Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Shiina Ringo Now Streaming on US Spotify (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=2281)

thespidereggs 2018.05.28 08:55 AM

Shiina Ringo Now Streaming on US Spotify

All I can say is finally. Not sure about other countries, and Tokyo Jihen's stuff is nowhere to be seen.

Check it out under Sheena Ringo.

NCORE 2018.05.28 09:25 AM

I don't use spotify... Is that a mistake?
Just clicked the link, totally confused. "This is Shiina Ringo" <-- What is that? What is streamable on there!? I DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT HELPP.

Edit: I'm dumb, it's just a created playlist. I scrolled down and see it's basically her entire catalogue?

Lena-chan 2018.05.29 01:38 AM

In Turkey it's working! Now I can re-listen to old Ringo stuff and see if I changed my mind about it being the epitome of goodness
Also, here the whole Tokyo Jihen discography was already available before

thespidereggs 2018.05.29 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCORE (Post 98787)
I don't use spotify... Is that a mistake?

In terms of? Spotify/streaming is convenient for sure, but less useful if you're interested in supporting musicians you like... Not that any of us should be concerned about Ringo's financial well-being, lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCORE (Post 98787)
I scrolled down and see it's basically her entire catalogue?

Minus Ukina, likely due to licensing issues. I also noticed the SMAP song from Gyakuyunyuu vol. 2 is missing interestingly.

zeroryouko 2018.05.29 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thespidereggs (Post 98792)
Minus Ukina, likely due to licensing issues. I also noticed the SMAP song from Gyakuyunyuu vol. 2 is missing interestingly.

Ukina I kind of get, but she actually *wrote* the SMAP song...is the music industry really that screwed up that she'd have trouble releasing it herself?

chestnutflowers 2018.05.29 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thespidereggs (Post 98792)

Ariamaru Tomi and Mittei Monogatari are missing off "Mitsugetsusho" as well. I guess that's NHK's doing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroryouko (Post 98793)
Ukina I kind of get, but she actually *wrote* the SMAP song...is the music industry really that screwed up that she'd have trouble releasing it herself?

Probably. Johnny's is notoriously backwards when it comes to the Internet (and a lot of other things, really).

kalmia 2018.06.01 11:24 AM

I can change 'My Anthem' on Tinder to Toki ga Bouso Suru now. Cool, I guess.

thefro 2018.06.02 06:47 AM

About time.

The albums all seem to be on Youtube as well officially, although you have to search for track titles.