Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Product Reviews & Information (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [SR] 2003.12.17 - Electric Mole (DVD) [Concert Video] (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=54)

frecklegirl 2007.04.02 12:05 PM

[SR] 2003.12.17 - Electric Mole (DVD) [Concert Video]

Electric Mole

01. 幸福論~悦楽編~(一部) (Koufukuron ~Etsuraku Hen~ (ichibu))
02. 罪と罰 (Tsumi to Batsu)
03. 真夜中は純潔 (Mayonaka wa Junketsu)
04. ドッペルゲンガー (Doppelgänger)
05. おこのみで (Okonomi de)
06. 意識 (Ishiki)
07. すべりだい (Suberidai)
08. 黒いオルフェ (Kuroi Orufe)
09. 丸の内サディスティック (Marunouchi Sadistic)
10. 警告 (Keikoku)
delayed brain(一部) (ichibu)
11. とりこし苦労 (Torikoshi Kurou)
12. 港町十三番地 (Minatomachi Juusanbanchi)
13. ポルターガイスト (Poltergeist)
14. ギブス (Gips)
15. 迷彩 (Meisai)
16. 茎 (Kuki)
白い花の咲く頃(一部) (Shiroi Hana no Saku Koro (ichibu))
17. Mr. Wonderful
18. 正しい街 (Tadashii Machi)
19. おだいじに (Odaiji ni)
りんごのうた(一部) (Ringo no Uta (ichibu))
Total Playtime of Main Feature: 01:49:06
Performances Only: 01:25:14

Bonus Content:
おこのみで (Okonomi de) [Uninterrupted]
すべりだい (Suberidai) [Alternate Performance]

Limited Availability: Amazon.co.jp, CD Japan, HMV Japan, YesAsia
Retail Availability: Amazon.co.jp, CD Japan, HMV Japan, YesAsia

ChickShhh 2007.04.10 07:47 AM

Does anyone have the uninterrupted version of Okonomide? I mean the audio rip file. I would appreciate your help very much if... :cool:

Lena-chan 2007.04.10 08:57 AM

I would really really appreciate if anyone uploads the whole bonus content (and also okonomi de audio rip)
isn't a full dvd upload, so I guess isn't against the rules(at least the old ones)
so, please >_<

Glathannus 2007.04.10 06:13 PM

There ought to be a sticky thread in this board for rules, including but not limited to "Wow, it would be great if I had such and such download" posts being forbidden. And I mean no offense to you folks. I approve of your particular posts 100x more often than I dissapprove, which is more than I can say about a lot of other people. I just mean that I think it's counterproductive.

And don't take that personally. It's not as if I'm always productive either. It's just I don't ever want sharing files to be emphasized above sharing opinions and trivia, and so it makes me a bit angry when the first (and so far the only) two replies posted here are about files. Let me just stress that this is NOT a threat. It's not my job to judge people here. Like the Reputation system, I'm judging individual posts, not people, just as any end-user of this site should do. I already have too much work to do already, to be the boards police - that's somebody else's job. You don't have to be afraid of anything I say or feel, but it would be nice if you respected it. I'm also not saying "file sharing is bad" or that "it's so horrible of you to want that", I'm just saying if there's a place for requests/submissions of uploads, this particular board should NOT be it.

Be patient, and in the meantime get comfortable with the Reputation system (being a giver and worthy receiver), and I assure you, there's light at the end of the hall.

Lena-chan 2007.04.11 03:41 AM

sorry, I understand your point and agree with it
I also don't want here as a place that a lot of people come only for files
is just that it would easy my non-stop-search-on-Emule/soulseek-and others for these files
but I don't want to bother our (until now) perfectly peace and activity

Loire 2007.04.11 05:14 AM

There are lots of file sharing softwares, trackers, forums and lj-communities, so you may ask them for SR files. In addition, avoiding file sharing in this community makes it at least "safe" in some ways regarding copyright problems and such.

badtzmaru 2007.04.11 09:14 PM

So, the normal edition of this DVD doesn't include the intermissions and bonus content? :(

This is the next on my list of old Ringo releases I have yet to buy. :) (I know, I still haven't watched the so called great live that this forum was named after... T_T)

Glathannus 2007.04.11 09:35 PM

If you're talking about content on the disc itself, the regular and the limited editions are the exact same. It's just I'm the only person anal enough to list out that extra info.

