Electric Mole Forums

Electric Mole Forums (https://forums.electricmole.net/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.electricmole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What songs would you like Shiina Ringo to cover? (https://forums.electricmole.net/showthread.php?t=1133)

s3r3nity 2009.04.25 01:33 PM

What songs would you like Shiina Ringo to cover?

This came about when me and my sister were discussing which Japanese artists should cover which ABBA songs and I couldn't think of any good ones for SR. I'd like to hear your opinions on not just ABBA songs, lol, but anything you think would sound cool sung by her.
English, Japanese, or any other language. Doesn't have to be something you think she actually WOULD cover, just what you would like to hear.

I kind of would like to hear her sing Unwritten (Natasha Beddingfield) but I'm not quite sure how that would sound...

kuro_neko 2009.04.25 02:29 PM

moooore enka.

Sailor Fuku to Kikanjuu would be a perfect song for Ringo.

Oh, and a song like Music Fighter of Motto by JAM would be AWESOME for Ringo's vocals. YUKI and Ringo should do a side project together, it would be AWESSSOOOOMEEE, I'd probably cream my pants.

papilionidae 2009.04.26 08:27 AM

how about "you learn" by Alanis Morissette?

i think Ringo's vocal fits well into Alanis's songs :p

by the way, this is one of the "100 Questions for Ringo fans".

lazer85 2009.04.26 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuro_neko (Post 51238)
moooore enka.

absolutely

End of thread.

ShinjiPG 2009.04.26 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papilionidae (Post 51295)
by the way, this is one of the "100 Questions for Ringo fans".

It was also one of the questions here.

clowezra 2009.04.26 10:18 AM

As much as I'd want her to cover something intricate and all, I'd really like to see her add a degree of intricacy to a typical pop-song. At least, I'd find it more interesting. Like, perhaps a Madonna song? Or maybe Girls Aloud? :P This isn't due to general preference-I'd seriously like to see her revolutionize the typical sort've pop tracks they release.

Osiris12345 2009.04.26 11:52 AM

I also nominate more enka. She kicks copious amounts of ass every time she does it. Shiina Ringo + Hibari Misora = some good stuff. Enka originals would be sweet too.

I still stand by the fact that hearing her do Queen would be great. My Melancholy Blues, White Queen, and Death on Two Legs would be badass.

papilionidae 2009.04.27 07:31 AM

enka would definitely be the best choice :p everyone wants her to sing enka. and i was sincerely hoping that "utite myoli ~ so no ni" would be a full enka-covering album (what a slim hope!)

i also like Ringo's "Tokyo no onna". the Peanuts' original version is quite plaintive, but Ringo sang it in a very rock erotic way, which suit her style perfectly. i found Ringo like these oldies very much :p

kuro_neko 2009.04.29 02:13 PM

she would NEVER do it but um I was just listening to Melanchonista by YUKI and it would be a PERFECT match for her image and vocals. it would definitely surprise a lot of people though.

Nebularus 2009.05.13 03:24 PM

"Black Sabbath" by Black Sabbath, or "Pyramid Song" or "Knives Out" by Radiohead.