Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Product Reviews & Information (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [SR] 1998.09.09 - Kabuki-chou no Joou (CD) [Single] (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=29)

frecklegirl 2007.04.02 11:57 AM

[SR] 1998.09.09 - Kabuki-chou no Joou (CD) [Single]

歌舞伎町の女王 (Kabuki-chou no Joou)

01. 歌舞伎町の女王 (Kabuki-chou no Joou)
02. アンコンディショナル・ラブ (Unconditional Love)
03. 実録-新宿にて- 丸の内サディスティック~歌舞伎町の女王 (Jitsuroku -Shinjuku Nite- Marunouchi Sadistic~Kabuki-chou no Joou)
Total Playtime: 8:57

Retail Availability: Amazon.co.jp, CD Japan, HMV Japan

frecklegirl 2009.07.24 08:45 AM

Some thoughts from accela...

accela: i just had a thought
accela: i hope shiina ringo's son grows up to be a singer too
accela: and i hope he one day covers kabukichou no joou xD
accela: konya kara wa kono machi de musuko no watashi ga ou~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAA

For those who don't know Japanese... "joou" (queen) is what she sings at the end of the song... and accela replaced it with "ou" (king). The King of Kabuki-cho!!! baaahahahahaaa
(she also replaced "musume" [daughter] with "musuko" [son])

I would love to see him do that someday *_*

s3r3nity 2009.07.24 11:39 AM

All males who cover the song should do that >_< Otherwise they look ridiculous :P
Either way, that would be awesome. When he sings about his mom, he'd be singing about Ringo!

EmilScherbe 2009.07.24 12:10 PM

歌舞伎町の帝王(Kabukicho no Teiou)

Teiou is sound better than Ou.

makenshiww 2009.07.25 05:12 AM

i would love for someone to make lyrics to this, replacing the girly parts for guy ones. how many parts would you have to replace?

frecklegirl 2009.07.26 10:33 AM

You'd have to replace all the "atashi" with like "boku" or something... and then this line "onna ni natta atashi ga uru no wa jibun dake de" would become "otoko ni natta boku ga..." but I wonder if that still makes sense, as it's talking about a woman selling herself, and it would become a man selling himself... I suppose it could then have a salaryman/selling out to the man type connotation? Not sure if that would make sense to actual Japanese though...

After that, though, plus the last line as corrected above, it'd be all male-oriented or just gender neutral. I think.

Emil, would the line 男に成ったぼくが売るのは自分だけで make any sense to you?

mizer_unmei 2009.07.26 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frecklegirl (Post 60947)
but I wonder if that still makes sense, as it's talking about a woman selling herself, and it would become a man selling himself... I suppose it could then have a salaryman/selling out to the man type connotation? Not sure if that would make sense to actual Japanese though...

I'd think in the kabukicho setting the prostitution meaning would get by even if there was another meaning for "jibun wo uru". Unless male prostitution is something that unfathomable in the Japanese mind, but I think that's unlikely.

kuro_neko 2009.07.26 10:47 AM

well there are A LOT of hosts in kabuki-chou who quite literally sell themselves. it doesn't have the same bite as Ringo's version, but I could totally see the story of a young business man, unable to support his high-rolling fast spending shibuya-kei gal bitch of a girlfriend's spending habits, so he has to take up a position of host in kabuki-chou.

the only problem is that king of kabuki-chou sounds like yakuza kingpin, not queen of prostitutes. I'd keep the line for the male version about being kabukichou-no joou, it is kind of funny, a man singing about being the queen...makes sense too, those hosts are a bit queeny if you get what I mean....