Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Worst movie you have ever seen (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=1648)

deadgrandma 2011.04.10 06:28 PM

Worst movie you have ever seen

Mission Impossible 2

Maou 2011.04.10 06:40 PM

Sideways.

deadgrandma 2011.04.10 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maou (Post 73172)
Sideways.

It was quite overrated, maybe wine and whine doesnt do it for me

Glathannus 2011.04.10 07:57 PM

I actually liked Sideways. Not loved, but liked.
I feel very much in the main character's shoes, with the amount of nuances I make distinctions about in audio or other things, versus the vaguely approving or disapproving manner of other people I've dealt with online and offline. I've also known a guy or two who thought with their dick just as much as the second-to-main character of Sideways.

cjhobbies00 2011.04.10 10:15 PM

These are the worst movies you've seen? Come on.

It's a hard question, though. It's either Transformers 2 or Battlefield Earth.
Battlefield Earth might actually be better. I remember being slightly intrigued with my friends in the empty theater until John Travolta appeared.

Nimh 2011.04.10 10:21 PM

Domino.

deadgrandma 2011.04.10 11:36 PM

Well, I guess I chose Mission Impossible 2 cause it was so disappointing after the hype up. And the songs on the soundtrack weren't even on the movie.

For plain awful bad, Get Him to the Greek.

so_cold 2011.04.11 01:24 AM

Moulin Rouge. A load of mugging, overacting thespians all up in your face and terrible singing. Thank god it wasn't in 3D. Fortunately the friend I saw it with hated it as much as I did and suggested we should leave. Still the only film I've ever walked out of.

I liked Sideways...

MBF 2011.04.11 03:39 AM

Must have been Immortal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl9pSJYXBsk

I mean, there's nothing wrong with making ambitious movies with a low budget, but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD get a decent script!!

Close runner-up would be Eli Roth's Cabin Fever, with the only memorable part being pancake-boy.

Nimh 2011.04.11 06:30 AM

Man, you people are harsh. Sideways and Cabin Fever aren't exactly D.W. Griffith, but hardly the worst ever made. Then again, this is purely a matter of taste: the "worst you've seen" and not "the worst ever made."

Here's a few I've walked out on because it was either that or stab myself to death with a soda cup straw:

American Me
The Last Action Hero
Amelie (hated it!)
Something's Gotta Give

Scribble R 2011.04.11 06:51 AM

Burton's Alice in Wonderland. I didn't think it could be possible to despise anything 'Alice Adventures in Wonderland' related for making no sense. But they did it. Lewis Carroll would be rolling in his rabbit hole (and not just because they made Alice older =P)

frecklegirl 2011.04.11 07:08 AM

Ummmm. Many of the movies I saw in theaters with my friends in middle/high school when we had nothing better to do with our time...

Hanging Up, Scary Movie 3, and something else I've successfully blocked out.

Oh my god! The live-action Cat in the Hat movie!! God, so horrible. (Another movie I went to see while visiting out-of-town with family when there was nothing better to do.)

Oh yeah, I hated Mars Attacks. AND I HATE THE GOOFY MOVIE!! Oh yeah and The Brave Little Toaster (now we are reaching back into childhood).

Sometimes I am forced to watch horrible chick flick movies with friends with bad taste, the most recent of which was Love Happens (so bland...).

I will just stop now. I hate bad movies.

deadgrandma 2011.04.11 07:16 AM

All About Lily Chou Chou. God that movie was awful. And then you get the people going on about how good it is. Oh and ringo has so much more "ether' than salyu.

Maou 2011.04.11 08:31 AM

I thought Indiana Jones and the Kindom of the Crystal Skull was pretty bad, but I can't tell if it was a truly bad or if it's just because of the expectations set by the previous films.

The Descent 2 was horrid. The very definition of a cheap, cash-in sequel. To be perfectly honest, the first film was a tad overrated. Probably overrated because of other, trash series like Saw and Hostel that were popular at the time. Yeah, the Saw series (outside of the first one) belongs on any "worst" list.