I almost wish I had a regular edition just so I wouldn't have to worry about how I treat my signed limited copy, because it's a soft-white cover and not a smooth surface, so if you get it dirty it's next to impossible to clean.

badtzmaru 2007.04.12 10:18 AM

I see, thanks! :D Oh, I'm surprised you only have one copy of this, especially since it's signed by HZM! o_o

Mad_Mac 2007.04.24 12:18 AM

Sorry, But i Just Realize No One MAke A Review For This DVD

Review Anyone??

I'm just bought it On-line from hmv.co.jp. I hope it will deliver fast

Mad_Mac 2007.04.24 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glathannus (Post 1468)
If you're talking about content on the disc itself, the regular and the limited editions are the exact same. It's just I'm the only person anal enough to list out that extra info.

I almost wish I had a regular edition just so I wouldn't have to worry about how I treat my signed limited copy, because it's a soft-white cover and not a smooth surface, so if you get it dirty it's next to impossible to clean.

So the different is only the cover??
Can describe all of the differences?? If I'm not mistaken, this live concert is already with Tokyo Jihen right??

Nimh 2007.04.24 09:04 AM

This concert has the best version of "Kuki" (Stem) EVER !!!

The downside is that most of the last third of the DVD is taken up with bits of animation representing the end of Ringo's solo career, so if you want to just get to the next song you have to doa lot of skipping. Right after "Kuki", the climax of the concert, I fast-forward big-time, or sometimes just turn it off (Mr. Wonderful is sweet though).

Maou 2007.04.24 10:33 AM

^ Yeah, the skipping is annoying when watching the DVD, but it's worth it. I just can't pass on the Tadashii Machi and Odaijini performances.

Tokyo Jihad 2007.04.24 11:50 AM

The Tadashii Machi performance was the best song of that show! <=(
(Along with Kuki and Mayonaka)

EDIT: Clearly when I "read" I dont necessarily take the time to comprehend whats stated . Even if its Maou talking =P

Maou 2007.04.24 01:23 PM

I know, which is why I can't pass it. =) The only song I was slightly disappointed with during the show was Gibusu. It doesn't feel the same without the bass drum beat. The new solo was 10x better than the original though.

justriiingo 2007.04.24 03:57 PM

EM = Tokyo Jihen Phase 0.

I like the EM version of Ringo no Uta... but why is it only 0:46 seconds? :angry: It's really annoying when they cut songs in half. Every DVD should strive to be like DO.

Tokyo Jihad 2007.04.24 04:08 PM

Well, its Shiinas penchent for theatrics (for better or worse; this one i think was the rare "better" case.) She teased us out of the first ever performance of Ringo no Uta. Only the people in the seats got it. Not us schmucks in our couches n front of our boob-tube.

I think thats pretty rawk. Altough I would like to hear it for fandom/historical sake. iirc there might even have been a boot. I for some reason recall hearing that whole song in that style once and clearly dint care enough to remember where I saved it. might have been a diff concert entirely, or hallucination anyway.

As I recall, it DID end abrupty anyway (tho, farther in the song.)

Nimh 2007.04.25 08:23 AM

She stopped the song halfway through so she could finish it on her next album as Tokyo Jihen Featuring Shena Ringo who last you saw of her was only halfway through *this* song (drums, guitars!! "watashi no namae wo ushiri ni naritai no deshou....")

Meanwhile we're like, "that's nice. not what i asked for, but nice."

Lena-chan 2007.04.25 09:02 AM

EM's kuki still gives me so mutiple orgasms
is the best version of tadashii machi
EM gibbs move me to tears (and isn't the only one)
without mention that the Honnou's guitar solo from this live is far better than Ukie's
I would die of pleasure if someday SR release an extra with Suguroku Xstasy's Honnou and Izonshou *¬*

Mad_Mac 2007.04.28 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lena-chan (Post 2797)
without mention that the Honnou's guitar solo from this live is far better than Ukie's
I would die of pleasure if someday SR release an extra with Suguroku Xstasy's Honnou and Izonshou *¬*

I can't Find Honnou in EM......

WHAT A PERFORMANCE

This is the best DVD that Shena ever give to her fans in my opinion. A lot of her song played better in this concert than the original one. As usual Hata, Gave his best. My favorite drumist. The other is also played their best.

