Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Polls (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Koufukuron (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=1822)

deadgrandma 2011.11.11 09:10 PM

Koufukuron

So which version do you bastards prefer?

Album or single?

Mr Sands 2011.11.11 09:41 PM

At first I really disliked the single version but as I gave it other chances I found myself liking it more and more.

Saying that though, the album version is the one of the first SR songs I heard and I love it so.

I plump for the album version but now I am going to listen to the single, isn't that a bit weird.....

deadgrandma 2011.11.11 09:45 PM

The single always seems fresh to me, probably cause I've overplayed/hear the album version far more frequently.

karateexplosion 2011.11.12 03:12 AM

The album version suffers from what I would call "Kyouiku-fication".

TurtleFu 2011.11.12 06:12 AM

Is there a "neither" option?
Single Ver. is completely flat. There is no emotion in it and the arrangement takes no risks.
Album Ver. takes risks, but it ends up being noise for noise's sake.

The Most Curious Thing 2011.11.12 09:27 AM

Um...Sugoroku Ecstasy. All 1:30 of it (well all 1:30 of it that I've heard). It makes the other two sound boring.

But all three are worlds better than the Gekokujou Ecstasy version :D

Tokyo Jihad 2011.11.12 11:27 AM

this is honestly one of the worst threads I've ever read. The topic is fine, but these posts I am reading, my lord. wtfamireading.jpg It's like no one has actually listened to anything Pre-Adult in this thread. And I'm not surprised nu-emf has the more kawaii ^_^ version winning by a landslide.

That said, I chose Koufukuron album version because, even though it gets tiresome at times, in context it is great. It's MM-era Shiina Ringo summed up in a 2 minute song. Plus, it was a huge breath of fresh air at the end of Ringo Expo.

The single version is good too, there's many appropriate arguments in it's favor. None of which are featured in this thread.

s3r3nity 2011.11.12 01:09 PM

I agree with Jihad that, in the context of the album, the album version is good. (duh, I guess.)
As a standalone though, I prefer the single. From what I understand of the lyrics, the meaning of the song is really very simple and sweet, and SR does a good job of conveying that through the arrangement of the single. It's a song about loving and accepting someone as they are, and that doesn't require shouting into a megaphone. By being not very complex, it allows her voice to carry the emotion, and I personally can totally feel it. I've cried many a good tear to the single version, while the album version is more exciting than emotional.

karateexplosion 2011.11.12 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 79525)
It's MM-era Shiina Ringo summed up in a 2 minute song.

Seriously? Compared to the single version, Etsuraku-hen doesn't sound a thing like any other song on MM. <_<

Tokyo Jihad 2011.11.12 09:43 PM

I didn't say it summed up MM.