I haven't seen most of the movies listed here because they don't appeal to me. I knew Transformers and Burton's Alice would suck so I didn't see them. I have seen Cabin Fever and Amelie and agree. I also couldn't finish Amelie despite how sexy Audrey Tautou is.

cjhobbies00 2011.04.11 02:22 PM

Hors de Prix is a great movie for Audrey Tautou sexiness.

Would never have expected to see 3 votes for Amelie on a list like this.

Nimh 2011.04.11 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 (Post 73207)
Would never have expected to see 3 votes for Amelie on a list like this.

My own reason for walking out on Amelie and biting my tongue whenever someone talks about how much he or she (usually she) loves it, is twofold:

Whimsy + Accordion music.

I can barely tolerate one of those things on its own. Together they are worse than a flesh-eating virus.

deadgrandma 2011.04.11 10:36 PM

Hey now, don't be hatin' on the accordian. It gets gypsies laid.

MBF 2011.04.14 12:40 AM

OMG, a friend just reminded me of another movie I hated like hell. This one's waaay worse than Cabin Fever and maybe even than Immortal.

Skinwalkers

110% awfulness... and here I thought, Uwe Böll was the only insulting Canada by shooting stuff like this over there.

TurtleFu 2011.04.14 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimh (Post 73220)
Whimsy + Accordion music.

I can barely tolerate one of those things on its own. Together they are worse than a flesh-eating virus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadgrandma (Post 73222)
Hey now, don't be hatin' on the accordian. It gets gypsies laid.

So I'm guessing you didn't like "Bonsai Hada"?

deadgrandma 2011.04.14 06:48 PM

Huh what? I didn't say I didn't like accordian? I said it gets gypsies laid. How is that a bad thing?

And I like Bonsai Hada a lot. It's the closest post-KZK song to KZK.

Nimh 2011.04.14 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleFu (Post 73382)
So I'm guessing you didn't like "Bonsai Hada"?

Correct.

Although I do like Paul Simon's use of the accordion in Graceland.

deadgrandma 2011.04.18 02:18 AM

Tron Legacy, give me my 2 hours back!

Maou 2011.06.18 08:22 AM

I have now seen Joody Moody and the Not Bummer Summer and Mr. Popper's Penguins in back-to-back weeks. I can survive anything.

justriiingo 2011.06.19 04:03 PM

I think bad hong kong movies are still better than bad hollywood movies.

cjhobbies00 2011.06.19 06:42 PM

Bad 90s HK movies are better than bad hollywood movies.

Bad current HK movies are pretty freaking bad...completely aimless like all bad movies are but without a decent budget.

mizer_unmei 2011.06.20 07:53 PM

Valentine's Day

Ughhh. Hollywood doesn't know how to do romcoms anymore. And it really pisses me off at how horrendous this movie turned out. x.x

fluffiethesock 2011.06.20 08:18 PM

Meet the Fockers :(

deadgrandma 2011.06.20 08:19 PM

Still, not as bad as Little Fockers

fluffiethesock 2011.06.21 05:55 PM

I didn't even dare.

ChickShhh 2011.06.21 06:21 PM

This is really a joke.
I have read the original book and I did fall asleep for 4 times during the movie.

The Most Curious Thing 2011.06.22 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scribble R (Post 73197)
Burton's Alice in Wonderland. I didn't think it could be possible to despise anything 'Alice Adventures in Wonderland' related for making no sense. But they did it. Lewis Carroll would be rolling in his rabbit hole (and not just because they made Alice older =P)

I most certainly agree.

But you're not suggesting anything questionable about Lewis Carroll's character, are you? :P

Carlx 2011.06.22 11:02 AM

I just knew of ZINDA, the Indian rip-off of Oldboy. I've seen a few videos on YouTube and I'm pretty much sure that watching the movie will result in posting solely the name of the movie here in this topic.

waxringo 2011.06.22 01:00 PM

Human Centipede

stupidest attempt at trying to get gasps ever

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

no offense to the late Heath Ledger
but this shit stank.
horribly.
we sat and stared at the screen and kept contemplating why we couldn't turn the tv off. i guess we really expected it to get better.

