Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Polls (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Mayonaka wa Junketsu vs Mittei Monogatari (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=2003)

Inseu 2012.10.26 01:34 PM

Mayonaka wa Junketsu vs Mittei Monogatari

Fans of Ringo the super spy, which song do you prefer? Why?

deadgrandma 2012.10.26 01:48 PM

Way too hard to choose for me

fluffiethesock 2012.10.26 03:53 PM

No contest.. Can't stand the latter (and the former is nearly perfect)

Scribble R 2012.10.26 04:44 PM

The first because it serves as my SR fandom origin story, but Mittei Monogatari with its flute solo then climax serves as a worthy sequel.

Tokyo Jihad 2012.10.26 04:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock (Post 84777)
No contest.. Can't stand the latter (and the former is nearly perfect)

hm. hm.
Attachment 5527

BlueApple 2012.10.26 04:47 PM

Mayonaka gives me chills. Mittei Monogatari, not so much.

deadgrandma 2012.10.26 05:05 PM

Both I find equal. This poll is a no brainer on what is gonna win though. Still trying to think of a poll question that could possibly yield suprising results. A question like this is just asking "new vs old" again. And we all know who's gonna say what about which on here :-p

But yeah, these two songs, neither hold any super high pedestal for me (maybe at one time), Mayonaka had better bsides and SG has better songs. Best to leave it blank for now.

Inseu 2012.10.26 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueApple (Post 84783)
Mayonaka gives me chills.

Isn't this song supposed to be fun? Why chills?

Ringo never gave me any chills...even with dark, murderous songs like Fukushuu.

I kind of like her a bit more every time she sings "I am really sick of you. And I hate you", even she agrees immediately with "That's right you love me so much don't you."......

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadgrandma (Post 84784)
But yeah, these two songs, neither hold any super high pedestal for me (maybe at one time), Mayonaka had better bsides and SG has better songs. Best to leave it blank for now.

I'm a sucker for that punk jazz/jazz rock/swing rock thing, so for me Mittei Monogatari is easily the best song on SG. I usually pick fast, frenetic ones as favourites (Identity, Ringo no Uta, OSCA, Radio Transmission, Absolute Vs Relative).

deadgrandma 2012.10.26 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inseu (Post 84786)
Isn't this song supposed to be fun? Why chills?

Ringo never gave me any chills...even with dark, murderous songs like Fukushuu.

I kind of like her a bit more every time she sings "I am really sick of you. And I hate you", even she agrees immediately with "That's right you love me so much don't you."......

No offense, but I really think you've missed the point if NO Ringo songs give you the chills. I mean, just watch her performance of say, Kuki on Electric Mole or Souretsu on Domestic Virgin Line. Or Ichijuku no Hana. Even some of the lighter songs like Shun or (solo version) Ringo no Uta send shivers down my Spine with their pure gorgeousness.

Inseu 2012.10.26 06:12 PM

Now that I think about it. Her performance of "Jusui Negai" on DO, and her soft singing on Koufukuron single version would be close to "send shivers down my spine". I just don't...shiver that much. Of course, her powerful voice reaches deep into my soul, but since I listen to her all the time, I could be a bit desensitized - she's like the standard, and now I can't help but dismiss most female singers' voices as bland.

Also the Japanese language is another factor that prevents me from a fuller appreciation of the emotions she try to convey. I'm afraid of reading her lyrics...too honest...and I don't like the idea of letting artistic creation manipulate my emotions. So yeah, most of the time I simply have a good time with Ringo's music.