Mayonaka Wa Junketsu(WOW), Doppelgenger, Okonomide, Ishiki, Marunoichi, Gips, Meisai, KUKI(DAMN GREAT), Mr. Wonderful, Tadashi MAchi, and ODaijini

That whole song amaze me. I just receive my DVD just know, and I'm Speechless until now. Could only give my words through text.

Gips, is not as good as i expected to be, but it's already a good song, so it's kinda hard to make it lot better, than the original i guess.

KUKI, in this performance is the best. WHAT A PERFORMANCE. I agree with the other THAT's the best version of KUKI ever. I don't think even Shena could make a better version than this one.

I love the way they give the intermission, since it's not like a random meaningless picture like they give us in Just Can't Help It. I bet you people who love her since her solo career would cry when you see the way she put her solo career to THE END. Because i did cry even though i love her since TJ days.

A great DVD for me the ating is 97/100.

I LOVE IT SO MUCH

Mad_Mac 2007.04.28 01:36 AM

I can't find the bonus stuff though. Can someone help me??

I ca't read any Japanese, and the menu is all japanese excet for the "Play ALL", and "Menu^1^2".

Tokyo Jihad 2007.04.28 07:42 AM

Honnou and Izonsho WERE played at the show. But apparently someoner figured it was a good idea to cut em from the dvd! So don't worry, you're not going crazy. Having 5 mins of HZM figure Okonomide out is way > Honnou/Izonsho. :whacko:
:(:(

ChickShhh 2007.04.28 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 3164)
Honnou and Izonsho WERE played at the show.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
I want to see Hirama and HZM play this..
I need a time machine.

Lena-chan 2007.04.28 08:23 AM

I guess SR saved the best from later
she MUST release it as a bonus on her next live dvd or something like it
O_O

Mad_Mac 2007.04.28 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lena-chan (Post 3166)
I guess SR saved the best from later
she MUST release it as a bonus on her next live dvd or something like it
O_O

We certainly hope so....

golem09 2007.04.30 01:18 AM

Damn, I saw the girst half of the concert some years ago. I still have to buy and watch the whole DVD though. It's on top of my shopping list..

Maou 2007.04.30 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickShhh (Post 3165)
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
I want to see Hirama and HZM play this..
I need a time machine.

I still :wub: pariscombo for providing the boots for Izonshou, Honnou, and Kabukicho back in the bay.

Op2 2007.05.31 10:18 PM

I decided to watch this DVD again today.

I love when Ringo fans Hata turing Ishiki. I don't know why.

haruhi-suzumiya 2007.06.02 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glathannus (Post 1301)
I helped with that tracklisting because I have a personal rip exactly like that, with the intermissions and bonus songs and all.

Personally I hate the intermission in okonomide. I probably have the same rip as you do. And it's even two seprete tracks for the first half and the second half.

Linnéa 2007.06.03 11:09 AM

Tadashii Machi & Odaiji ni on this DVD are mindblowing. Before EM I didn't care much for TM... Now I do.

In my opinion, this is the best concert DVD ever. I lose my breath somewhere in the beginning and don't get it back until she takes the final tone of Odaijini.

badtzmaru 2007.06.06 03:29 PM

Linnea, you always describe everything so nicely!! >_< <3

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrian (Post 7160)
I love when Ringo fans Hata turing Ishiki. I don't know why.

@_@ I think I'll love this scene, too... Ahh man, I need to buy this DVD now. T_T

justriiingo 2007.06.06 11:52 PM

Yeah get it before it becomes out of print!

Ananda 2007.06.07 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linnéa (Post 7527)
Tadashii Machi & Odaiji ni on this DVD are mindblowing. Before EM I didn't care much for TM... Now I do.

I think exactly the same. To me Tadashii Machi wqas a very generic pop-rock song before the Electric Mole performance. That's a great show !

justriiingo 2007.11.11 09:24 AM

Just watched this again.
OMGGGG. Shitty editing aside, this is such a great performance. Before you Phase 2 fanboys dismiss Hirama as the overbearing guitarist who plays only power rock, please watch this again and play close attention to what he plays on Mesai and compare it to the KZK version. The EM version with Hirama on guitar is clearly superior. Hirama does some super groovy stuff on this song which is clearly audible but not overbearing at all. That's the difference between Hirama and Ukigumo. Hirama = grooooovy. Ukigumo = country (which sucks)

I think the problem with people comparing Phase 1/2 and then deciding that phase 2 is superior clearly forgot about the glorious period of the Double-Six Ecstasy tour. HZM was practically replacing every "odd" instrument on KZK, no mean feat okay.