TurtleFu 2011.06.22 02:38 PM

Can I put in "The Room"

Like, I know its cool for all the 4chan sheep-ple to LOVE it, but I think "liking things ironically" is stupid.

deadgrandma 2011.06.22 07:18 PM

Redneck Zombies.

OK, I love Troma, but this one failed to even get one laugh out of me.

Glathannus 2011.06.22 10:08 PM

Keeper of Time

Maou 2011.06.23 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleFu (Post 75853)
Can I put in "The Room"

Like, I know its cool for all the 4chan sheep-ple to LOVE it, but I think "liking things ironically" is stupid.

I disagree. The Room and Troll 2 are masterpieces of great disasters. Seriously, watch them with RiffTrax on enjoy the glorious hilarity of bad movies.

TurtleFu 2011.06.23 12:32 PM

"So bad it's good" only works when there is mocking to go along with it.

MST3K wasn't that great, but still, the commentary is what made it funny. The movies THEMSELVES weren't funny.

It's not like anybody ever watched Catwoman just to laugh at it.
(Well, somebody probably did, but that doesn't make Catwoman a good movie)

waxringo 2011.06.24 12:33 PM

lol
Catwoman.....

nuff said

Maou 2011.06.24 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurtleFu (Post 75909)
"So bad it's good" only works when there is mocking to go along with it.

MST3K wasn't that great, but still, the commentary is what made it funny. The movies THEMSELVES weren't funny.

I laughed at "O hai, Doggy" and "Anyway, how's your sex life?"

Tommy

frecklegirl 2011.07.02 12:15 AM

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist.

Just read the book, then watched the movie. Both sucked; the movie was a terrible adaptation of the book, also. Scenes and lines spliced and pasted back in randomly. Ugh. I'm not sure why I thought I would like this.

Also watched The Secret Life of Bees recently. Loved the book. The movie was very meh. Dakota Fanning did not do a good job with the role, but it's very hard I think to act out a character who, in the book, lives so much in her head and has a lot of introspection to explain her actions and thoughts. You really need a narration in those cases and the movie did not employ one which I think was a mistake.

Also, I hate when movie adaptations of books add in new scenes that weren't in the book. The movie already isn't going to have enough room for all the scenes in the book, so why in the world would you cut original book scenes and then add in random new, useless movie scenes??? Harry Potter did this and it drove me CRAZY!!!!

s3r3nity 2011.07.02 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waxringo (Post 75846)
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

no offense to the late Heath Ledger
but this shit stank.
horribly.
we sat and stared at the screen and kept contemplating why we couldn't turn the tv off. i guess we really expected it to get better.

That movie...I don't even know. I watched it like a year ago and all I remember is really weird imagery and some cute red haired girl. I wouldn't say it was terrible but maybe that it made no sense at all and about halfway through you just give up and stare at the screen mindlessly, or fall asleep.

mizer_unmei 2011.07.02 07:05 AM

Aww~ I thought The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus was great. I looove Terry Gilliam, and it's such an improvement from Tideland. I loved the magical parts of it. And I loved that even though they had all these big name stars, Christopher Plummer was the real star in the movie. :wub:

TurtleFu 2011.07.02 08:44 AM

Yes! Absolutely, but I have to say I LOVED Tom Waits in the movie. He can play any Faustian devil anytime. I would totally bet my daughter to him!

karateexplosion 2011.07.02 09:03 PM

HOUSE (ハウス)
Old Japanese haunted house film, along the lines of Suspiria, but oh so much worse. That piano bit that plays near the end is pretty much the soundtrack for the whole movie. I mean, literally, that song plays through about 60-70% of the film. I'm serious.

