Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   News (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Ringo News 2015 (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=2161)

zeroryouko 2015.11.23 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadgrandma (Post 96306)
Ringo to appear at the Dream Asahi festival on 11/23

http://dreamfestival.jp/artist/

This festival is going to be broadcast on TV station CS Asahi one

Has anyone managed to find a link to this online?

deadgrandma 2015.11.23 03:27 PM

Not sure if it's been uploaded yet but I do have the setlist

マヤカシ優男
真夜中は純潔
殺し屋危機一髪
神様、仏様
御祭騒ぎ
長く短い祭
群青日和
NIPPON

And this pic

So about 25 minutes all up.

K__ 2015.11.23 04:05 PM

dunno about that set list, still. I like her hair colour?

tsukigimehime 2015.11.23 07:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
More pics at Natalie!

http://natalie.mu/music/gallery/show...mage_id/485005

I'm mobile, so hopefully this is the correct link... It wouldn't been great if she had done her smoky Kabuki-cho in this outfit with the crown and all, though.

Also, have a cool comparison from Twitter!

gekokujyo 2015.11.23 08:31 PM

apparently she closed the 19/11 show with sakasani kazoete and shun...

gekokujyo 2015.11.24 10:33 PM

existential thoughts: why is Sendai so cold? why is there a queue 2 hours ahead of gates opening? will I get my pants???

Edit: show recap/review! Mostly just wanna jot this down for my own benefit but I feel some people might be interested too.

1. Bonsai hada - no accordion in her band, this was a piano/brass band arrangement. her voice started out REALLY rough, but I think she warmed up over the show.

2. Yasashii tetsugaku - for me this was when the show really started. Electrifying performance.

3. Iroha - nth much to say; crowd seemed to like this.

4. Togatta teguchi - English version! that was unexpected. not that I could make out the words.

5. Roudousha/Hashire wa number/God,Buddha/Genjitsu..
Nothing much to say. Performances were decent, but arrangements we have all heard before. I really didn't like the inclusion of horns on Genjitsu

10. SG ~Superficial Gossip~ / Netsuai - The "sexy" section. Netsuai sounded almost bossa; not that she was singing. She was mostly doing a dance routine in a nurse outfit.

12. Torikoshikurou - wow I've missed this song. I really loved this performance though there wasn't anything different about it.

13. Shijou no jinsei - felt like a very random and out of place inclusion, even though I like the song. feels like it's there to give the brass section a rest.

14. Blackout - Expo'08 realness!

15. Meisai/tsumi to batsu - Cute umbrella prop. She sounded very good.

17. Sailor fuku to something something (cover) - Uki sang this solo, to a bizarre video montage of SR and dancers wearing bright coloured satin sailor fukus and twirling around. It's all slightly abba.

18. Sigma - this was the start of what I call the "feminist" section - this song was a great jolt of energy from the last song. Megaphone pt 1.

19. Keikoku - HANDS DOWN my favourite performance of the night! apart from my bias for the song to begin with, she played it straight ala album, complete with her guitar playing. really got into it.

20. Mayakashii yasaotoko - Exactly the same as expo'14 version.

21. Sayuri dorobou neko song - this was actually excellent, I hope she covers it on her next self cover album.

22. Mayonaka - She played it straight ala studio arrangement! vastly superior to the EM rendition.

23. Shiny pussy - they did an electro funk arrangement. it was cute, and led up nicely to......
24. Kareinaru gyakushuu - I liked this ALOT more than I thought I would. grrrr.

25. Omatsuri sawagi - expo'08 redux down to the choreography.

26. Nagakumijikai matsuri - seamlessly followed the last song; crowd went CRAZY for this song. I was just alright with it.

27. Gunjou - Spa and treatment arrangement + megaphone! I bopped like a teenage girl it was so Gud.

28. NIPPON - nothing to say. one of her better renditions of the song and I've always liked it. definitely a song that works best live.

ENCORE:

29. Sakasani kazoete - particularly poignant given that it was her birthday.

30. Kyougensho - Yay she did this instead of seishun no matataki! Much closer to album version than the virgin line arrangement. Beautiful closer.

Other notes and thoughts:
I had REALLY shitty seats. was literally in the back right at the top of the 3rd level. fortunately it was a small venue so I could see everything clearly, and the acoustics were great too. Stage was really small so the overall vibe felt like Dynamite out /spa& treatment.

