Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Our fav. Videogames (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=162)

Tokyo Jihad 2007.05.11 05:58 PM

He didn't necessarily come up with everything. But after the studio in charge fumbled around, he came down with "teh force" and set things straight and guided them to properly reinvision Metroid in 3d.

golem09 2007.05.11 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock (Post 4723)
Alrighty, I may try that out... thanks mon

Did anyone ever play Secret of Evermore? I had beaten Secret of Mana and loved it, and then I went to Secret of Evermore, which I know isn't a true sequel... and that game was really freaky. I actually ended up beating it and feeling kind of depressed afterwards (which is kind of what I felt all the way through). I want to play it again, but for some reason I sold that jawn years back. I'm about to check on eBay..

I played some hours, but I didn't really like it. But you should definitely play Secre of Mana 2!! It's soo good. I don't know if it was ever released in the US or if there's only a fan translation as a rom, but in japan it was called Seiken Densetsu 3 (Seiken Densetsu 2 = Secret of Mana)

fluffiethesock 2007.05.11 10:08 PM

I think I may have played part of that at some point, golem. Was it as good as Secret of Mana in your opinion?

golem09 2007.05.12 04:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock (Post 4845)
I think I may have played part of that at some point, golem. Was it as good as Secret of Mana in your opinion?

Almost. I played it with one of my friends two years ago(You can play with 3 players just like SoM1) and we couldn't stop playing for about 6 days, and we didn't even finish it. It's that good. The gameplay is clearly improved and a lot more fun, the music is great and the atmosphere just feels right. But I still like SoM1 more, maybe because I played it a long time ago.
And you can even play it at least two times. There are 5, 6 or 7 (don't know anymore) charakters to choose from at the beginning and with different combinations the story and lvl progression is different. Every char has a own intro if you choose him as player 1 and the rest is depending on combinations. It's a fantastic game and I would recommend it to everyone who liked SoM1

(images from the german fantranslation)

Maou 2007.05.12 07:29 AM

I loved Seiken 3. Hawk, Kevin, and Lise were my favorite team.

golem09 2007.05.24 10:30 AM

I had a big hardware upgrade a week ago and now it's time for Oblivion. I found it to be more enteratining at the beginning than Morrowind. Maybe I didn't play Morrowind long enough, or maybe I'm just not enough of a hardcore role playing nerd, but so far I like Oblivion much more. And not only in terms of graphics.

fluffiethesock 2007.05.25 03:48 AM

I got to the first city in Oblivion and called it quits. That kind of RPG is just too open-ended (and huge) for me to have any fun.

I did enjoy punching some deer to death though. :blink:

golem09 2007.05.25 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock (Post 6379)
I got to the first city in Oblivion and called it quits. That kind of RPG is just too open-ended (and huge) for me to have any fun.

I did enjoy punching some deer to death though. :blink:

Well, I know that I will have enough time for this. And if you want to, you can foolow the main quest. Lots of fun for me. Thief is my actual char, and the next one will be wizard for sure

Inaudible-Whisper 2007.05.25 08:26 AM

Actually, the main quest is pretty linear. You get told exactly where to go, and what to do and you can jump straight to those areas without having to trek across the vast landscape. Plus, no matter what it'll always be fair as the enemies stick to your level, so if you're weak, they'll compensate with less and weaker enemies. Thus you can stick with the main quest without the fear of having to do side quests to level up. Plus, I find that once you've completed the main quest which isn't as long as you'd might think you'll actually want to explore the rest of the world.

Maou 2007.05.25 08:32 AM

^ Actually, the whole game has markers telling you where to go and what to do. The game feels much less open and intimidating because of those markers. It's the reason some people love the game and some people hate the game.