Osiris12345 2011.07.03 12:29 AM

Worst movie I've ever seen was probably either Rise of the Scarecrows or the Shutter remake. Just thinking about that remake makes my skin crawl. At least Rise of the Scarecrows was hilarious.

Glathannus 2011.07.03 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osiris12345 (Post 76357)
...the Shutter remake. Just thinking about that remake makes my skin crawl. At least Rise of the Scarecrows was hilarious.

I'd seen the original long before there was going to be any remake. Just the thought that there would even be ANY remake, made my skin crawl. I knew they would have to zindaficate it - WHOEVER was taking responsibility for the project.

Did that mean the remake was automatically going to be terrible?
No, but you'd HATE to see something that was fuckin' brilliant, being turned into something that was alright, and you'd hate to see any fans standing strong behind that. (see what I did there?)

kuro_neko 2011.07.03 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karateexplosion (Post 76353)
HOUSE (ハウス)
Old Japanese haunted house film, along the lines of Suspiria, but oh so much worse. That piano bit that plays near the end is pretty much the soundtrack for the whole movie. I mean, literally, that song plays through about 60-70% of the film. I'm serious.

BLASPHEMY.

HOUSE is amazing. I own the Criterion Collection Bluray release. Not that I would blindly believe anything the CC releases is gold, but you can't seriously consider something they would pick as a potential "worst movie of all time." The entire thing is ridiculous and is supposed to be, beginning to end, its so ridiculously bad its actually good. I don't recall reused music to the point of it being obnoxious, but considering ti had a famous 70's popstar right the track, that doesn't surprise me.

I'd say the Haunted Mansion with Eddie Wilson. I remember they launched that together with Pirates back in the day, the first two Disney movie based on franchised park rides. Pirates soared while Mansion...well...it bombed with good reason. I can remember almost walking out of the theatre several times it was so bad.

The Most Curious Thing 2011.07.03 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osiris12345 (Post 76357)
Worst movie I've ever seen was probably either Rise of the Scarecrows or the Shutter remake. Just thinking about that remake makes my skin crawl.

I didn't know there was a remake until you mentioned it. Went to Wikipedia and noticed that the poster tagline is "from executive producers of The Grudge and The Ring." How encouraging is that -_-

Quote:

Originally Posted by karateexplosion (Post 76353)
HOUSE (ハウス)

The only thing better than late 90s-early 00s Asian horror is 60s-70s Asian horror :D

karateexplosion 2011.07.03 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuro_neko (Post 76361)
BLASPHEMY.

HOUSE is amazing. I own the Criterion Collection Bluray release. Not that I would blindly believe anything the CC releases is gold, but you can't seriously consider something they would pick as a potential "worst movie of all time." The entire thing is ridiculous and is supposed to be, beginning to end, its so ridiculously bad its actually good. I don't recall reused music to the point of it being obnoxious, but considering ti had a famous 70's popstar right the track, that doesn't surprise me.

I'd say the Haunted Mansion with Eddie Wilson. I remember they launched that together with Pirates back in the day, the first two Disney movie based on franchised park rides. Pirates soared while Mansion...well...it bombed with good reason. I can remember almost walking out of the theatre several times it was so bad.

I think you mean Eddie Murphy? Yeah, it was pretty awful, but to be honest, I don't think Eddie Murphy's made a decent movie since the mid-'90s. On a related note, I believe Guillermo del Toro is supposed to be remaking Mansion at some point, if that's still in the works.

As far a House goes, I get it, that it's so bad it's good for a lot of people, but that movie far surpasses even that threshold for me. I was just left confused and completely unsatisfied. And I'm usually the type to enjoy terrible movies, along the lines of Mario Bros. Maybe it's just not for me, but I literally didn't even laugh once at the audacity of House. I just sat there with my brow furrowed.

And the piece I was talking about is the piano jingle/main theme here. Maybe not the majority of the movie, but definitely A LOT and mainly during the most inopportune times. It was often enough that it went from ironic to annoying pretty quick for me.