For me, the show was a great reminder of things about her that are great that we already know - her discography from 2000 still sounds fresh and relevant today, her songs can be adapted to any number of genres, and she's actually a Great dancer. There was a short little MC about her birthday during the encore. She pointed out that she shares Mishima Yukio's DATE OF DEATH. IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW (her apparent 'right wing' nationalism). Slightly bummed she didn't perform anything unique for this venue and date, but all in all I can't complain. the only other time I've seen her live was at a festival, so to see her perform 30 songs in a one man show was a real treat.

There was a bit of light work and video montaging going on, but nothing quite on the scale of Expo. The first row could literally reach out and touch her feet if they tried, that's how small the place was (compared to her expo venues). I'm very glad I went and I can't wait to use the very gorgeous fabric laptop case I bought (ditched the pants; all too big for me >.>)

tsukigimehime 2015.11.25 04:15 AM

I think I was kneeled over praying in the middle of the show idek.

She and the band had great energy; it was so, so good to see her again. When you hear songs from across the last 17 years together, you really see how it all uniquely belongs to Sheena Ringo. One thing I found interesting is that her face was blacked out (?) during Shijou no Jinsei, while the words ran up her body. I'm sure having kodama involved recently has added this extra layer of visual intrigue, and again, I can't see anyone else even attempting such a thing.

More thoughts later

This is me doing a lot better than just spammy emoticons and gifs of people crying!!!! And the 20,000 pants are comfy as heck!!!!!

Edit to add: didn't she say his date of death? She's funny. (ETA I looked it up, it's his date of death.)

Edit 2: I was cured of my persistent cold for the duration of the concert.
Also, kodama did the pre-concert voice-over MC but I couldn't really tell what he was saying.

I hope we get tadashii machi in Fukuoka holy heck!!!!

EDIT 3: the receipt for today says "Buying goods on Ringo's birthday. Today is a festival."
Idk if it's been mentioned here, but I think every day/every location? Has a different comment on the receipt. I'm not sure what the others are, or how long kronekodow has been doing it for, but I like it! :)

gekokujyo 2015.11.25 04:44 AM

^you're right about Mishima! I'll prob regret not getting those pants T__T briefly considered them again after the show but I was rushing to catch the last train back to Tokyo.

I feel like she's gonna start a band again some time. it feels almost inevitable.....

I think there was a lot of humour today that I missed because of my subpar Japanese. alas!

tsukigimehime 2015.11.25 05:00 AM

I'm sure the pants will end up either on auction or the regular sales website. I got them in a fit because !!!Ringo's Birthday!!!

Nishimura, the big guy in the brass section, told us that he had a story about Sendai, which was that he was at his home and got on the scale and it told him he has 43% body fat. He got worried, tried some diets, then got a new scale (? Iir) then it said he only had like 32% body fat... He had a dream that he told that story at the Sendai show :P

I also liked how nagoshi was the only one dressed as a ghost (white kimono (for dead ppl?)) I'm assuming it's because of his long hair...

Anyway, my interpretation of the show was that a woman, fed up with other ppls expectations and perceptions of her decides she will buck what everyone is saying and then goes off to become a monster. Along the way she gets caught up in some bad situations with some bad people, feels weak, desperate and dependent until she finds herself then stands up for herself and forges her own way to live and enjoy life.

Anyway, that's the story my mind made up for the set list :p

ETA ringo was "yelling at" murata for calling the attention back to her (after Nishimura told his story) to wish her a happy birthday, and said something like it's only at times like that when he's most proactive :0

Also, for what it's worth, I thought her voice sounded great and she seemed to have an easy time signing. lighting and costuming were excellent, and she moved SO MUCH!!!! Her little motions on the war of certain songs, and her kind of dead-tired-undead movements during kamisama were so cool! And the nurse dance was cute, I could see her doing it at her cabaret :)

PS I'm on the train too lmao say hi if you see some non-Japanese person wearing the pants :p

zeroryouko 2015.11.25 11:27 AM

Wow, sounds like a pretty awesome show! I'm enjoying all the details so by all means keep them coming! Was there any evidence of a camera crew (i.e. we might be getting a DVD)?