Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   News (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Ringo News 2015 (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=2161)

TeslaGuy 2015.01.29 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadgrandma (Post 93385)
I sorta like the cover, sorta hate it.

AND OH GOD THE AUDIO IS BAD. SO MUCH REVERB! Sound like someone's put on a shitty 'large hall' preset in winamp. WTF UNIVERSAL. WTF GARBLED NIPPON.
I can only hope that the Blu Ray sounds better.

Gee, it sounds like she is singing in a large hall. Oh... she actually is.
They always record at least a couple of audience mics during live shows, and obviously they mixed in too much natural ambience for your liking. I actually don't mind that she doesn't sound like she is singing in a vocal booth, but instead more like you were at the event. Whatever floats your boat...

deadgrandma 2015.01.30 12:38 AM

I dunno, barely audible drums, noticeable Mic bleed, garbled guitar, strings with no real clarity... Not what I expected from a Ringo live which are usually phenomenal in the audio department.

Of course, I haven't heard the actual blu ray yet though.

Maou 2015.01.30 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalmia (Post 93392)
How long are an artist's set at Fuji Rock Festival? May be worth going to if she isn't on tour when I'm in Japan.

They can be pretty long. Tokyo Jihen's set from 2004:

01. Marunouchi Sadistic
02. Meisai
03. The Lady is a Tramp
04. Omatsuri Sawagi
05. Ringo no Uta
06. Sounan
07. Gunjou Biyori
08. Dynamite
09. Jihen Ondo
10. Kabukichou no Joou
11. Service
12. Koufukuron
13. la salle de bain
14. Stem
15. Ekimae

With Shiina I'd expect set that's similar in length. Well maybe. She might only get six songs in.

Tokyo Jihad 2015.01.30 08:58 AM

I agree with TeslaGuy here..it sounds .. live. Isn't that the point?

Maou 2015.01.30 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeslaGuy (Post 93393)
Gee, it sounds like she is singing in a large hall. Oh... she actually is.
They always record at least a couple of audience mics during live shows, and obviously they mixed in too much natural ambience for your liking. I actually don't mind that she doesn't sound like she is singing in a vocal booth, but instead more like you were at the event. Whatever floats your boat...

Yeah, it sounds much better than the Expo '08 mix. In person, the Saitama Super Arena in '08 didn't have as much reverb as these new previews. It was very apparent in the highs of Kokode Kiss Shite (my ears are still ringing from that!), but not quite the same as this preview. However, I don't even know what venue this current show was recorded at so this could be accurate.

On the other hand, DG is right about the drums. Totally neutered like just about every Ringo Jihen release. I can think of a handful of times where the drums come anywhere near their live presence on a Ringo DVD. All the other issues DG has, I'd chalk up to Youtube quality.

Also from the previews, I'm not sure how I feel about two guitars in JL005. I hope Uki doesn't overdo his new rhythm part. I'm glad to see that Uki doesn't seem to be the main guitarist for the show though.

gekokujyo 2015.01.30 10:24 AM

Regardless of how many songs she gets in for Fuji Rock (which should be substantial), there are probably gonna be many other acts worth catching. I am so fucking tempted now.

Also kinda dig Uki's dork rap on Hayari. Lol.

zordon 2015.01.31 12:30 AM

The cover of the live is in line with Sunny stylistically,+ those references to Expo and Bon Voyage. I would so love it if she rocked that pink afro again but it's fine as it is.

Can anyone remind me/explain to me if Uki was on the previous dvd and whether his appearance means anything?

deadgrandma 2015.02.01 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zordon (Post 93406)
Can anyone remind me/explain to me if Uki was on the previous dvd and whether his appearance means anything?

He's broke and Ringo's lending him a hand?

zordon 2015.02.01 04:33 AM

fair enough :P Jihen 2016?

TurtleFu 2015.02.01 05:03 AM

I think for me, I like to rip audio from the DVDs and make them MP3s to listen to, so when they sound exceptionally "livey" they don't sound great outside of the context of watching the concert. So I kind of just EQ the crap out of them to compensate.