Maou 2011.07.03 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karateexplosion (Post 76387)
I think you mean Eddie Murphy? Yeah, it was pretty awful, but to be honest, I don't think Eddie Murphy's made a decent movie since the mid-'90s.

You kid, right? Eddie Murphy stopped making movies after Coming to America. ;)

karateexplosion 2011.07.03 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maou (Post 76391)
You kid, right? Eddie Murphy stopped making movies after Coming to America. ;)

I was just going of the top of my head, but I looked it up and you are absolutely correct. Though I did like his character in Dreamgirls, but that was a bit role.

kuro_neko 2011.07.04 07:31 AM

ROFL I had no idea where Wilson came from. I don't care enough to go back and edit that post...

yeah, the piano bit being repeated over and over is due to it being the main theme of the film, that is pretty common in scores...I get your beef with the film, it depends on what types of bad films you like. I do like Mario Bros too, lol, that is pretty bad. House is on an entirely different level though, with the soft hair light and decapitations. The entire thing was a gay fantasy custom made for me. Thank god Criterion released it in Bluray!

karateexplosion 2011.07.04 01:35 PM

To put it in perspective, I saw House at a terrible horror movie night at the hostel my friend was staying at. In addition to that, we watched Troll 2, Leprechaun in the Hood (or maybe it was the sequel, Back 2 tha Hood, I don't recall), and Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer. House was the only one I didn't enjoy.

Haha, I can't believe Criterion released a Blu-ray of House. That's almost as ridiculous as the movie itself.

s3r3nity 2011.07.05 06:29 PM

Hahha...I just tried to introduce HOUSE to some friends today, and they looked at me like I was crazy when I described it as "a Japanese psychadelic horror from the 70's"
We just had it on in the background as we ate watermelon instead, which I now realize is actually pretty funny.
House is awesome. But I think maybe when you couple over the top Japanese horror with over the top horror American, Japanese may seem even more strange and hard to enjoy. American stuff tends to be silly and have horrible acting, while House is just kind of...wtf alarming. It's kinda in a whole other world and abandons any semblance of a plot about half an hour or so in. Definitely not for everyone, but definitely enjoyable for some.

deadgrandma 2011.07.05 06:56 PM

I've only seen an American crappy horror movie called "House". Is it a remake or nothing to do with it at all?

Maou 2011.07.05 08:28 PM

^ Nothing to do with it. The American film also has a sequel that's even worse.

karateexplosion 2011.07.05 10:51 PM

I could see Sam Raimi producing a terrible, bastardized remake of House. Bruce Campbell could make a cameo as the watermelon-peddler from the beginning of the film.

Quote:

Originally Posted by s3r3nity (Post 76498)
We just had it on in the background as we ate watermelon instead, which I now realize is actually pretty funny.

That is actually hilarious.:lol:

xephyr 2011.07.06 07:38 PM

Almost anything by Uwe Boll, short of Postal and Rampage, which were actually not bad. Tommy Wiseau's The Room is the greatest thing ever

frecklegirl 2011.07.06 09:17 PM

Ugh. Finished reading The Time Traveler's Wife (overall verdict, didn't like it very much) so I watched the movie. THE MOVIE BLEW EVEN MORE THAN THE BOOK. Ugh ugh ugh. Terrible film, terrible adaptation. So flat and boring. And they couldn't even get details like hair color right. Evidently I have been watching a lot of bad movies lately.

But now I am watching The Reader and loving it already, maybe my luck is changing...

The Most Curious Thing 2011.07.07 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frecklegirl (Post 76578)
Ugh. Finished reading The Time Traveler's Wife (overall verdict, didn't like it very much) so I watched the movie. THE MOVIE BLEW EVEN MORE THAN THE BOOK. Ugh ugh ugh. Terrible film, terrible adaptation. So flat and boring. And they couldn't even get details like hair color right. Evidently I have been watching a lot of bad movies lately.