Tokyo Jihen phase 0, best phase ever.

Canto 2007.11.12 12:30 AM

JR, how does it feel completing an eloquent passage full of subjectivity?

justriiingo 2007.11.12 09:03 AM

I feel sad because the new TJ stuff does not allow me to do this anymore.
And if I was really all that subjective, I wouldn't have mentioned that the editing on EM was sloppy.

sardonicsmile 2007.11.12 03:27 PM

i can't believe this was almost four years ago now.

HEDOfloe 2008.01.10 07:26 PM

Ringo had an OSCA guitar!!

zarya 2008.01.10 10:00 PM

That kimono is just so gorgeous. So perfect.

EmilScherbe 2008.01.11 02:38 AM

Duesenberg DSR-SR Shiina Ringo model "Ichimatsu"

Orenji 2008.01.11 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedofloe (Post 23388)
Ringo had an OSCA guitar!!

Hahaha... They played OSCA in EM, actually... hahaha.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.02.23 06:56 PM

Next up on Jihad's tour of DAP -- Electric Mole.

For some strange reason, this concert and I never really "clicked" before. I can't explain why. I mean, I could acknowledge this was the best live dvd (not that that really says much after watching Gekokujyo last night after jonesing about it all week) but once DO hit, there was literally no looking back.

4 years late or not...

howevva, heres the really ironic part. When this firs came out, I for some reason had a great dislike for Hirama. In fact, when the Jihen announcement hit, I remember thinking, "thats awesome!...If only she got a different guitarist." Really, the only reason I can think of for not liking Hirama is that he looks kinda like a jerk in those robes. Though, so does everyone else (not including Shiina since shes all decked out, obviously.) But his guitar skillz are even better here than in DO. So I guess I was still leery of any Shiina guitarist since Yayoshi. (Now I think I can revert back to being leery.) How times change, course now Hirama is a folk legend and I could care less about any remaining member.

Really I can't explain why I felt the way I did, cuz this concert is sonically amazing. Really the only knock I still hold to it is that the whole band was way too stiff and lifeless. I dunno, maybe cuz the band was still "just the backing band" that was the reason for lack of cohesive energy. I dunno.You can't hear it, but at least I can still feel it. So I dunno. -- Even here, tho, the band is tight.

KZK songs need to be resuscitated in the live stage. I see no reason why even the current band shouldn't be playing Okonomide. Its kinda sad this was, and likely will be, the last we hear of some songs (Keikoku) but better here than GX.

I could list how each song is epic, but its not necessary. They are, you know it, go watch it.

*EDIT* oh yeah, the current band won't play Okonomide cuz theyre too busy playing shit like Lady is a Tramp --cuz we totally haven't gotten sick of that one by now....

But also, I'm historically not so fond of HZM. -- But hes a one man wrecking crew here! So big ups to HZM. As much as I like Izawa -- theres no way he could pull off some of these songs.

EDIT2: I really don't mean that to come off as stealth anti-"phase 2" But I do find it hard to believe this isn't the best band she ever played with.

HEDOfloe 2008.08.21 07:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
When I first saw this, I had not yet joined any SR forum and did not know much about her myth. I don't think I ever commented on this but I did not really like it the first time because I felt they butchered some songs, mainly Mayonaka wa Jyunketsu. Even to this day I don't really like the arrangement but I can enjoy it just because their playing is impressive and it's such an awesome song in the first place. Now, I can enjoy this much more but I still think almost all the originals are better than what they played here. So now I've seen this a total of two times although I've heard it much more than that. Mainly, aside from Ringo, the guys look so trashy that I may as well just listen to the music on its own.

But that's not the point. Upon watching this again last week, I think I finally saw her scars for the first time! Supposedly, in Spa and Treatment it was just tape on her back but there is no way this cannot be the scar. Check it.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.08.21 07:51 PM

Mayonaka (along with Kuki and Tadashii Machi) is the single reason this dvd was needing to be released.

fluffiethesock 2008.08.21 08:06 PM

Maybe she covered her scars with tape :\?

