Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Straight Outta Fukuoka (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=2203)

zeroryouko 2015.09.01 01:45 PM

Straight Outta Fukuoka

2 Attachment(s)
Has anyone ever noticed the passing similarity between this:

Attachment 6051

and this?

Attachment 6052

The latter is the emblem of the Kudo-kai, a rather notorious Yakuza group. The similarity is slight, probably for very good reason. But, since the Kudo-kai are based in Fukuoka, it also doesn't seem completely coincidental.

Entry№1 2015.09.01 02:29 PM

Whoa. Nice find, zeroryouko. A lot of SR's imagery is taken from mon... Does anyone have any background on the mon she used for ZX?

zeroryouko 2015.09.01 02:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This one?

Attachment 6053

ETA: That seems to be a dead-on match for this:

Attachment 6057

which is called migi futatsudomoe. I can't seem to find a reliable source indicating exactly what this symbol means, although some web sites suggest that it has a meaning in Buddhism similar to that of the more commonly known "yin and yang" symbol.

This makes sense, given that zazen means "Zen meditation". Plus, it also kind of looks like a stylized letter S. Like many good logos, it's a visual pun. :)

Entry№1 2015.09.01 04:34 PM

^ That's the one. Thanks for kicking off the search, I found more information on it elsewhere. It is more commonly referred to as the Tomoe (巴 or 鞆絵), and is apparently a highly ubiquitous symbol at Buddhist and Shinto temples...

tsukigimehime 2015.09.02 02:07 AM

Cool, zero! :O How did you find out this information? Just looking at crime organization logos for fun? :lol:

This somehow makes the names for her Toutaikai/Recohatsu backing band (893 or "yakuza") and recording unit of Nagoshi, Yamaguchi Hiroo, and Tamada (37564 "minagoroshi" or "wholesale slaughter") even more interesting choices...

Does that make her fans less like an army and more like a gang, I wonder :lol:

zeroryouko 2015.09.02 08:31 AM

It was totally by accident. I was browsing one of those top 10 list websites and they had a list of infamous crimes committed by the yakuza. One entry was on the Kudo-kai. It mentioned that they were from Fukuoka, and that they had a penchant for killing civilians (unlike the majority of yakuza groups), and suddenly something clicked and I thought "minagoroshi!" So I looked it up on Wikipedia, and the logo was right at the top of the page.

Then I started browsing organized crime logos for fun. :)

Oh, another interesting fact about the Kudo-kai: In 2000, they attacked the home of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe (then a member of the House of Representatives) with molotov cocktails, apparently because one of his aides failed to pay a bribe. To me, this is almost inconceivable...obviously these are some BAD m-f'ers.

tsukigimehime 2015.09.02 10:36 AM

Wooooah I guess I can see now why people always say the gangs from Fukuoka are the scariest guys around... People always say don't go to Kitakyushu if you value your life :p

zeroryouko 2015.09.02 11:21 AM

They really say that? :o

According to the latest statistics I could find, in 2011, Kitakyushu had a population of ~973K and a total of 12 murders. For comparison, the rural town I grew up in has a population of only ~44K, and in 2011 there were 16 murders there.

I mean, I get that crime in the US is really high, but still...

zee 2016.04.20 01:15 AM

I've been to Kitakyushu once, it's a really weird town. The only town I've been overtly hit on by a gay man in the street and I wasn't even in the sleazy bar area.
Fukuoka on the other hand is a great city!

K__ 2016.04.20 01:30 AM

crazy mothafucka named ringo
from the gang called incidents tokyo
when i'm called off, i got a sawed off
squeeze the trigger and your bandmates are hauled off