But now I am watching The Reader and loving it already, maybe my luck is changing...

Both the book and movie of The Time Traveler's Wife are very overrated, which is a shame because the premise itself is quite interesting.

If you like The Reader you should read the original. Really good stuff.

Tokyo Jihad 2011.07.07 06:09 AM

I liked The Time Traveler's Wife (movie) Q_Q

/loves the chick flicks

cjhobbies00 2011.07.07 09:23 AM

We need a thread just to discuss movies we've seen cause I can't believe some of the films being brought up in the thread.

I saw the last half of Ang Lee's Hulk last week and it was so unsatisfying. The CG was horrible and the ending was weak. Jennifer Connelly staring into the camera was the best thing about the movie.

TurtleFu 2011.07.07 09:39 AM

We have it, it's stickied. The Movie/Film Thread.

cjhobbies00 2011.07.07 09:50 AM

I guess I meant that we need a movie for bad movies and not "the worst movies."

laceychu 2011.07.07 04:57 PM

For me, the hands down worst movie I've ever seen was "Deep Blue Sea" (1999). I gave it a chance because I've liked Samuel L. Jackson since Pulp Fiction, but it was Awful. No one could have made that movie any better.

Tokyo Jihad 2011.07.07 05:26 PM

Deepest. Bluest. My hand is like a shark's fin!

Kasu 2011.07.08 01:29 PM

I also saw Hausu (mentioned here earlier) but that didn't seem like a bad movie to me, it was just complete mindfuck and other people agreed with me that it's just the way you imagine an LSD-trip to be.

The worst movie of all time for me is Tommy Wiseau's The Room. It features the silliest dialogues I have ever heard, acted in the worst way I have ever seen anybody acting and the story is just plain stupid. The somewhat famous "Oh hi Marc" dialogue really belongs to the worst scenes I've ever seen. And this movie features a lot more "worst scenes". I still can't believe I even endured watching this. Twice.

EmilScherbe 2011.07.08 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickShhh (Post 75799)

This is really a joke.
I have read the original book and I did fall asleep for 4 times during the movie.

I watched two movies same day last year because I had about 6 hours of idle time between 2 jobs.

And I can say this was better one.
Other one was Space Battleship Yamato.

frecklegirl 2011.07.10 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Most Curious Thing (Post 76595)
Both the book and movie of The Time Traveler's Wife are very overrated, which is a shame because the premise itself is quite interesting.

If you like The Reader you should read the original. Really good stuff.

YES, totally agree. As for The Reader (finished! Loved!), I read the book first; finished it a week or so ago. Loved it. If a movie's based on a book and I have the time, I like to read the book first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 76598)
I liked The Time Traveler's Wife (movie) Q_Q

/loves the chick flicks

ARE YOU KIDDING ME. And you went to film school??? And you think that's a good movie?!? I am shocked.

BlueApple 2011.07.10 07:57 AM

Mimic and its two sequels.... Why? They also got progressively worse.

Also, another movie that I watched on Netflix called TiMer definitely falls into Worst Movie territory.

cjhobbies00 2011.07.10 09:32 AM

It's possible to like bad movies, especially movies where nothing is required except that you turn off your brain.

Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift...I'd admit that I've watched it multiple times on TV. The Time Traveler's Wife is probably a step or two above that movie. Rachel McAdams is cute and Canadian. That is reason enough.

BanFan 2011.07.10 08:50 PM

I'd say it's a three-way tie between It's Alive! (1969), Popstar (2005) and Dragonball: Evolution (2009).

While It's Alive! has horrible writing, acting and monster make-up, what's truly awful about it is that almost all of the last twenty minutes of the eighty minute film consist of a flashback that adds nothing to the plot.

It's Alive!

I don't think I made it through more than twenty minutes of Dragonball before skipping to the best part of the movie: a (not even very good by her standards) Hamasaki Ayumi song playing over the credits. And the only reason I made it through most of Popstar was that it was an absolute train wreck and I couldn't stop watching.

karateexplosion 2011.07.15 02:24 AM

I saw The Room for the first time the other week.
It changed my life.