HEDOfloe 2008.08.21 08:07 PM

Those other two were awesome but Mayonaka is best left alone, in my opinion.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.08.21 08:09 PM

:rolleyes:

Nimh 2008.08.21 08:20 PM

I have to agree that Mayonaka rocks on Electric Mole.

Hell, everything rocks on Electric Mole.

ShinjiPG 2008.08.22 12:54 AM

Electric Mole is the Dynamite Out of solo Ringo: everything sounds bests.

HEDOfloe 2008.08.22 07:37 AM

It's obvious why someone who doesn't like Ringo's jazzy side would prefer most things on EM but I'm not saying that they played a bad rendition Mayonaka, although that was my first impression back in the day, I just prefer the original.

Ringo~Bingo 2008.08.22 08:15 AM

Electric Mole's Mayonaka was pretty good I thought ? considering that there was no Tokyo Paradise Orchestra I think they did a pretty good rendition ?

ShinjiPG 2008.08.22 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo (Post 35746)
Electric Mole's Mayonaka was pretty good I thought ? considering that there was no Tokyo Paradise Orchestra I think they did a pretty good rendition ?

Yep.

Maou 2008.08.22 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe (Post 35725)
It's obvious why someone who doesn't like Ringo's jazzy side would prefer most things on EM but I'm not saying that they played a bad rendition Mayonaka, although that was my first impression back in the day, I just prefer the original.

I think you're crazy. Electric Mole is more jazzy than KSK and Mayonaka. Mayonaka is a horrible example of the "jazzy" Ringo since it's a ska song, not jazz. Phase 0/1 was praised when EM was released for being a perfect blend of rock and jazz.

Mayonaka's guitar solo is beastly.

HEDOfloe 2008.08.22 01:45 PM

I wasn't saying that Mayonaka is a jazz song but rather that I can't imagine those people that complain about her recent music to want to have anything to do with the original version of that song.

But, I do agree about that performance being a perfect blend of rock and jazz. I'm still really amazed at how they rearranged the KZK songs, I remember when I first heard KZK I was disappointed because I thought she could never perform most of those songs live. But, clearly, I didn't know her well enough back then =).

Tokyo Jihad 2008.08.22 02:11 PM

I thought your story was that you werent a fan yet back when they were touring KZK...

ShinjiPG 2008.08.22 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 35803)
I thought your story was that you werent a fan yet back when they were touring KZK...

He could not have been a fan back then... so what?
He may have heard KZK before Electric Mole (like I did), and even if he wasn't really "In love" with the album, he could still be amazed at how they pulled it live, in Electric Mole.
What's your point Jihad? :o

Maou 2008.08.22 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe (Post 35799)
I wasn't saying that Mayonaka is a jazz song but rather that I can't imagine those people that complain about her recent music to want to have anything to do with the original version of that song.

Why? Even with the ska band it's more rock than Adult and Variety. It's classic Ringo.

HEDOfloe 2008.08.22 05:37 PM

^ come on, don't exaggerate.

Tokyo Jihad 2008.08.22 06:22 PM

^you're saying its not classic ringo?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG (Post 35812)
He could not have been a fan back then... so what?
He may have heard KZK before Electric Mole (like I did), and even if he wasn't really "In love" with the album, he could still be amazed at how they pulled it live, in Electric Mole.
What's your point Jihad? :o

My point is...
Quote:

Originally Posted by point

HEDOfloe 2008.08.22 06:36 PM

No, I think he was exaggerating in saying that Mayonaka is more rock than ADULT or Variety.

That's an awesome image, though.

ShinjiPG 2008.08.23 03:22 AM

I didn't quite understand anything, but well, I shouldn't have meddled in the first place =P

Orenji 2008.08.23 07:25 AM

"Mayonaka wa Junketsu" is the fucking best single she has ever released. That's all. Fuck Variety.

Lena-chan 2008.08.23 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orenji (Post 35857)
"Mayonaka wa Junketsu" is the fucking best single she has ever released. That's all. Fuck Variety.

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
yey
seconded
/o/

and IMO Mayonaka is indeed rockier than adult and variety o.o

Orenji 2008.08.23 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lena-chan (Post 35860)
and IMO Mayonaka is indeed rockier than adult and variety o.o

That's because Adult is jazzy and Variety is trash-pop.

