Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Tutorials (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Giving Rep to Someone (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=771)

ShinjiPG 2008.07.20 03:37 AM

Giving Rep to Someone

For some reason, I can't add rep to anyone.
It always says something like "You have to spread Rep before giving it to [username] again."
How does the Rep system works, anyway?

justriiingo 2008.07.20 04:54 AM

It's probably to prevent users from abusing the rep power.
You will need to rep maybe 10 other people first before you can rep the same guy again.

Not that it really matters though.

ShinjiPG 2008.07.20 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justriiingo (Post 32291)
You will need to rep maybe 10 other people first before you can rep the same guy again.

But I tried "Repping" 3 different people... And it's always the same. I don't remember if I repped them before, anyway.
Even if the rep system is not something *that* important, I don't want to randomly rep someone just to be able to do it to someone I really want to rep :S

Inaudible-Whisper 2008.07.20 05:36 AM

You must have repped them before if it's telling you to spread your rep. As justriiingo said, you must give rep to a different bunch of people before giving it to the same person again. Those 3 people you're trying to rep must be 3 people you've repped in your last, say, 10-20 reps.

ShinjiPG 2008.07.20 05:56 AM

I see then.
Well, I managed to rep JR, so that means my repping function isn't disabled x)
It's too bad tho, because there are some people who provide great help many times and to whom I feel the need to rep... alas I can't.
Well, thanks for the info!

Ringo~Bingo 2008.07.20 05:57 AM

you should rep me to make sure it's working:lol:

Inaudible-Whisper 2008.07.20 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG (Post 32294)
I see then.
Well, I managed to rep JR, so that means my repping function isn't disabled x)
It's too bad tho, because there are some people who provide great help many times and to whom I feel the need to rep... alas I can't.

Yeah, I think this is the best way to keep the whole thing balanced and fair though. If you are constantly providing help or doing/saying something rep worthy, you should get rep from a lot of different people, rather than somebody getting lot's of rep from one or two people due to favouritism or something.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.07.20 08:03 AM

yeah, I always get rep-blocked with certain posters (the people in this thread). But it's just a minor nuisance built so people don't just abuse the system.

Ringo~Bingo 2008.08.19 07:39 PM

I noticed that my rep went down from "Medal Worthy" to "Asset" was I penalised for something (double posts ect) or was it a case of too many people approaching the current highest limits, and a resizing of the grades were needed ? :)

(I personally think I should be ranked as 'Forum Commander') :lol:

cjhobbies00 2008.08.19 09:19 PM

I've never been able to give out reputation, i've tried a few times but it always told me to "spread" around reputation. How the hell do i spread my seed if you won't even let me break the cherry?