Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   2008 Olympics (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=796)

waxringo 2008.08.09 07:38 PM

2008 Olympics

So........I'll admit it. I am HORRIBLY addicted to the Olympics.
I've been watching them since they've started...and I'll watch them through to the very end.
Does anyone else get as obsessed?
Any favorite athletes you are routing for?
What did you think of the opening ceremony?
blah blah blah

Ringo~Bingo 2008.08.09 07:40 PM

I'm the same Wax!! I'm actually watching live right now!! I have no real favourites but I'll still watch everything.

justriiingo 2008.08.09 09:14 PM

Beijing 2008 Olympics opening ceremony is the most spectacular that I've ever seen. Zhang Yimou has redeemed himself. Truly great show.

Weightlifting is usually my favourite to watch. The Turkish gal who got silver is so pretty, but the Chinese gal totally outclassed everyone else.

I watched volleyball last night, USA vs Japan. I was rooting for Japan because they had more varied gameplay, as opposed to USA who were just brute-forcing their way through (as usual). Fantastic match last night, with Japan and USA following each other point by point in the 2nd set. #1 Kurihara and #12 Saori on the Japanese team are totally hot, not to mention fantastic players. I adore their haircuts.

I just finished watching Archery (South Korea vs Italy) and the South Korean gals set a new world record.

So glad the games came to Beijing. Everything's in my timezone now. :)

Ringo~Bingo 2008.08.09 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justriiingo (Post 34294)

I'm not :( over here the coverage starts at 02:00 am!! dosen't stop me watching though as I'm kinda awake through most nights!! but it's obviously going to deter a lot of folk who can't/won't stay up that late to see the games!

Orenji 2008.08.10 02:43 AM

Quote:

Beijing 2008 Olympics opening ceremony is the most spectacular that I've ever seen. Zhang Yimou has redeemed himself. Truly great show.

I was all excited about it; it was the most impressive ceremony I've ever seen! BTW, I'm also a little obsessed with the games!

NCORE 2008.08.10 03:19 AM

yay Holland has it's first gold medal :)
the female cycling race was so awesome with all that rain pouring down, too bad Vos didn't get to connect with the 5 escapees.. ;_;
She would've won for suuure :)

football :)
USA - The Netherlands 1-1
(oh my.. this team sucks so bad.. :S)

Hockey :)
Dutch Female team is playing their first game and just scored 1-0, beautiful :D
Ellen Hoog is hot

ladies now leading 6-0 against South Africa, easy win as expected.

205th edit: http://dxtp2p.com/ <--- nice link

USA scoring 2-1: :waa::waa::waa::waa::waa::waa::waa::waa::waa::huh::unsure::blink::mellow:
this is ridiculous :lol:, might as well sent amateurs to play..
Wtf, Adu should've been sent off for that.. :S (he kicked the goalkeeper in his face literally)

2-2 in the last half minute, well it was a free kick, and it was a yellow card.. but still, those American players just shit their pants, and then it went in as well, poor things :(

Orenji 2008.08.10 06:25 AM

Oh, Spain only has got 1 gold till now :hmph:.

Maou 2008.08.10 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waxringo (Post 34290)
Any favorite athletes you are routing for?

Any American, Italian, and Japan's Shunsuke Nagasaki.

Quote:

I had to wake up before noon to catch the U.S. men's basketball game against China...

NCORE 2008.08.10 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orenji (Post 34302)
Oh, Spain only has got 1 gold till now :hmph:.

Fencing right?
And Nadal is playing right?

watching the USA - China basketball game now :o

Maou 2008.08.10 07:21 AM

Jason Kidd is worthless. LeBron is doing a much better job running the team.