Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   News (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Ringo News 2015 (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=2161)

FadedSun 2015.01.10 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inseu (Post 93087)
Homage is the excuse of the lazy and the unoriginal.

You may remember that Oomori paid an homage to Ringo on her Mahou Ga cover. I wouldn't exactly call her "unoriginal" or "lazy".

deadgrandma 2015.01.10 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FadedSun (Post 93099)
You may remember that Oomori paid an homage to Ringo on her Mahou Ga cover. I wouldn't exactly call her "unoriginal" or "lazy".

Oomori pays homages to heaps of stuff. So yeah, in Inseu's books, lazy and unoriginal.

Ringo has been paying homage to artists for fucking years now too... starting with, oh, Muzai Moratorium and it's blatant homages to Alanis Morisette etc. That unoriginal, lazy bitch!

Seriously though, please don't tell me you're defending the new single cover, which actually is lazy though :-p It brings me to wonder how much involvement Ringo actually has with album/DVD/Vinyl covers- sseems she doesn't really give a fuck about integrity/no real quality control seems evident anymore.

FadedSun 2015.01.10 03:59 PM

Nah, not defending this single cover, which is too blatant IMO. The preview didn't sound too bad though. Sounds like something that could possibly have been on Muzai or Shouso.

Inseu 2015.01.10 06:27 PM

Oomori is overzealous and demonizing, not girlfriend material.

Ringo is an angel compare to Alanis Morisette, whose music is pretty much unlistenable now, whereas MM still contains masterpieces such as Playing With Blocks, which perfectly combines hard rock and traditional Japanese music. If anything, Ringo was pawning Alanis rather than paying her homage.

Entry№1 2015.01.11 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_grumble_cake (Post 93096)
That preview (thanks, deadgrandma) reminds me of some other song and it's really bugging me.

Could it be one of Ringo's own songs? I think the preview sounds a lot like the verses in Mellow, Gamble, or Oishii Kisetsu (in terms of chord progression/rhythm) and I do NOT have a problem with that.

Also, thank you DG for posting it! :)

a_grumble_cake 2015.01.12 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Entry№1 (Post 93107)
Could it be one of Ringo's own songs? I think the preview sounds a lot like the verses in Mellow, Gamble, or Oishii Kisetsu (in terms of chord progression/rhythm) and I do NOT have a problem with that.

I'm not sure... I think I'm thinking of a song in English, it plays in my head with a male voice that kind of sounds like Depeche Mode's lead. It's probably nothing but it's bugging me :whacko:

Inseu 2015.01.12 01:07 PM

Just tasted Chef Ringo's latest sushi, it's delicious.

deadgrandma 2015.01.12 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inseu (Post 93113)
Just tasted Chef Ringo's latest sushi, it's delicious.

If youre talking about the track you posted in CLT, it's pretty FISHY.

deadgrandma 2015.01.13 02:06 AM

New song: no frills but certainly not bad Ringo ballad.

Maybe the bside will have more balls.

mrnarse 2015.01.13 08:28 PM