/TJ songs I heard and about half way through the first listen everything just clicked so beautifully. I remember that moment so well... one the train to work, My pupils probably dilated and I may have just sat there with a ridiculous expression of happiness on my face.

It is almost like... after a break-up, you first get sorrowful realization and then madness and hate.

Ringo envisioned this perfectly in this two pieces.

The Most Curious Thing 2012.01.08 07:07 AM

The first time I listened to the album I wasn't looking at the player and assumed they were a single track.

Quote:

Originally Posted by W3iHong (Post 80686)
Ringo envisioned this perfectly in this two pieces.

Along with HZM :)

Tokyo Jihad 2012.01.08 12:39 PM

The thing about Oite is that I kind of wish it didn't include that last little bar or figure that segues directly into Warau. I would kind of like it if it stood more on its own, just leave those last notes to fade and finish and then Warau can start as it does. That way it would sound like the songs are two songs reminiscent of each other, or two parts to the same song, rather than being essentially one song with an introductory piece. I just feel it could have been a bolder statement.

TurtleFu 2012.01.08 01:10 PM

In my custom Kyouiku I actually connected the two songs together.
It's my favourite off the album!

A while back, I asked about Ringo's biggest "FUCK YOU" songs, and I think Genjitsu is one. Though the emotions seem so conflicting. First she's talking about how the guy is no good, and then she says "I would like to be merged into you"

But listening to the DO version it's like any second she's going to find this guy and claw his fucking eyes out. It's awesome.

W3iHong 2012.01.08 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Most Curious Thing (Post 80690)
The first time I listened to the album I wasn't looking at the player and assumed they were a single track.

Along with HZM :)

And HZM :P

Hey, we all agreed on something! Ringo writes awesome "FUCK YOU" songs. :P

TurtleFu 2012.01.12 04:54 PM

According to YesAsia, this CD (as well as several other Ringo CDs) are copy-protected. Is that true? If so, does that really mean it's not possible to rip to your own computer.

((DRM sucks))

deadgrandma 2012.01.12 05:07 PM

Only if u don't know what you're doing

TurtleFu 2012.01.12 06:10 PM

I guarantee you, 99% of the time I have no idea what I'm doing (this applies to every situation)

Maou 2012.01.12 06:19 PM

Don't worry about the copy protection. It doesn't work. At best, it slightly slows down the ripping speed.

Glathannus 2012.01.12 06:55 PM

YesAsia doesn't know the date range for when the record label was protecting anything.

With the Toshiba-EMI CDs I own from a handful of different artists, the protection streak began in Q4 2002 (months after Utaite Myouri - but months before Stem), and ended just before Q4 2004 (when Tokyo Jihen singles were introduced). The Casshern soundtrack seems to have been a protection-free exception during the timeframe (I'm not quite 100% certain about this). Unfortunately the streak of protected releases did include the bonus CD for Baishou Ecstasy, even if they haven't officially declared it as a protected release.

Subsequent CD releases (Gunjou Biyori and onward) were unprotected. However, the record label (even as they became EMI Japan) continued to manufacture protected versions of the 2002-2004 releases, all the way until 2008 when they suddenly reissued most of their 2002-2004 catalog in unprotected versions. (and then they let the 2008 Stem reissue go out-of-print just like the first two pressings)

So in a nutshell, no retail Japanese CDs under the Tokyo Jihen name were ever copy-protected.

As for how to deal with the protection when you come across it:
Trying to rip a pre-2008 KZK CD (one of the first Shiina Ringo purchases I ever made) was what compelled me into finally settling with Exact Audio Copy as my ripper-of-choice. I never had to tell EAC anything about what kind of protection it was ripping, or whether there was any protection at all. In-lieu of Secure ripping (the one-size-fits-all solution more commonly employed with unprotected discs), EAC simply knew what had to be done - even if it meant the ripping might go more slowly than Secure ripping would more-typically be.