Lena-chan 2008.08.23 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orenji (Post 35865)
That's because Adult is jazzy and Variety is trash-pop.

agreed
u,u
but with the word shit in the place of trash
cause trash doesn't always smell too bad, and shit does

Ringo~Bingo 2008.08.23 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orenji (Post 35857)

My Man!! pure truth :lol:

HEDOfloe 2008.08.23 06:04 PM

^ Yea, that's probably my favorite single also. Although it's pretty close with Stem (including the b-sides, I don't think Stem compares as a song one on one with Mayonaka).

Yahiko 2008.08.24 08:20 AM

about the scars.. she probably just put tapes there cause well.. if she can put tape for the mic anywhere in her backs.. why not putting it over the scars?

mayonaka is the best single yeah!

second place goes to koufukuron re-release or stem .. .

love all those tracklists

Ringo~Bingo 2008.09.20 09:04 PM

The normal edition of Electric Mole does not have the Suberdai bonus performance!! just so y'all know!
it still has the Okonomi de [Uninterrupted] however.

Controversy 2009.04.05 07:32 AM

i know i'm a little too slow, but i just finished watching electric mole.

and i bloody loved it.

BUT THE EDITING IS SO BAD.

and bad is kind of like an understatement.

but that aside, kuki was epic and i really like hzm's way of playing. i mean come on, i can seriously watch him play all day. he's entertaining! :D

hmm and i cringed when i saw the outfit she was wearing in the second part. not very relevant but ohwell.

I BLOODY LOVE THIS DVD.

p.s: just to echo some of the members, fuck variety. and imho, fuck ringo expo too.

fluffiethesock 2009.04.05 08:21 AM

/agree with Electric Mole comment
/disagree with Variety comment
/agree with Ringo Expo comment, but in a less profane way

That's 2/3, we can be friends!

ShinjiPG 2009.04.05 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock (Post 48932)
/disagree with Variety comment
/agree with Ringo Expo comment, but in a less profane way

Shock!
You didn't like Expo fluffie?

Tokyo Jihad 2009.04.05 02:57 PM

Fluffie doesn't like EXPO?

I mean, it is overrated for the time being...

Osiris12345 2009.04.05 03:23 PM

Dynamite Out > Electric Mole > Ringo Expo

Everyone on the forum knows it's true.

fluffiethesock 2009.04.05 07:43 PM

^agreed

I liked her songs with Junpei and Gomatsuri, but I didn't think the concert itself was anything great. I've reached the point where I don't really want to hear those songs live anymore. Yume no Ato was painful. Blackout was cheesy. Yokyou is waaaay overrated. I expected Yokushitsu to be amazing based on how everyone raved about it, but then it was just her cutting an apple while the camera looked at other stuff. And besides xylophone girl, the band (stage+orchestra) was pretty stagnant.

One good thing about the concert was their omission of Marunouchi Sadistic. :p

Tokyo Jihad 2009.04.05 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock (Post 48968)
^agreed

I liked her songs with Junpei and Gomatsuri, but I didn't think the concert itself was anything great. I've reached the point where I don't really want to hear those songs live anymore. Yume no Ato was painful. Blackout was cheesy. Yokyou is waaaay overrated. I expected Yokushitsu to be amazing based on how everyone raved about it, but then it was just her cutting an apple while the camera looked at other stuff. And besides xylophone girl, the band (stage+orchestra) was pretty stagnant.

One good thing about the concert was their omission of Marunouchi Sadistic. :p

/thumbs up

I wouldnt say Yume was painful. It was just booooring. And this community goes ape-shit stupid for Yokushitsu in any form; I don't get it.

Ringo~Bingo 2009.04.05 08:28 PM

I've not felt compelled to watch the Expo since my initial flurry or even bothered listening to the rip at all, I guess I'm with Fluff in not wanting to hear these songs live anymore or at least for a good while.

fluffiethesock 2009.04.05 08:55 PM

Hahaha, I feel like I just got repped for a terrible reason, Jihad. :lol:

kuro_neko 2009.04.05 09:48 PM

if you guys are going to hate on EXPO, at least do it in the right thread, sheesh.