W3iHong 2011.07.23 09:49 PM

Bruno is the best movie ever.

TeslaGuy 2011.08.01 07:29 PM

Hard to think of a film that was worse than Naked Complex.

"Studly Johnny Smith (ROY SAVAGE), “a very attractive and athletic young man,” starts to exercise on the beach. A pretty girl in a bathing suit approaches... and Johnny runs for his life. The girl turns to the camera and asks a question Mankind has pondered for ages: “Allergic to women? Or Naked Complex?” And what, pray tell, is a “Naked Complex?” Apparently, anytime Johnny gets too close to a pretty woman, he faints dead. Or, as a doctor explains, “It's a culmination of phobias instilled in... oh, never mind what it is.” Nevertheless, the doctor thinks he can cure Johnny by mailing him sit through the strip acts at the Café d'Artist. But when Esmeralda the Snake Dancer gets too close, Johnny freaks. He also decides to say goodbye: “I can no longer hold back this allergy toward women, those beautiful creatures.” So he pilots a small plane and, somewhere, over the ocean, leaps out... And lands in a tree on an island populated by an all-nude DELORES CARLOS and other nakedyoung women. That's right, our dimwit hero is the only man on an island nudist-camp for female sun worshippers. Naturally, when the naked ladies find him, he promptly faints. “Girls, this is serious! The man's presence may be troublesome,” says Delores. Believing he keeps fainting because of his tight flight jacket, the girls remove his clothes but keep him tied up because “you can never tell what kind of a monster lies in a man.” But Johnny eventually unties himself and is pretty soon ogling the girls, Miss Carlos in particular, without passing out. In fact, he and Delores wquickly fall in love: “You know, I feel so happy, Johnny, 'cause you are completely cured!” “I feel quite normal now and seem to have forgotten all of my biased opinions! It's very difficult for me but I want to ask you to marry me!” Hey, is life simple or what? Naked Complex is one of our favorite shot-in Florida nudies. The plot is so dumb as to be almost meaningful, and the whole film is so leisurely paced that time itself seems to drift away without a worry in the world. We especially love the scene where the named women do their naked exercises oblivious to scary purple storm clouds behind them that look positively dangerous. Roy Savage can't faint without looking like he's about to laugh. Delores Carlos, who's also credited as Executive Producer, can't act either but nevertheless boasts one of the greatest exploitation-film résumés on the planet with everything from nudist-camp films for Doris Wishman and Herschell Gordon Lewis to epics like Mundo Depravados and The Mafia Girls. (She and Mr. Savage were reunited the following year for Barry Mahon's equally idiotic The Beast That Killed Women.) According to the credits, Naked Complex was photographed at the “Sun Beach Club, one of the most beautiful Nature Camps in Tampa, Florida,” which, clearly, was the one place in the entire world where everything was perfect."

karateexplosion 2011.08.03 02:23 AM

^Wow, I couldn't even get through half that summary without giving up. Attention spans these day, what have you.

Notable worsts I've come across recently:

El Superbeasto, a Rob Zombie-spawned animated movie, pretty much chock-full of nothing but crude, sexual humor, gratuitous violence and poorly-drawn cartoon breasts, with all the plot of a Scooby Doo episode sans the wacky hijinks. But really, what more can you expect from Robert Zombie?

Swingers, before Vince Vaughn was funny and before Jon Favreau was fat or a director. Apparently people like this movie but all it succeeded in doing was boring me to sleep. How you can write a script with virtually no plot other than "bunch of guys go around doing asinine shit" baffles me, especially when there's not a lick of humor or character development to support it.

deadgrandma 2011.08.03 04:38 AM

^ I like Rob Zombie movies, and Rob Zombie's music.

TeslaGuy 2011.08.03 05:19 AM

The Corpse Grinders

Back in the early/mid 80's, I had so much fun renting VHS copies of stuff like this from the local store Video Vault.

