Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Unauthorized Ringo Biography (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=212)

pariscombo 2007.05.14 09:44 AM

Can we believe the unauthorized biographic stuffs floating here and there? It's very interesting to look over her life but I can't catch what's wrong and what's right.

Lena-chan 2007.05.14 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justriiingo (Post 5151)
Well...
I guess she's returned to where she used to be.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo~
T_________T

justriiingo 2007.05.14 07:06 PM

I just thought it's something interesting to be shared with everyone here. Who would expect SR, with all her early rock stuff to actually hate rock music in the first place? Although later on the biography does go on to mention that her musical tastes took a 180 degree turn after hearing some Toni person play the guitar, and she loved rock music after that.

How much of that is true, and how much of that is fabricated to bump book sales, I wouldn't know.

Jonny 2007.05.15 01:26 AM

At the same time, why would she dislike rock while dating tons of guitar guys. At least a couple of them had to be into rock.

Canto 2007.05.15 03:24 AM

I think most of the contents are credible enough. This book has been released for 6 or 7 years and if there's any major contradiction to the fact there would be protests from either the record industry or the insiders.(including those ex-boyfriends)

Some of the contents of the books come from the radio show Shiina hosted in her early ages.

Linnéa 2007.05.15 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny (Post 5134)
Maybe I'll try to order this book just for the sake of it. And I've got a dream to read and translate the Shiina Ringo vs Jpop that I have, I guess no one did that so far.

I've always wondered what the deal was with that book... What is it about?

justriiingo 2007.05.16 12:21 AM

From the (unofficial) translation I read, it's mostly about SR's personal life, her boyfriends, musical tastes, inferiority complex, that kind of thing.

frecklegirl 2007.05.22 04:12 PM

Mugg, do you really not remember me posting that same .doc file in the old forums? Exactly everything you posted above was in it. o_o

Here it is again. Ringo Allergy partial translation

And yah, it's unfinished. I had dreams myself of getting the book and finishing it someday, but I need to be able to read complicated kanji first >.>

CatchFiveBats 2007.05.22 04:16 PM

^I remember that doc, frecklegirl. I still have a printed copy of it sitting next to me, actually.

Canto 2008.04.10 09:40 PM

omg.
IMO This post does not have enough quality to be sticky.

1.The technical problem caused my reply to come first and Mugg's post comes second.
2.The biography is from the book called Ringo Allergy, but the quoted passages are far from either complete or the most we can get. Not that "stickily" informative.

the Chinese SR community was closed in the government's action of censorship last year (due to some political posts in off-topic forum). Wish this kind of affairs never happen in the future.