ShinjiPG 2009.04.06 02:06 AM

So it seems EXPO did split the community some more :P

merman 2009.04.06 04:38 AM

I guess anything is going to have the community split, since she's not the RRRRRRRingo anymore... I really love Expo, but I admit it might be because I have the songs far from overplayed, actually after Zazen it's the only concert I've seen in its entirety. I'm not sick of any of them, so if that's the reason I can understand why somebody wouldn't like it that much, but you couldn't have expected anything else than you got in the first place.
I'm getting ready to watch EM as a whole soon too.

Maou 2009.04.06 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad (Post 48942)
I mean, it is overrated for the time being...

*fails to see how something rated third at best out of 7 DVDs is overrated* Sorry mang, but the orchestra is completely muffling your ability to hear quality. The band is there playing just as well as any band she's had and you can hear them if you actually listen for them. The orchestra was barely in Tsumiki Asobi so I don't know why it bothered you so much. Let me guess, the orchestra ruined Gibs and Tadashii Machi as well, huh?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock (Post 48968)
Blackout was cheesy.

Says the dude who likes Botomin of all songs. :rolleyes:

fluffiethesock 2009.04.06 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG (Post 48985)
So it seems EXPO did split the community some more :P

Ehh, I dunno. I'm only saying that I didn't think it was amazing. I know I'm the atypical example, but I still have a lot of faith in the current Ringo. I've enjoyed almost all of her recent music, and as long as she doesn't keep dwelling on the past (which she had every right to do in this particular case), I don't think she'll be disappointing me again anytime soon.
That is, of course, unless the new B-side is Yokiyou. :B

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maou (Post 48998)
Says the dude who likes Botomin of all songs. :rolleyes:

Haha, tru. But Boutomin was actually written to sound that way. It's a funky song. Variety carries a lighthearted style all the way through. Blackout is from Adult, which, aside from Toumei Ningen, is pretty much the opposite. The new arrangement with the spy movie sound makes it lose any of the dignity it once had.

ShinjiPG 2009.04.06 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock (Post 49000)
but I still have a lot of faith in the current Ringo. (...) That is, of course, unless the new B-side is Yokiyou. :B

So you dismiss "Yokyou" and "Ariamaru Tomi"... How much faith are we talking about here? D:

Btw, I think some people here just don't like orchestras and when a song has a orchestra arrangement, quickly dismiss it. I mean, I read people saying "Oh mah gad, EXPO shucks, except when the orchestra doesn't play." But then again, they probably say a song sucks just because a particular person plays the guitar in it, regardless of the rest of the instrument players and/or singer.

OT, Electric Mole is awesome =)

Tokyo Jihad 2009.04.06 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maou (Post 48998)
*fails to see how something rated third at best out of 7 DVDs is overrated* Sorry mang, but the orchestra is completely muffling your ability to hear quality. The band is there playing just as well as any band she's had and you can hear them if you actually listen for them. The orchestra was barely in Tsumiki Asobi so I don't know why it bothered you so much. Let me guess, the orchestra ruined Gibs and Tadashii Machi as well, huh?

Dude, the orchestra had no business in Tsumiki. When the song started, it was 100% true to the original MM version of the song, a way she hasnt performed in years. I was primed for it, and then the orchestra horns in on it. I did not think it worked. Gibbs however totally worked great! Tashi Machii...I would have liked a straight version with that band -- but we got it straght with phase 1 already so whatever.

Sure, 3 or 4 of 7 doesn't seems right, but the fact that this line of discussion is in the EM thread hints otherwise (plus some genuinely think its better.)

I know you have personal partiality to this show, but I'm just calling how I see it.
(the 1st half ofthe show is really good!)

Maou 2009.04.06 11:06 AM

So do you want straight MM performances or not? You do for Tsumiki, but not Tadashii Machi? The Expo version of Tadashii Machi is more true to the MM version than the EM version even if it's not quite as good.

I have no more personal bias than you do. I still feel EM and Dynamite are better performances and better than anything she'll ever do in the future. Expo completely stalled at points (Yume no Ato, Kuki, Kabukicho, Tsumi to Batsu), but so did the other two. I just think you're overstating the impact of the orchestra on certain songs.

Tokyo Jihad 2009.04.06 11:39 AM

I said I wouldve liked a straight Tadashii Machi, but we got one in EM and I guess the orchestration wasn't as intrusive, so I gave it a pass. However, I the orchestration on Tsumiki felt "thrown in" even more so and I just felt totally deflated when Neko kicked in. I think it made the song feel so "showey", like they were going to pull back the curtains and have elephants posing. But Tsumiki and Tadashii Machi were just two songs where I felt the band was just playing the song straight, and the orcestra played along for no good reason, those were the only times I felt that way in the show. Sure there were other times I felt they weren't there too, but those were the only times it felt totally unecessary to the song.

