Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (Music) (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Utadah Hikaru! (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=1062)

ShinjiPG 2009.03.13 02:25 AM

Utadah Hikaru!

Maybe it's a good idea to create this thread, since the CLT is getting a lot of comments on her latest album, This Is The One.
I'm still listening to the full album for the second time, and will probably write some opinions after a while.
Express your Utada love/hate here!

cjhobbies00 2009.03.13 05:57 AM

Thread might be a bit unnecessary...since there doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm for the album.

Is there anyone out there who posted anything positive about the new release?

bromithia 2009.03.13 06:12 AM

Well, I'm listening to the album right now. I'm only on track #2 though, so I'll post when I finish it. :P

a_grumble_cake 2009.03.13 07:19 AM

while I can't say I'm a fan of hers (I only know the Kingdom Hearts songs :D), I've been keeping up with all the leaks thanks to them being posted over the last few months on some entertainment news/gossip community I'm on.

I don't understand why Come Back To Me was chosen as the first single. You're not going to break into a new market with a damn ballad. FYI would have been a much better choice though I'm kind of horrified that the amazing melody from Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence was paired with such vapid lyrics. In fact, the weakest link on this album seems to be the lyrics. I mean, "love you long time"? really?!

ShinjiPG 2009.03.13 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 (Post 47223)
Thread might be a bit unnecessary...since there doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm for the album.

Actually, it's a Utada thread, not a This Is The One thread... But let's see how turns out. I think the album is ace.

Maou 2009.03.13 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 (Post 47223)

It doesn't matter. We can talk about her great Distance album and the few good tracks on Deep River as well, can't we? The title implies it's all about Hikki and not just the new album. I still have the Hikari poster I got with the single on my wall.

cjhobbies00 2009.03.13 09:08 AM

Yes! Let's reminisce about how great that Hikari video was...and then rag on how bad Exodus was.

I was just teasing Shinji btw...no need to defend the validity of the thread.

bromithia 2009.03.13 09:08 AM

I hate her new album. But I should listen to it more than once, I guess

Maou 2009.03.13 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 (Post 47234)
Yes! Let's reminisce about how great that Hikari video was...and then rag on how bad Exodus was.

Hey! Sounds like another artist I know...

The first time I saw Hikki was on Heyx3 Music Champ. She played basketball against Downtown and won. She performed Can You Keep a Secret? as well. It was aight, but that's one of my least favorite songs on Distance.

bromithia 2009.03.13 09:23 AM

Alright, maybe I don't hate it completely. I was just feeling really nauseous when I was listening to it, and during Poppin' I literally almost puked.. I think I remember hearing some tight beats in there though, that made her shitty lyrics not-so-bad sounding.

As for old Utada, I like m-flo's remix of Distance.