W3iHong 2011.08.03 05:55 AM

Who likes Twilight?

deadgrandma 2011.08.03 07:02 AM

^ your momma

W3iHong 2011.08.03 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadgrandma (Post 77215)
^ your momma

My mom dont even like vampires in the first place lol.

Osiris12345 2011.08.03 10:32 PM

My mom likes the Twilight novels.

W3iHong 2011.08.03 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osiris12345 (Post 77223)
My mom likes the Twilight novels.

If you look through the fairytale bullshit, it is actually about gang violence!

There is an abridged version of the book somewhere in my desktop(it is down)

Something about vampires are changed into niggers and werewolves into mexicans and blood became watermelon juice while claws and fangs were changed into guns.

MBF 2011.08.04 12:10 AM

I only saw the first twilight movie so far and I didn't particularly like it, but I didn't rly hate it either.
I just don't get all the commotion about it at all - to me it's just an ordinary, shallow, teenager love story, like which Hollywood has already seen thousands of in the last years.

TeslaGuy 2011.08.04 05:19 AM

Robot Monster

deadgrandma 2011.08.04 05:27 AM

Heh, I just watched that on the weekend actually. Was shit. And not in the funny bad way like I was hoping.

TurtleFu 2011.08.04 10:29 AM

Actually, it's mostly just Mormon propaganda, really shitty gender politics, and Smeyers wanting to bang her Prophet.

EmilScherbe 2011.08.08 04:04 AM

creepiest movie I've ever watched
The Sea and Poison

deadgrandma 2011.08.08 05:17 AM

^Lily Chou Chou doesn't have the ether, that guy does.

This movie looks pretty bizarre, I gotta hunt it down :-p

Carlx 2011.08.12 11:10 AM

^ I can't stand people saying "omg this song has the ether", "I dunno, don't feel the ether" when speaking of any new song by Salyu. I can only think of the word 'weeaboo' but applied to movies/music.

W3iHong 2011.08.14 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlx (Post 77407)
^ I can't stand people saying "omg this song has the ether", "I dunno, don't feel the ether" when speaking of any new song by Salyu. I can only think of the word 'weeaboo' but applied to movies/music.

deadgrandma 2011.08.14 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlx (Post 77407)

I was saying it as a joke, in a literal way, cause they gave that guy a healthy dose of the ether on that video.

I think it is appropriate to say that Lily Chou Chou is also one of the worst/most boring movies ever. Pretty sure I've already written that before anyway.

Tokyo Jihad 2011.08.15 08:25 AM

It is far from the worst movie I have ever seen, but The King's Speech is so fucking dull, uninteresting, and banal. I found it really upsetting that it beat something like seven better movies for the Best Picture Oscar.

Osiris12345 2011.08.15 11:15 AM

I was really hoping Social Network would take it myself.

BanFan 2011.08.15 07:22 PM

I totally forgot about Le Mans with Steve McQueen until my sister brought it up recently. Maybe people who LOVE racing (ie: they have to be the race car equivalent of "bikesexuals") might like this but no one else should have to endure it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 77444)
It is far from the worst movie I have ever seen, but The King's Speech is so fucking dull, uninteresting, and banal. I found it really upsetting that it beat something like seven better movies for the Best Picture Oscar.

True facts. I only made it through about 15-20 minutes before I just had to turn it off.

karateexplosion 2011.08.29 08:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 5292

The Most Curious Thing 2011.08.29 12:01 PM

Well at least you didn't have to watch it sober.

karateexplosion 2011.08.29 01:42 PM

And I will continue to not watch it sober each third Thursday of every month!

Maou 2011.08.30 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karateexplosion (Post 77760)
And I will continue to not watch it sober each third Thursday of every month!

I want to cruise the Seattle streets with you and Glath while screaming out the lyrics to Under Cover of Darkness and on our way to see that movie. O hai, doggie.