Maou 2009.04.06 12:01 PM

But, mang, there is orchestration in the studio version of Tadashii and, like Gibs, that's what they're playing at the Expo. :\

I'm not as upset about Tsumiki because I don't even like the studio version. I skip it most of the time. Phase 1 version or bust.

Tokyo Jihad 2009.04.06 12:04 PM

I know theres orchestration in the orig, but they're playing alot more than just their part and I don't think it works like how well it does with Gibbs based on the nature of the song itself.

and that makes me sad. I always saw Tsumiki as a cool punk song from her =(
Phase 1 ver was good, I liked Zazen's best.

Scribble R 2009.04.07 03:47 AM

I have to say, I still do not 'get' this concert. It bores me, although the transition from Tsumi to Batsu to Mayonaka makes me go crazy. I think it's because of the KZK setlist. I do love Doppleganger, though.

It still is a terrific concert, but I don't see it is a masterpiece or anything. Dynamite Out, Zazen and Expo shed a whole new light on certain old songs for me. Electric Mole? Not so much.

hoopra 2009.04.11 07:04 PM

i just wanna say Poltergeist and Okimide and Mayonaka are sick,
Poltergeist was my favorite performance in this concert, the arrangements and timing was just extraordinary on every vocal and piano note, and then how it built up when the drums and guitar finally came in got me so shaken up, what a wonderfull feeling, i don't know what the song is about but it felt so good

Scribble R 2009.07.01 07:56 AM

I am ashamed of my above post. What was I thinking? I watched EM straight through last week for the first time in a long time. What was I thinking? How could I suggest that EM was overrated?

*Jumps off a high wall*

HEDOfloe 2009.07.01 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopra (Post 49461)
Poltergeist was my favorite performance in this concert, the arrangements and timing was just extraordinary on every vocal and piano note, and then how it built up when the drums and guitar finally came in got me so shaken up, what a wonderfull feeling, i don't know what the song is about but it felt so good

that's exactly what the song is about. making you feel that wonderful feeling. that's what music is about and that's why it doesn't matter if we speak japanese or not :).

and scribbles, i was sort of the same way at first. i never really spoke much about this concert because when i first heard some songs, i felt they bastardized the great SR songs i loved. i think maybe it's getting that out of the way that, for me at least, made this concert so enjoyable.

Tronada-UK 2010.12.06 12:39 AM

I was quite amazed how proudly SR revealed to the audience at the end that she had removed her mole.

So much emphasis was played in the cut scene showing everything revolving around her identity in her mole and then she removes it. Has anyone got an interpretation (or know an official one) of what she meant this?

An artistic rebirth?

Nimh 2010.12.07 04:23 PM

^^^ For an artist, everything can become fodder for inspiration/self-expression, including necessary operations.

Scribble R 2010.12.07 04:50 PM

It's the rebirth thing, I suppose. Detaching herself from her past.
"My past can be a lie, oh"

Maybe Ringo doesn't want to be iconic or something.

Tronada-UK 2010.12.08 01:32 AM

whatever the truth behind the matter, cosmetic or symbolic, I love the blatant approach SR had with it. Unlike people such as Ewan McGregor who done it quietly and Michael Jackson who I believe said he only had he nose done once.

That section of the concert was so artistic and cryptic though that I would be surprised is SR had no input into it.

kuro_neko 2010.12.09 07:03 PM

it definitely was a highlight of her career.

I think the mole really was the centerpiece of her persona. you could draw a stick figure, put the mole in the right spot, show it on tv, and most people during this period would have guessed Ringo. she was massively popular after the success of SS and I think part of the whole KZK era, including the mole removal, was her kind of refusing to accept her mainstream success. its like she finally had all the mainstream success and stardom most wanna-be celebrities dream of and what did she do? she threw it back in our faces by literally defacing herself. what a true artist.

still, this was probably the last ballsy thing she has done. In a way she hasn't really ever been the same. I like tokyo jihen for their own merits, but I do miss pre-kyouiku era Ringo. KZK was a great era.