Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Product Reviews & Information (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [SOIL&"PIMP"SESSIONSxShiina Ringo] 2013.06.26 - Koroshiya Kiki-ippatsu (CD) [Single] (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=2075)

Osiris12345 2013.06.07 01:21 AM

Fantastic single. A true return to form for Shiina.

a_grumble_cake 2013.06.07 01:37 AM

You know what, I am officially fucking tired of seeing Ringo as the only girly girl surrounded by a group of dudes in suits. That schtick is fucking old now enough of it already.

The song is nice I guess idk

thefro 2013.06.07 06:10 AM

Great stuff, although I echo the part about wishing that the song would be a bit longer.

Glathannus 2013.06.07 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_grumble_cake (Post 87166)
I am officially fucking tired of seeing Ringo as the only girly girl surrounded by a group of dudes in suits.

Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra are always wearing suits, and Chara was a guest for them in a song which actually had a PV. There could be more examples than that, but I'm kinda sheltered.

Anyway, I do understand your frustration. It's painfully obvious that people responsible for the artistic direction of this PV, have seen (if not had a hand in) Tokyo Jihen PVs. Since SAPS have never invested much into PVs before, they just seem to be doing this PV Shiina Ringo's way, since they haven't found a niche of their own.

The record label execs who green-lighted this song are not only targeting customers who bought Adult (which I almost forgot had somebody from SAPS in it), but if we think somewhat beyond the imagery of guys in suits, the marketing people are also targeting anyone who would've responded well to the Shun PV. Not only is this latest PV flaunting her sexuality, but this song is another fusion of Shiina Ringo + Saito Neko + SAPS.

Inseu 2013.06.07 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_grumble_cake (Post 87166)
You know what, I am officially fucking tired of seeing Ringo as the only girly girl surrounded by a group of dudes in suits. That schtick is fucking old now enough of it already.

The song is nice I guess idk

Not a "girly girl", but more like a queen among the scums. I think I developed foot fetish after watching the pv.

I say Ringo should flaunt her sexuality as much as possible while she can.

deadgrandma 2013.06.07 04:49 PM

I see this single is either getting high praise or bitter backlash. I can understand people not wanting more of "that" face of Ringo... But if her not doing it means more songs like Kodoku (sans the bridge part)... Then I say more songs like this. Sure this will probably have very modest sales, but I find more to appreciate here (and the likes of the songs on Carnation) than more pure Jihen esque pop songs.

However, seeing as this is a SAPS release more than a Ringo release, I'm prepared for more Kodoku like tracks... Just gonna have to suck it up.

gekokujyo 2013.06.07 05:44 PM

I can't see anybody NOT liking this song. It's SO. FUCKING. TIGHT. She should always write songs like these brb looping this to death now.

Osiris12345 2013.06.07 05:45 PM

If it ain't broke then don't try to fix it. This song is like a spiritual successor to tracks like Mayonaka and Mittei Monogatari and I love those to pieces. I don't really tire of the "one girl with a bunch of guys in suits" schtick because, well, she IS one girl with a bunch of dudes. And since it's a spy-styled song, it's only fitting that they do their assassin/agent thing.

Also, if Ringo wants to flaunt her sexuality you will find no complaints here.

a_grumble_cake 2013.06.08 03:29 AM

I don't mind if she flaunts her sexuality but that specific dynamic of being the one pastel bright spot of femininity in a sea of testosterone is so old and boring now :hmph:

I agree with Glath, it seems this PV was directly influenced and even worked on by some of the same people who worked on TJ PVs.

TurtleFu 2013.06.08 06:57 AM

Wait, wasn't the scenario of this PV already done in Konya wa Kara Sawagi? Whatever.

I really dig this, and I love the shots of her in sitting/kneeling, not a fan of that poofy pink dress though. As gumble cake says, it's very ultra-feminine, wheareas the rest of the PV is almost noir-like.

EDIT: Oh shit the mole's back again! Was it in the iroblahblah pv as well?